I was reading the article about the bolt browser on the homepage of crackberry, when I came upon this interesting statement:

"The WebKit based BOLT browser offers ultra-fast viewing of streaming and flash video, high standards compliance, rich media and graphics enabling people to view websites just as they do on a PC."

If someone could explain what exactly this means I would appreciate it. I know its to goo to be true for a browser on a BB to support flash!
    04-02-09 06:18 AM
    I doubt this it does, but I would like to know as well.
    04-02-09 08:25 AM
    Not from what I've seen. I think it will only work with older flash versions and specific web sites. Hulu + South Park Studios do not work (sites say "you need Flash 9+ to view videos").

I think it only works with:

Youtube
    Yahoo video
    Google Video
    Daily Motion

Edit:
    From post:

" People are enjoying the video streaming feature of the BOLT browser � the only mobile browser that lets people enjoy streaming videos on average mobile phones from such popular video services as YouTube, vids.myspace.com,video.yahoo.com , blip.tv,dailymotion.com,metacafe.com and more. "
    04-02-09 08:38 AM
    the issue isn't the browser per se, it's the phone, and the storm just doesn't support flash
    04-02-09 08:39 AM
    the issue isn't the browser per se, it's the phone, and the storm just doesn't support flash
    SkyFire works on phones that dont support flash. Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast.

Browsers like Skyfire, Opera Mini and Bolt all render content on a proxy server, then send compressed and optimized content to the phone browser. It is a possiblity that down the road full flash can be added to Bolt (or SkyFire can be ported to BB). So the technology is "platform agnostic". I love the cloud
    04-02-09 08:44 AM
    It's not the phone. It's all phones. No flash support because it has yet to have been developed for mobile devices.
    04-02-09 08:51 AM
    It's not the phone. It's all phones. No flash support because it has yet to have been developed for mobile devices.
    DING DING DING!!!

WINNER!
    04-02-09 11:30 AM
    DING DING DING!!!

WINNER!
    I think someone ate their vegetables this morning Well put
    04-02-09 11:31 AM
    Damn, I was trying to look at some stuff on hulu the other night on my phone.
    04-02-09 08:29 PM
    Vegetables for breakfast. Hmmm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 08:34 PM
    would be great to watch hulu., Someday, at least for iphone users. It is under development for them.
    04-03-09 06:19 AM
    There is no flash player availible for bb at all.

04-03-09 06:54 AM
    DING DING DING!!!

WINNER!
    That is exactly why I should leave the laptop and crackberry in my room first thing in the morning when I go to the john. Not there is a mess all over my bathroom for my girlfriend to clean up...thanks Truth lol
    04-03-09 06:58 AM
    I just tried to download the Skyfire Browser to my BB 9530 and it says its not supported. Damn.
    04-03-09 08:02 AM
    I think someone ate their vegetables this morning Well put
    They probably slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night!
    04-03-09 11:59 AM
    Not from what I've seen. I think it will only work with older flash versions and specific web sites. Hulu + South Park Studios do not work (sites say "you need Flash 9+ to view videos").

I think it only works with:

Youtube
    Yahoo video
    Google Video
    Daily Motion

Edit:
    From post:

" People are enjoying the video streaming feature of the BOLT browser � the only mobile browser that lets people enjoy streaming videos on average mobile phones from such popular video services as YouTube, vids.myspace.com,video.yahoo.com , blip.tv,dailymotion.com,metacafe.com and more. "
    But it asks me to Open or Save the video and i choose Open and it says unsupported media type. (8130 pearl, 4.5--something OS)
    04-05-09 07:42 PM
    It only works w/ sites like YouTube because those types of sites use a different type of formatting on their videos. I forget what it is exactly but I remember reading about it somewhere. Anybody have a link?
    04-05-09 09:38 PM
    What the heck are you talking about? Several phones have flash and it has been developed for a while already.

04-05-09 09:58 PM
    What the heck are you talking about? Several phones have flash and it has been developed for a while already.

No they don't. Flash is not supported at all in ANY mobile browser. I don't know where you are finding this but please enlighten us all. If there is one available please put the link up so all the millions of people waiting for this can now have flash enabled browsers.
    Last edited by pmas; 04-06-09 at 06:04 AM.
    04-06-09 05:49 AM
    No they don't. Flash is not supported at all. I don't know where you are finding this but please enlighten us all.
    All Windows Mobile 5 phones run flash, palm pre will be running flash and soon iphone will be getting flash.

adobe.com/p roducts/flashplayer_pocketpc/ downloads/player.html
    04-06-09 06:03 AM
    Here's the deal.

Flash may never run native on Blackberrys. Why? Read this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/y-...layers-188229/.

Bolt, Skyfire and OperaMini browsers are server based. This means that, unlike the native Blackberry browser, your web pages are decoded on a web-based server and then the serve and the browser work together to display the web page.

The BlackBerry browser works like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome to display each page on ots own with no help from a web-based server.

YouTube translates each and every video on-the-fly and displays it in Media when you wish to play a YouTube video.
    04-06-09 09:49 AM
    No they don't. Flash is not supported at all in ANY mobile browser. I don't know where you are finding this but please enlighten us all. If there is one available please put the link up so all the millions of people waiting for this can now have flash enabled browsers.
    Ok smart guy here is one link that might help you. http://www.adobe.com/mobile/supported_devices/

Do a little research next time buddy.

04-06-09 12:02 PM
    If they did have Flash support that could put this browser over.

Am I the only one that finds it annoying that there's no "page address" or "send address" options in BOLT like there are with the default BB Browser?
    04-07-09 05:18 PM
    All Windows Mobile 5 phones run flash, palm pre will be running flash and soon iphone will be getting flash.

adobe.com/p roducts/flashplayer_pocketpc/ downloads/player.html
    I have two WM5 and 1 WM6 phone infront of me right now, NONE have flash.
    04-11-09 03:06 PM
    I have two WM5 and 1 WM6 phone infront of me right now, NONE have flash.
    Get Skyfire - best WM Browser out there. That, and an app for Yahoo Fantasy Baseball are the 2 things I'm really longing for on the STORM!
    04-11-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD