Does it actually work ???
    I just dont think it does because radar detectors are illegal.

Any info ???
    04-01-09 02:31 PM
    It's not a radar detector.

Users simply alert the program of speed traps and where cops are likely or have been recently sighted running radar.

Also alerts of checkpoints, speed cameras, and red light cameras.

No phone on the planet has the ability to detect radar.
    04-01-09 02:36 PM
    But you have to admit if they could that would be pretty cool.
    04-01-09 02:39 PM
    Does it actually work ???
    I just dont think it does because radar detectors are illegal.

Any info ???
    FYI:

o Illegal in all vehicles: Virginia, Washington D.C., U.S. military bases
    o Illegal in commercial vehicles under state law: Illinois, New York (specifically, commercial vehicles over 10,000 pounds (4,500 kg) and all vehicles over 18,000 pounds (8,200 kg)) Also illegal in all commercial vehicles over 10000lbs under US federal law
    o Indirectly illegal (Illegal due to prohibitions against affixing items to windshield - "obstructing vision"): Minnesota, California[1], New York[16]
    o Repealed: Connecticut (repealed in 1998)

so your statement is only partially accurate

and a RD is way better and more reliable than a phone notifying you; but it's still good to have if nothing else.
    And thanks for the info.
    And Im in Canada everythings illegal here lol
    04-01-09 02:40 PM
    ah man that sux that they arent allowed. but there are RD's that are "invisible" to radar detector detectors so could always consider one of those! lol
    04-01-09 02:47 PM
    Trapster looks like it has most of the usual spots for police to hide in my town. Anyone on here used it yet and had it work?
    04-01-09 09:46 PM
    Trapster looks like it has most of the usual spots for police to hide in my town. Anyone on here used it yet and had it work?
    I've had it tell me where the local spots are(where I know they already sit) but I've yet to see an update when there is a LEO present.
    04-01-09 10:08 PM
    I used it on my way to work today and it seemed to function as it says it does. It's pretty simple as far as "reporting traps" too. I like it, nice you get the voice notification when you are coming up on a trap.
    04-01-09 11:20 PM
    Its got alot of the usuall spots around my town. I just used it on a trip and it worked like it should. It doesnt tell you theres a cop there. It just tells you someone has seen a cop here before. Works good for just a little peace of mind. Its would say cops often hide here. I would slow down. Get out of range and speed back up. Is it a replacement for a radar detecter? No. Is it a neat little app that shows you alot of the regular hide outs that you can interact with? Yes. I like it.
    04-02-09 12:59 AM
    imo its a great app. i live in the bay area in california and it works great. every time i get near a red light with camera it notifies me. or if it hasnt been placed in the app. you can always add it. it alerts upon location and settings can be changed
    04-02-09 01:56 AM
    i used it last night for the first time and was pretty impressed.
    04-02-09 09:54 AM
    Works great saved me a few times on the highway!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:02 AM
    I know that I'm digging this thread up but I am trying to figure out if you can keep trapster in the background. That is, could I hear the alerts if I were to have another app such as the browser open?

09-28-09 01:46 AM
    Works great on my Blackberry. You DO have to keep the phone plugged into a charger because the screen is always on. No big deal. I've already reported one trap in my town. Phone calls come in fine. Not sure about running a second app at the same time, since Trapster requires a full screen.
    02-18-10 09:09 AM
    luv it, works awesome, picked up a few live trap alerts.. exit'd the app and cruised on through the traps.. then turned it back on
    apparently they can tell you have a radar detectors, but doing this ive gotten away with it.
    Good luck
    02-18-10 03:28 PM
    luv it, works awesome, picked up a few live trap alerts.. exit'd the app and cruised on through the traps.. then turned it back on
    apparently they can tell you have a radar detectors, but doing this ive gotten away with it.
    Good luck
    You turned trapster off because of a cop? Your phone IS NOT a radar detector. I love how dumb people are.

FYI you can turn the option off to keep the screen on. Settings > advanced > keep backlight on

02-20-10 08:57 AM
    Good luck
    What do you mean live trap alerts, how can the phone detect if theres a cop doing radar ?
    02-20-10 09:00 AM
    What do you mean live trap alerts, how can the phone detect if theres a cop doing radar ?
    It can't detect radar. Trapster allows members to report different traps so his app pulled the information from trapsters database.

02-20-10 09:03 AM
    I down loaded this yesterday. So far I'm liking this app. It surprised me that its free.

02-20-10 09:26 AM
    It can't detect radar. Trapster allows members to report different traps so his app pulled the information from trapsters database.

I know what it is I downloaded it the first day it came out but when I realized it was just people saying where traps somtimes were I got rid of it, but Im just going off of what vette said about live trap alerts, whats that about ?
    02-20-10 09:48 AM
    I know what it is I downloaded it the first day it came out but when I realized it was just people saying where traps somtimes were I got rid of it, but Im just going off of what vette said about live trap alerts, whats that about ?
    A live trap is where someone reported an active LEO in the area. If you see one behind a bridge just click in the map and add a new report.

02-20-10 01:34 PM
    You turned trapster off because of a cop? Your phone IS NOT a radar detector. I love how dumb people are.

FYI you can turn the option off to keep the screen on. Settings > advanced > keep backlight on

Dumb? your the one with the mustang..lmfao
    and maybe in your area it does not work for the type of detectors they have

but it works here trust me.. I have picked up many live traps... even as they were settin one up yesterday....
    before you call someone dumb cuz your jealous they have a better car than you, ya etter wipe your *** of all that jizz from your boyfriend,
    you remind me of a ****** with a yellow convertible mustang, Keep it up winner
    02-21-10 07:31 AM
    Its even been mentioned on tv shows on how well it works.... so keep whinin that it doesnt work for you...

and ive drove back by 5 minutes later when the cop had someone pulled over and the warning was gone....
    Funny how its caught EVERY live trap for me...theres been a ton as i drive alot

p.s. Im in ontario canada, the us gets newer detectors before we do... Im sure the new detectors it doesnt pick up... but here they must use archaic ****
    Last edited by TestaVette; 02-21-10 at 07:39 AM.
    02-21-10 07:33 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD