If you can't find Shazam in App World you can get the link sent to your email by going to here:
    Shazam OTA

Ok everyone Shazam does work on the Storm for the most part. To get it to work you have to:

Go to options> Advanced Options> Applications
    Highlight Shazam and hit BB key.
    Click Edit Permissions
    Set them all to Allow.

Then do the same thing except click Disable Compatibility Mode instead of Edit Permissions.

You have to close out Shazam totally and reopen it for these changes to take effect.

When you open Shazam you hit the BB key to pull up menu then click Tag Now for it to listen to the song.

You are not able to click and of the other options in that menu tho. To close the app just keep hitting the back button till it closes.

But. If you re-enable compatibility mode after you do the setup you will be able to select the other options in the menu but the keyboard will always be up. I prefer to have no keyboard and not be able to click around because you are able to tag songs easily and see the results. You don't need to click any of the other options unless you are trying to buy the song.

Like I said this program works great and has recognized every song ive tested from my computer, tv, and car so far.
    Last edited by kram941; 04-06-09 at 10:49 PM.
    04-01-09 01:20 PM
    How did you fine it on app world I even typed in the SEARCH and it came back nothing is any one else haveing this problem?
    04-01-09 01:28 PM
    How did you fine it on app world I even typed in the SEARCH and it came back nothing is any one else haveing this problem?
    Go to 'Top Downloads' - it is the first one
    04-01-09 01:30 PM
    It was listed under the top 25 apps for me. When I search it does not pop up either. Seems like its a problem that needs to be fixed. Don't know of any other way to find it other then on the Top 25.
    04-01-09 01:33 PM
    After you finish the setup, re-enable compatibility mode and you can select the other options.
    04-01-09 01:36 PM
    Its not on my "Top downloads" and it not on their when I search either......ugh
    04-01-09 01:37 PM
    Blieve it or not it was the LEVEL to see if something it level and I looked at the hole top downloads still nothing I don't think this thing likes me rofl!
    04-01-09 01:39 PM
    Sweet, thanks!
    04-01-09 01:40 PM
    It was noted earlier that Shazam was circumventing the pricing model. Free download but then you have to purchase it outside of AppWorld.

They probably removed it from the listing because it didn't adhere to AppWorld's business model.
    04-01-09 01:40 PM
    It was listed under the top 25 apps for me. When I search it does not pop up either. Seems like its a problem that needs to be fixed. Don't know of any other way to find it other then on the Top 25.
    Just checked there and it appear that it's not on the top 25 anymore. Mostly all are free downloads now. Any other suggestions? I think since the app is not meant for the storm yet that when you search for it, it doesn't come up. If anyone find another way, please let me know.
    04-01-09 01:42 PM
    Just checked there and it appear that it's not on the top 25 anymore. Mostly all are free downloads now. Any other suggestions? I think since the app is not meant for the storm yet that when you search for it, it doesn't come up. If anyone find another way, please let me know.
    It is #1 on my Top Downloads in the App World. I have noticed many people saying their Top 25 is different then other peoples. I don't know what is up with that.

Oh and Shazam is a free App.
    04-01-09 01:45 PM
    It wasn't on my cell phone menu.
    I found it on blackberry's website. Appworld link
    It was one of their recommended applications
    Click on view all recmmended and then there will
    be a link to have application emailed to your
    cell phone
    04-01-09 01:45 PM
    I think j7469 is right they might have made it to where we cann't download it! Or like some one else said they might have taken it off becuase it said free but then you had to pay for it when it was done downloading! I still want it so if any knows please help I went the web sire shazam and it told me to "get it from app world don't have app world then download it here" rofl
    04-01-09 01:46 PM
    I think j7469 is right they might have made it to where we cann't download it! Or like some one else said they might have taken it off becuase it said free but then you had to pay for it when it was done downloading! I still want it so if any knows please help I went the web sire shazam and it told me to "get it from app world don't have app world then download it here" rofl
    Ok that is not correct at all.

It is still there on my phone.
    You do not have to pay for it after it is downloaded.
    It is a trial until May 31 I think. And after the 60 days you can either pay to keep the feature-enhanced version or you can keep using it for free on a restricted basis.

I think thats how it works.
    04-01-09 01:54 PM
    Still I can't find the damn thing and it is makeing me mad that you all have it rofl and I don't!
    04-01-09 01:56 PM
    Yeah I have no idea how to find it if it isn't on your Top 25 Page. Still some kinks RIM needs to fix with the App World I think
    04-01-09 01:58 PM
    Ok that is not correct at all.

It is still there on my phone.
    You do not have to pay for it after it is downloaded.
    It is a trial until May 31 I think. And after the 60 days you can either pay to keep the feature-enhanced version or you can keep using it for free on a restricted basis.

I think thats how it works.
    So has anyone actually paid for the full version yet to see if the payment is made through App World so that RIM gets their cut or does the process circumvent App World's normal payment process?
    04-01-09 02:01 PM
    Go to categories (bottom left screen icon) then music and videos. you should see it there right at the top
    04-01-09 02:03 PM
    Go to categories (bottom left screen icon) then music and videos. you should see it there right at the top
    It is not there for me even though it is listed on the Top 25 Apps for me.
    04-01-09 02:05 PM
    It is not there for me even though it is listed on the Top 25 Apps for me.
    That is strange. I am looking at it right now on my Storm
    04-01-09 02:06 PM
    Nope, it's not there.
    04-01-09 02:08 PM
    Nope, it's not there.
    Oh, Maybe that's because App World is only available in the US and Canada right now that is why some are not seeing it. Are you clicking categories on the bottom left of your screen while in App World on you Storm and then music and videos?
    04-01-09 02:10 PM
    Get Shazam Here!
    Last edited by kram941; 04-01-09 at 03:00 PM.
    04-01-09 02:11 PM
    Nope, it's not there.
    I don't see it either - not there, top 25, or search. App store app doesn't seem to have settings to change (like setting browser to bb). Anyone find it and successfully download elsewhere?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 02:15 PM
    I posted a link where you are able to get it.
    04-01-09 02:15 PM
134 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD