I've been a Tmo customer for 5 1/2 years and was considering switching to a cheaper carrier/plan; I dialled 611 to discuss (ok,, threaten) to transfer to ATT unless there was some kind of incentive to stay.. got transferred to loyalty department and was offered an 8990 and 8220 for $ 100 and $30 each; a myfav for 400 anytime minutes plan for $49.99 (usual price is $69.99) with a 2 yr extension .. I thought I got a pretty good incentive.. just curious to hear stories of what great preferred rates/prices others have got.
    04-01-09 10:30 PM
    $100? That's greats. You didn't specify, but I'm guessing you're on a family plan. If so, $49.99 is a great price for 400 minutes, that's a $480 savings over the course of your 24 months.
    Last edited by SpyDude; 04-02-09 at 03:06 AM.
    04-02-09 03:02 AM
    Yes, it is the my fav family plan (2 lines)
    04-02-09 08:14 AM
    I bought a new 8320, paid almost full price for it, and about 2 months later I found out that it was a refurb, and TMobile admitted that it was a refurb, but they said because its been more than 14 days they won't do anything...
    After a few phone calls, and finally a call to loyalty department I was given 60$ credit for february biill, and 50$ for march bill, so not bad after all...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 08:24 AM
    I've been a Tmo customer for 5 1/2 years and was considering switching to a cheaper carrier/plan; I dialled 611 to discuss (ok,, threaten) to transfer to ATT unless there was some kind of incentive to stay.. got transferred to loyalty department and was offered an 8990 and 8220 for $ 100 and $30 each; a myfav for 400 anytime minutes plan for $49.99 (usual price is $69.99) with a 2 yr extension .. I thought I got a pretty good incentive.. just curious to hear stories of what great preferred rates/prices others have got.
    The equipment pricing is extremely good. Is that pricing before rebate?
    04-02-09 09:30 AM
    The equipment pricing is extremely good. Is that pricing before rebate?
    They offered an instant rebate and these were the prices - net of rebate.
    From the TMO website, an 8900 is $199 after $300 worth rebates (mail in and instant) and the 8220 is $49 after mail in an instant rebates of $300.

So I got $120 off of their advertised prices (assuming I would have come in as a new customer) and $20 a month less than advertised rate
    04-02-09 09:40 AM
    I just went through this Yesterday. Had numerous phone issues and than was lied to by a T-mobile manager! Finally after getting rude with several different people I was given my current plan, myfavs 700 for 49.99 plus free m2m freeing up a myfav on both of our phones, the wife and I call each other free, plus I was given the data packages on each of our phones for 20 bucks each. With two months free. 109.94 for two lines myfavs 700, m2m, unlimited text and unlimited data. Not to bad if you ask me. This is in addition to the free 8820 they sent me last week to replace my Dash.
    04-02-09 10:51 AM
    they offered me same price @ 49.99 which was 600 anytime + myfaves to unlimited minutes for same price>>>> nice!!!
    i was with tmobile for 7 years. and no extension on contract. just straight plan upgrade...

best deal ever!!! EVER!!!!!
    04-02-09 10:52 AM
    I just went through this Yesterday. Had numerous phone issues and than was lied to by a T-mobile manager! Finally after getting rude with several different people I was given my current plan, myfavs 700 for 49.99 plus free m2m freeing up a myfav on both of our phones, the wife and I call each other free, plus I was given the data packages on each of our phones for 20 bucks each. With two months free. 109.94 for two lines myfavs 700, m2m, unlimited text and unlimited data. Not to bad if you ask me. This is in addition to the free 8820 they sent me last week to replace my Dash.
    Not bad at all, you must have much better negotiating skills than me.
    04-02-09 10:56 AM
    they offered me same price @ 49.99 which was 600 anytime + myfaves to unlimited minutes for same price>>>> nice!!!
    i was with tmobile for 7 years. and no extension on contract. just straight plan upgrade...

best deal ever!!! EVER!!!!!
    No doubt!! Did you have to haggle a lot or was it offered right away?
    04-02-09 10:57 AM
    That's the thing I didn't have to negotiate at all. I even told the lady, hey this is way more than I asked for. She just said she felt bad for all I had been through and that I was a loyal customer that they wanted to keep. They sure did too!!!
    04-02-09 11:19 AM
    Ive been with T-Mobile on and off for a while now but i called about going back to $print for the UNL everything plan and T-Mobile offered me a great deal

1 Line
    1500 ATM w/ MYFAVES
    UNL N&W
    UNL SMS/MMS
    UNL Data/Email
    UNL Long Distance/Roaming
    FREE M2M
    Insurance
    $85.00 - w/taxes it comes to $98.00
    ot Bad at all...........
    04-02-09 12:27 PM
    No doubt!! Did you have to haggle a lot or was it offered right away?
    right away I didn't even ask for it... but I moved my number under my company's account so i'm not paying either way so I couldn't take advantage of it.
    04-02-09 12:50 PM
    Ive been with T-Mobile on and off for a while now but i called about going back to $print for the UNL everything plan and T-Mobile offered me a great deal

1 Line
    1500 ATM w/ MYFAVES
    UNL N&W
    UNL SMS/MMS
    UNL Data/Email
    UNL Long Distance/Roaming
    FREE M2M
    Insurance
    $85.00 - w/taxes it comes to $98.00
    ot Bad at all...........
    very very nice!!!
    04-02-09 12:52 PM
    Unlimited everything 84.99

04-02-09 04:37 PM
    Unlimited mins for $49.99 + my normal BB data & text plan.
    04-02-09 06:47 PM
    if you currently have no plan then likely you are paying much less then current plans.

Do not fall for their trick to get you to buy a plan at a higher price.

Now a days you can purchase an unlocked or even TM locked phone from a legit store for a lower price than the TM offer. (I am not talking about dubious ebay offers that have no warranty).
    04-02-09 09:04 PM
    I just called in the other day to ask a simple question and the lady said since I had been a loyal T-mo customer for x number of years they had an offer that , for the same price as my myfaves 600 min plan (49.99) gave me unlimited mins w/o contract extension. I thought it was a great way to show some appreciation, and try to keep some customers. But I don't plan on leaving T-mo for a while, because of the customer service.

04-02-09 09:27 PM
    Been a Tmo customer for almost 6 years and never upgraded phones or extended my contract since first signing (nothing ever enticed me to do so, until the Curve 8900 debuted [smiles]):

Through the Customer Loyalty dept. I obtained the following with a 2-yr extension:
    -Curve 8900 for $180 (no hassle of rebates; direct discounts)
    -discounted equip. shipping ($5 standard delivery instead of $10)
    -free MyFavs added to my current plan
    -removed and backdated my M2M to the beginning of my billing period (minus $7 there)
    -added handset warranty&insurance for $6

All in all I received a GREAT deal for the handset, and my monthly bill is now $1 less than previously with the same minutes&convenience of calling my preferred contacts, plus added handset protection.

Oh, and the Cust. Loyalty rep. informed me of a Tmo/BB phone recycle rebate I took advantage of to get back $50 after purchasing my new BB and sending in my old phone (old Moto V620); should be receiving the rebate shortly.
    04-03-09 01:19 PM
    ive only been with them a year.... think i can get anything?
    04-03-09 05:54 PM
    I got 89 per month for complete unlimited everythoing on two lines. 25 dollar data per phone...myfaves software is only convenience. I have unlimited minutes anywhere. Text and pic message

04-04-09 01:10 AM
    First post here awesome forum by the way. Recently called in to T-mobile to cancel one of my three OOC lines (on a 49.99 family plan) and the rep winded up giving me the 8900 for $100 no shipping and no upgrade fees. At first he wanted a 2 year extension but he eventually conceded and agreed to do a manual override and give me a 1 year.
    04-05-09 02:28 PM
    I'm frustrated, I see other T-Mo customers getting good deals on a BB 8900 except for me. I have been with this company for 4 yrs now and they want me to pay full price ($499) and I want the pricing listed on the website now at $150. Now, I did do my first upgrade last year in June for an 8100. It was my first BB ever and I just wanted to see if I liked it, and I do!!! BB's rock!! So I told them that ATT has the Bold for free when a sign a contract. And I told them it would make more sense for me to cancel and pay the fee (200) and go to ATT then to pay the 499. I got so frustrated with the rep, who didnt say or do very much and I told him to go ahead and cancel it. So as of April 19th I will be without service. Any tips or advice? I really dont want to go to ATT I prefer to say at T-Mo but I just feel that I have been a loyal customer and deserve better treatment.
    04-09-09 11:45 AM
    I'm torn. I can get that good price because I'm fixing to add a line to my plan. I just feel like tmo should be a little more willing to give me on my line a better price for the 8900. I've been with them for 7 years and had 3 phones. I don't typically upgrade all the time. I just want the 8900 for the memory and being faster. The rep I talked to said it would be the 450 dollars. I asked about the installment plan and I had 100 dollars. WTF.

04-09-09 12:46 PM
    I'm frustrated, I see other T-Mo customers getting good deals on a BB 8900 except for me. I have been with this company for 4 yrs now and they want me to pay full price ($499) and I want the pricing listed on the website now at $150. Now, I did do my first upgrade last year in June for an 8100. It was my first BB ever and I just wanted to see if I liked it, and I do!!! BB's rock!! So I told them that ATT has the Bold for free when a sign a contract. And I told them it would make more sense for me to cancel and pay the fee (200) and go to ATT then to pay the 499. I got so frustrated with the rep, who didnt say or do very much and I told him to go ahead and cancel it. So as of April 19th I will be without service. Any tips or advice? I really dont want to go to ATT I prefer to say at T-Mo but I just feel that I have been a loyal customer and deserve better treatment.
    Bottomline, you don't qualify. Your tenure doesn't matter here, if you paid two-year pricing you need to wait 22 months or 11 months for one-year pricing. If you did the 12 month upgrade, then next month you should be eligible for discounts.

Big mistake going to ATT, pay more for BIS, lousy service, etc. So the choice is yours but ultimately you don't qualify thus you are being told to pay $499 full retail.
    Last edited by SpyDude; 04-13-09 at 01:46 AM.
    04-13-09 01:42 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD