So I downloaded app world today and now I can't find BB Maps. It is still in my applications list and all of the permissions are set correctly but I have no icon. Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 03:01 PM
    So I downloaded app world today and now I can't find BB Maps. It is still in my applications list and all of the permissions are set correctly but I have no icon. Any thoughts?

I am having the exact same issue. I even tried reloading via Desktop Manager and no dice. I changed the theme...again, no dice. Anyone?
    04-01-09 03:05 PM
    All AT&T customer are losing it, regardless of theme. Blame RIM or AT&T. My bet is on AT&T asking RIM to remove the service books.
    04-01-09 03:07 PM
    Do you think a restore from before today will get me back to where I was?

04-01-09 03:12 PM
    Do you think a restore from before today will get me back to where I was?

I did not go back and try this, but on other threads that is the suggested way to get it back. Certainly worth a try.
    04-01-09 03:14 PM
    Certainly worth a try.
    Until the next time you need to have service books sent.
    04-01-09 03:15 PM
    you could load google maps?
    not a solution but a alternative
    04-01-09 03:17 PM
    Yup.

This p*sses me off more for the principle rather than the actual issue. I'm not losing sleep over it, I just keep my eyes peeled for a work around.
    04-01-09 03:17 PM
    Isn't there a way to save the service book,other than doing a restore from the backup, for that so when that happens you can put it back
    04-01-09 03:18 PM
    Restored from my backup 3 days ago and all is well. Its not that I use it that much (google maps is more user friendly) but I do use it sometimes.

04-01-09 03:30 PM
    This is disappointing. I don't want to use Google Maps either. I need to find a solution for this.....driving me nuts and gets me fired up at both RIM and AT&T
    04-01-09 03:46 PM
    Anybody find a way around this yet? I'm totally stumped. Too much has happened since my last backup to try that.

What's maddening is that it shows up on the app list in advanced options, and shows as already being loaded in App Loader. But it's just not there.
    04-03-09 10:57 PM
    Yup.

This p*sses me off more for the principle rather than the actual issue. I'm not losing sleep over it, I just keep my eyes peeled for a work around.
    Ditto. Never really used it much, but at least I had a choice to make. The crippling of devices is one major reason I left Verizon. As long as I'm not over the 5GB limit, I don't see why I should have functionality clipped like this.

04-03-09 11:43 PM
    Glad I'm not the only one. This really is aggravating.
    04-03-09 11:45 PM
    How about when you connect to the pc and remove it using add remove programs on the desktop manager.
    Then try adding it again as it should still be in the application list on the pc!!

04-04-09 04:25 AM
    I guess At&t really does not want our business afterall.
    04-04-09 06:42 AM
    I stopped using BB maps
    I either use Google Maps or Nav 4 all
    I had amaze gps but found it to clunky and
    Hard to set up

Wayne

04-04-09 06:43 AM
    I guess At&t really does not want our business afterall.
    RIM is who removed Blackberry maps not ATT..do a search somebody posted an email from ATT saying exactly that
    04-04-09 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD