SO... I had CRANBERRY juice spilled on my Storm over the weekend. I didn't think Asurion would cover water/liquid damage... So I filled out the insurance form online Sunday, it went thru without a hitch.. got my NEW Storm yesterday (Tuesday)...

I guess Blackberry hasn't supplied their carriers with refurbished Storms yet, because they sent me a BRAND NEW Storm in the box, all accessories including ANOTHER 8 GB Micro SD card.. This made me very happy
    04-01-09 11:43 AM
    Yeah, half the fun of insurance is the liquid damage coverage.

I went to Verizon yesterday because I needed a warranty replacement and they gave me a new one right then and there and didn't make me order a refurb, so that was nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 11:47 AM
    Obviously Asurion will replace a damaged phone. They will send you another phone even if you tell them you lost your phone.
    04-01-09 12:25 PM
    and since you are paying for the service they give you a new phone... what would you do if you paid 5 dollars a mnth and a 50 dollar deductible and they sent you a refurb? i dont know about you, but id be mad
    04-01-09 01:06 PM
    and since you are paying for the service they give you a new phone... what would you do if you paid 5 dollars a mnth and a 50 dollar deductible and they sent you a refurb? i dont know about you, but id be mad
    apparently you've never dealt with asurion before. They will provide refurb units if they have them available. I am notorious for losing/breaking phones, but have been super careful with my Storm.

It took 4 of them to get a functional one, i don't want to risk a new or refurbed phone being a POS.
    04-01-09 01:12 PM
    apparently you've never dealt with asurion before. They will provide refurb units if they have them available. I am notorious for losing/breaking phones, but have been super careful with my Storm.

It took 4 of them to get a functional one, i don't want to risk a new or refurbed phone being a POS.
    actually i deal with them all the time and i get a new one every time... they will honor 2 claims per line in a calender year with a new phone after that i am not sure... i was on Verizon for years i just switched to AT&T a few weeks ago
    04-01-09 01:22 PM
    actually i deal with them all the time and i get a new one every time... they will honor 2 claims per line in a calender year with a new phone after that i am not sure... i was on Verizon for years i just switched to AT&T a few weeks ago
    then somehow you must have some secret password to get a new one every time. I've gotten a mixed bag of new vs refurbished. Their policy doesn't guarantee a new device. I am aware of the 2 claims per year though as i've maxed that out :P but again they were hit or miss as to whether they were new or not.

On a side note, they were not smartphones so that could be something to consider...
    04-01-09 01:30 PM
    What you get

Asurion may fulfill claims with new or refurbished equipment. In general, claims are fulfilled with the same make and model you claim. If this is not possible, a like-kind make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
    04-01-09 02:46 PM
    then somehow you must have some secret password to get a new one every time. I've gotten a mixed bag of new vs refurbished. Their policy doesn't guarantee a new device. I am aware of the 2 claims per year though as i've maxed that out :P but again they were hit or miss as to whether they were new or not.

On a side note, they were not smartphones so that could be something to consider...
    For real... I got a refurbished phone every time I've dealt with them except ONCE... and that was with an LG phone that was discontinued, so they sent me the newest version of that phone...

Every other time it was a refurb... And it always came in their little generic box without anything inside but the basics... I've never gotten a brand new in the original box phone until this time...
    04-01-09 04:35 PM
    Got my BlackBerry Pearl 8130 back in February of 2009, and then about a week ago, I went to a football game, which it was a downpour, and Blackberry apparently wasn't able to build a phone that was strong enough to get a little bit wet. (that got me angry), anyways, I called my $10 a month insurance company (Asurion) and they said that I had a 95 dollar deductible that I had to pay for out of my own pocket. Which I myself barely has any money to pay for my phone monthly anyways, I was very upset about this, and for that, I might be switching to sprint or something more reliable than Alltel and Asurion, which actually might do me some good. FOREWARNING ANYONE WHO GETS AN ALLTEL BLACKBERRY, you WILL get ripped off no matter what, and you will not get a replacement phone for free because Blackberry can't build a phone strong enough to go against any water! Very upset about this.
    09-24-09 08:30 AM
    since alltel is part of verizon now, may wanna check on that cause with a Verizon plan its only $5 a month and $50 deductible
    09-24-09 08:49 AM
    Got my BlackBerry Pearl 8130 back in February of 2009, and then about a week ago, I went to a football game, which it was a downpour, and Blackberry apparently wasn't able to build a phone that was strong enough to get a little bit wet. (that got me angry), anyways, I called my $10 a month insurance company (Asurion) and they said that I had a 95 dollar deductible that I had to pay for out of my own pocket. Which I myself barely has any money to pay for my phone monthly anyways, I was very upset about this, and for that, I might be switching to sprint or something more reliable than Alltel and Asurion, which actually might do me some good. FOREWARNING ANYONE WHO GETS AN ALLTEL BLACKBERRY, you WILL get ripped off no matter what, and you will not get a replacement phone for free because Blackberry can't build a phone strong enough to go against any water! Very upset about this.
    Its an electronic device. It was not meant to get wet. I don't believe too many people get a "free" Blackberry after breaking theirs.
    09-24-09 09:03 AM
    since alltel is part of verizon now, may wanna check on that cause with a Verizon plan its only $5 a month and $50 deductible
    Not anymore. With all PDA's, Smartphones, and BB's it is now $7.99/mo with a $89 deductable. I do believe you are grandfathered in to the old rate if you had the insurance on before the changes were made.
    09-24-09 09:09 AM
    Not anymore. With all PDA's, Smartphones, and BB's it is now $7.99/mo with a $89 deductable. I do believe you are grandfathered in to the old rate if you had the insurance on before the changes were made.
    damn, remind me to never remove that from my plan
    09-24-09 09:10 AM
    My mom had recently dropped her motorola phone and I called Asurion. They were really quick to have it replaced, but as my mom went to the store they gave her the Asurion brochure. I checked it out the deductible is $50.00 for a non smartphone and I don't remember the exact amount but $85-90 deductible for a smartphone. Cute that they don't have this in bigger writing cause I also would have thought the deductible was $50.00. Assurion rapes you but then again they replaced my mom's phone with a brand new phone which I know is a flip of the coin and they let her keep her old charger and memory card. Just think of how much it would cost to replace a BB at full price.
    09-24-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD