The title says it all. I don't understand I was sure that they would roll out with the official os the same day as app world. Any word about the official os anywhere? And is anyone else surprised that they wouldn't release the two in the same day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 12:31 PM
    App store is a blackberry thing Official OS release are a Carrier thing thats why
    04-01-09 12:35 PM
    Because it's Verizon's call on when to release an OS, not RIM.

And it's RIM's call to release the App Store, and not Verizon.

It boggles the mind that people so readily confuse the two.
    04-01-09 12:35 PM
    Verizon has this thing, and RIM has Verizon by the balls because they provide the only competent hardware. I can't believe they want it official and are not releasing it. .113 must not be the official Os then

04-01-09 12:38 PM
    I know they are different but it is in best interest of both parties to have a phone that delivers and app world on 75 does not. If I know this is a bad business plan and all I have is a bs in business and not a mba like I'm sure many at verizon have they must know too. So the question is why

04-01-09 12:45 PM
    AppWorld isn't a Storm thing. It's for all BB's runnin OS 4.2 and higher. Why would you hold back App World for one device's OS upgrade?

Besides which, .75 is quite capable of utilizing App World.
    04-01-09 12:50 PM
    Finally, logical discussion! .113 has been a fail ever since vzw got the OS and couldn't forward mms

04-01-09 01:07 PM
    I wouldn't hold appworld back that is the last thing I would do. I would have released the os side by side with app world. 75 does not work well with appworld its eats away memory. I would think verizon would want to have the app world working as smooth as possible for future sales on the storm because it is a huge selling point.

04-01-09 01:07 PM
    If they only provide competent software, how in the world did they release the storm with .65?????

04-01-09 01:12 PM
    AppWorld isn't a Storm thing. It's for all BB's runnin OS 4.2 and higher. Why would you hold back App World for one device's OS upgrade?

This man uses logic.
    04-01-09 01:13 PM
    Look 113 failed too with problems rim had to make the perfect os then vzw will test and release

04-01-09 01:16 PM

+1 million. This answers the question. Move along.

Storm users need to stop thinking about just themselves and wake up.
    04-01-09 01:32 PM
    The question is how can they charge you for apps, but not state whether or not its compatible on your device.

Pay n pray.

04-01-09 02:21 PM
    RIM has to be concerned that .75 will give people a inferior experience with the App World.

I don't think it makes sense that such a thing as the App World could see a release and then at the same time not have a new OS to compliment it.
    04-01-09 03:42 PM
    Oo, pick me, I know the answer! They can release the App Store for the Storm with .75 as the official OS by.......uhh.......umm........releasing the App Store for the Storm with .75 as the official. Phew! That was a hard one.

Seriously though. Why would they limit the the App World software to any new OS when there are going to be so many people out there that never even do the upgrade to whatever the next official is going to be? Answer - They wouldn't. They want to make as much money as possible, so they need to make sure it'll run on every single device they have out in the market. Plain and simple.
    04-01-09 03:55 PM
    Because it's Verizon's call on when to release an OS, not RIM.

And it's RIM's call to release the App Store, and not Verizon.

It boggles the mind that people so readily confuse the two.

well excuse the rest of the world for not being as smart as you. maybe one day we all can sit around and do nothing but read blogs and slam people who dont know everything but ask so they can learn. what a great guy,boy or whatever you are.feel happy now that "you told him so"? d**khead
    04-01-09 04:02 PM
    If they only provide competent software, how in the world did they release the storm with .65?????

because VZW rushed it out for the holiday season. Purely a business decision for monetary reasons. They then hurried to get .75 which gratifies the vast majority of ppl with Storm's, ie, those who have no clue CB exists or does not visit here at all. Now they can take their merry time and release an Official OS whenever they choose to do so. Historically, they aren't the quickest to get upgrades OSs out. They take a long, hard look at the OSs they recieve and test them to death!
    04-01-09 04:03 PM
    Think of all the people who might buy apps that uses sound only to find out it doesnt work on .75 I bet vzw gets a lot of calls from people or RIM gets people calling them for selling them something that doesnt work, they should at least put what works on what phones, that is only common sense
    04-01-09 04:16 PM
    i installed appworld and its done nothing but bogg my phone down. dont think im keeping it. im on a 109 hybrid and as i siad its boggin my phone down bigtime. anyone else experiencing this? if so i could only imagine how bad its slowing up people on .75
    04-01-09 04:26 PM
    Oo, pick me, I know the answer! They can release the App Store for the Storm with .75 as the official OS by.......uhh.......umm........releasing the App Store for the Storm with .75 as the official. Phew! That was a hard one.

Seriously though. Why would they limit the the App World software to any new OS when there are going to be so many people out there that never even do the upgrade to whatever the next official is going to be? Answer - They wouldn't. They want to make as much money as possible, so they need to make sure it'll run on every single device they have out in the market. Plain and simple.
    We aren't talking about limiting the App World to a specific OS. Just that they know full well that the majority of Storm owners everywhere are using OS version .75.

You would think they would want to combine an app world release with a major OS upgrade available through their website or something.

App World runs flawlessly on .113.
    04-01-09 04:35 PM
    i installed appworld and its done nothing but bogg my phone down. dont think im keeping it. im on a 109 hybrid and as i siad its boggin my phone down bigtime. anyone else experiencing this? if so i could only imagine how bad its slowing up people on .75

As civic predicted: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...ml#post2142978
    04-01-09 04:38 PM
    I think that it was just a rumor in the first place that the new OS was going to be rolled out at the same time as app world.

Lots of wishful thinking, or perhaps just intentionally circulated erroneous information, methinks....
    Last edited by kb5zht; 04-01-09 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo
    04-01-09 05:28 PM
    well if .113 didn't fail, it could have been approved and rolled out about the same time as app world. but circumstances being what they are, prolly gonna be another few weeks at least, pending next OS is super badass, and doesn't fail. could test in as quick as a week. VZW doesn't have a new OS yet though...
    04-01-09 05:31 PM
    I'm just happy we have a app world. Why would anyone complain about getting this awesome feature

04-01-09 05:33 PM
    Yeah with all kinds of scrolling problems and not to mention it runs like a snail on the storm. Even thought it can run app world if you download to many times on the storm the it start running super slow cause of the memory leaks on .75. I mean who wants to do a daily battery pull to fix that issue. I think it is time for a new os release as well.
    04-01-09 05:40 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD