For the Storm, can someone help me figure out how to put all of my third party applications on my media card or device memory in a way that doesn't bring down my application memory. I can't download anymore applications because it says there isn't enough memory. My application Memory Free is currently 0. My device memory free is 874.5 MB and my Media Card Free space is 7.2GB. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks
    04-01-09 08:14 AM
    Can't be done... Maybe some day in the future, but right now ALL apps have to reside in the same memory space as the OS.
    04-01-09 08:30 AM
    thats one thing i can say about my omnia (still don't know if i want to keep it). i can install apps anywhere i want and yes..even to my sd card.
    04-01-09 09:42 AM
    I was wondering the same thing... What is the point of the device memory? Does anyone know what is stored on it?
    04-05-09 08:21 PM
    pictures,music and docs, just like the media card. not sure what else, but no apps
    04-05-09 09:12 PM
    Seems that they are hurting themselves by limiting the amount of applications we can have. I can't buy anymore apps if I don't have the space. Anyone know if the next OS Upgrade (the official one that is supposed to be coming out) will fix this or not?
    04-13-09 01:28 PM
    Seems that they are hurting themselves by limiting the amount of applications we can have. I can't buy anymore apps if I don't have the space. Anyone know if the next OS Upgrade (the official one that is supposed to be coming out) will fix this or not?
    Believe me, that idea is probably very much present in the minds of people at RIM. But as to whether or not it will ever change... Anyone who might know is gagged by an NDA.
    04-13-09 01:34 PM
    If it is possible to allow the applicaitons to hit the memory card then you would have to assume they will make that happen at some point. If not, maybe even a program that they can charge for to allow the applications to be compressed and/or moved to the memory card. Regardless it still baffles me that they didn't think of this ahead of time or if they did why they didn't make it work on the first release. Any educated guesses as to when Verizon will FINALLY release their new OS?
    04-14-09 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD