Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I tried doing a battery pull and setting application permissions in Options all to 'Allow'. None of this seemed to work. Can't find anyone else having this problem in the forum. Please help
    04-01-09 07:45 AM
    I am having the same issue budddy .
    My carrier is BEll in Canada, Yours ? I think it has to do with Carrer BUT , I am trying to install app world on deesktop and getting the error as well
    Error

An unspecified error has occurred.

Dont know , but really want it to be fix,,
    Guys please help if there is a solution
    04-01-09 08:19 AM
    I am having the same issue as well. My carrier is verizon. I cant seem to find a solution anywhere.
    04-01-09 08:20 AM
    Same here. It happened right after I accepted the TOS. I'm on verizon running .109.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 08:23 AM
    I am with verizon running .75. Alos sometime it will just keep saying "Loading" and then eventually will get a message that says it timed out...

I tried reiinstalling as well and did not fix the problem whatsoever
    04-01-09 08:30 AM
    I got the same error the first try then it worked right after.
    04-01-09 08:31 AM
    Same here, did a battery reset, and a reinstall on the app.

CDMA gets the shaft again i see...
    04-01-09 08:43 AM
    This is crap for a device that is proving to be a waste of money. I am running 113 can't download the app center. First it told me I did not have the correct application then it told me my device does not meet the requirements. I think this piece of junk is leaving no choice, I am getting the crappy iphone.

04-01-09 08:55 AM
    I have the same problem with Appworld.
    Another thing, possibly related, I could never get Google Sync to connect.
    Possibly some network connection setting?
    04-01-09 08:57 AM
    I'm having the same thing on my 8330 - Sprint

Everything else works just fine.
    04-01-09 09:02 AM
    Installed OK but unending "Failed to transmit" error here too - even after a battery pull and setting all permissions to "Allow"; all other data services working fine: Bell Canada - Storm - BIS -.76
    04-01-09 09:17 AM
    Could just be server overload on day 1? I got a couple of errors, kept trying and it eventually took.
    04-01-09 09:21 AM
    Tried downloading it didnt work, does the app world work with telus anyone know ???
    04-01-09 09:22 AM
    There is a guy that I work with that has the same phone and same carrier, I watched him download it standing right next to me and his worked perfectly first try, mine "failed to transmit". Doesn't make any sense. I compared some settings with him and most of them were the same. Any ideas on settings to change?
    04-01-09 11:16 AM
    Just spoke with Bell Canada Tech Support. Of four identical Storm units in their test centre, one was able to connect to App World, three were getting nothing but the "Failed to transmit" error. Hmmmm....
    04-01-09 11:39 AM
    Yeah if I had time I would call verizon about it, but won't have time til later today, hopefully by then it will be fixed
    04-01-09 11:53 AM
    Don't bother calling Verizon. I managed to get this up to a tier two tech before they shut me down. They are taking the position that it's a Blackberry problem.
    04-01-09 01:35 PM
    I have the same problem. I called AT&T and they connected me with RIM/Blackberry. After an hour on the phone and multiple deletes and installs, Appworld continues to say "Failed to transmit" RIM said they would have to do more "research" and call me back tomorrow because they have no idea what's going on. Geesh.
    04-01-09 06:41 PM
    Instantly resolved incessant Failed to transmit errors, with no other apparent ill effects! From Blackberry Support Community Forums (in turn supposedly from crackberry forums):

=========================
    Temporary FIX!!!!!

I remembered this when it came to Slacker first coming out...

If you go into service books and delete Desktop [IPPP], then try App world again it will work!

For those of you who don't know go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Books, its its in there, good luck and happy surfing!

I set up BES again and was no longer able to use the app world, doing this fix allowed it to work again.
    ===================
    04-01-09 08:56 PM
    On ATT does not work, can load everything but when i goto download says no internet connection when i select download...i also work tier 2 tech for ATT, and it is a blackberry issue, nothing to do carrier wise
    04-01-09 10:17 PM
    Are You trying to say that, IF BES works Appworld Doesnt and ,if app wprld works , BEs doesnt ?

If i delete Ippp, and BEs stop working,,will bes work again if i send the service book again to phone
    04-01-09 10:42 PM
    Thanks Double D
    AFter i read ur solution , i was concerned if i delete it, will it mess up BES,, alot of search and Found out THAT IT IS SECURE TO DELETE Desktioop IPPP.
    My BEs works fine and app world works fine, THanks ,,
    04-01-09 10:59 PM
    That Desktop IPPP deletion trick fixed it.
    04-02-09 11:02 AM
    I deleted the IPPP one for UNITE and it stated working. Thanks!

04-02-09 07:39 PM
    Did anyone ever figure this out?
    04-24-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD