I have had the storm since its initial release, have been through 4 different storms and multiple OS's whether official, beta, or hybrid. Ive come to the conclusion that I am going to wait until May/June when either the Pre or the Niagara are released and I will say goodbye to the storm. Its not because the phone doesnt have "flick" scrolling or native full screen caller ID or "threaded" SMS, its because in my experiences with the Storm it failed at executing normal phone operations consistently.

In the past few months I have been preparing for a promotion within my company that forces me to relocate to another city. During this time frame I have experienced ..

* 3 dropped calls during one phone interview (out of state call) in which I was standing still in an area with great coverage.
    * Phone freezing anda rebooting while my son had a 102 degree fever and I tried contacting his doctor while on the road.
    * Waking up one morning late on the day of a panel interview in another city in which the alarm did not go off because somehow the phone completely drained the battery while plugged into the charger overnight.
    * Counted 6 dropped calls while on a business call driving from San Diego to Los Angeles where my BB 8700 only had 1 at the most.

And the list goes on..

I understand that many Storm users are hoping for a completely revitalized OS which would be the answer to many issues plaguing the Storm, and I sincerely hope that such an OS is in fact released and that it really ISNT the .113 version that has already been leaked. But after being burnt so many times by this device and relying so heavily on it for my business and personal life, I dont think a golden code will rekindle the flames for me. Its like a girlfriend that does you dirty and then years down the line you run into her again and she seems like a completely different person and you really want to give her a chance because shes just as hot as before except more mature, but you've been so burnt from past memories that you can never really truly love her again, so instead you decide to stick to the less attractive but more promising and reliable new girlfriend (Pre or Niagara).

Anyways, we'll see what happens when these new devices drop.
    03-31-09 09:53 PM
    No problems like that here. Sticking with my Storm
    03-31-09 10:07 PM
    It hasn't even crossed my mind.
    03-31-09 10:38 PM
    Get a Curve !!
    Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 10:40 PM
    I'll get a new BB when one's released on VZW but I'll have my Storm for some time to come. Not without it's bugs but I believe that's the case with a lot of 'next' devices. For me it comes down to having two phones. I use my curve for business (speaking with clients, vendors conference calls etc) as it is tried and true and wasn't trying to be next level whereas I use my Storm for personal (calls from my daughter, wife friends internet browsing & music etc) that way when it freezes and what not I don't trip. Have you thought of doing a family share plan so that you get to dink around with newest/coolest devices and have a seperate device for biz? Not a solution for everyone but works for me. I was paying 79.99 (just plan minutes) for 1350 minutes and 89.99 for 1400 shared. Plus I have another line accruing upgrade eligibility time for when the new devices do roll out. Just a thought and sorry to hear about the trouble :-(
    03-31-09 10:49 PM
    I am with you bro. I am sick and tired of it all. I am going to install .113 and see how that improves functionality. If that doesn't work off to Verizon i go tomorrow to downgrade to a Curve.
    03-31-09 10:56 PM
    Im not happy with the way the storm is running. When my contract runs out im either jumping ship or getting a new phone before its over.
    03-31-09 11:01 PM
    Heck no!!!
    03-31-09 11:03 PM
    You just got some back luck.
    03-31-09 11:06 PM
    Bad***********
    03-31-09 11:07 PM
    Dropped calls on .109 on is commonplace, there is a reason it was not released.
    The Storm is junk, I wish Verizon offered the Bold, the LG Vu would be an upgrade from the Storm.
    03-31-09 11:39 PM
    Might replace the Storm with the dreaded itoy myself.
    03-31-09 11:54 PM
    Wow what would life be like without phones these days?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 12:12 AM
    I would probably "downgrade" to a curve if it didn't cost so much to purchase one at retail price. So I guess I'm sticking with this until Niagara comes out..
    04-01-09 12:19 AM
    I got my storm march 11th, put .109 on it march 12th cuz of how bad .75 sucked and havent had a problem since. In fact that was for both mine and my fiances storm. Never had a problem, It locked up once cuz i thought the voice dialing button was the camera and hit the actual camera button while voice dialing was loading so yah my bad.....

I dont understand all the issues..there are def defective units just like with every piece of hardware but come on anyone think users error? These things should come with a advisory that the user must be at least 2% smarter than the equipment provided. Just saying 80% of us love our storms the other 20% need a Motorola razor and a bib to soak up the drool.
    04-01-09 12:27 AM
    after downloading .109 and now .113 my storm's been working much better. even so, i like the qwerty keyboard feel and find it somewhat hard to type on it even though i'm used to it so i'll probably be switching to the niagara once it's released
    04-01-09 12:56 AM
    Not as of now, no.

Either get a phone right now that satisfies your needs or grit it out. I understand getting a new phone after the 30 day trial period would reset the contract, but I also have no idea why anyone would stick with a phone that makes them unhappy.
    04-01-09 12:58 AM
    My fu1king phone started ringing in the middle of my midterm when it was one vibrate.
    04-01-09 01:02 AM
    I felt the same way about my Storm, but an install of BBCRACKMAN's .114 Hybrid changed my mind. I hated the phone, now I love it. I'd suggest at least giving it a try. The latest .114 Hybrid from BBCRACKMAN is v3 (version3) & it's great! Check it out. Hope it helps you out.
    04-01-09 01:07 AM
    I'm considering switching. I'm really trying hard to love my phone but I starting to think that this should not have to be a chore. I want a phone that I can rely on that I don't have to constantly tweak in order for it to run efficiently.

My girlfriend has a 8330 lying around, the only problem is that it is pink. I don't know if I can rock a pink Curve although I am strongly considering it. I really don't want to pay full retail price for a new berry. If I were to downgrade I would consider the 8830. I don't know why but after the storm it's simplicity and its ability to just work appeals to me.

I really don't want to wait for the Niagra to come out and I'm sure I won't be able to afford it anyway at full retail price.

Still trying to decide what I'm going to do. I'm going to sleep on it but any advice on switching from the Storm to the 8330 or the 8830 would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    04-01-09 01:21 AM
    I still have my launch day Storm and that I can remember, I've only had 1 dropped call since then. In the earlier versions of the OS I had random reboots here and there and the VSOD was annoying, but since upgrading to a leaked OS (currently on 114v3) everything has been running quite well. It all depends on what your expectations are. If you are looking for a Jesus phone, then your expectations are probably way to high for the Storm and of course it's going to let you down all the time...
    04-01-09 01:22 AM
    I refuse to go to an itoy - mainly because I will never ever ever ever go with AT&T.
    Cingular (which has now merged with AT&T) ran a commercial during the 2001 (or was it 2002?) Super Bowl that had an amazing savant artist that they used to sell their service. He could barely speak - the commercial had sub tittles - and he was never mentioned by name. However, a lot of his work was shown, and he told the camera about why he painted, and what he believed.
    I refuse to ever give money to a company that would use someone like him to sell their product of providing CELL PHONE service.

Having said that, I am looking forward to the release of the Pre. Of course, having suffered from the glitz and glitter of the Storm release (that's on me - I hope I have learned my lesson), I will be playing with it for a few hours, if not a few days, in the store before purchasing it. But, unless something truly amazing is released as far as an update to the OS, I will be switching.
    I have become jaded
    04-01-09 01:28 AM
    I'm considering switching. I'm really trying hard to love my phone but I starting to think that this should not have to be a chore. I want a phone that I can rely on that I don't have to constantly tweak in order for it to run efficiently.

My girlfriend has a 8330 lying around, the only problem is that it is pink. I don't know if I can rock a pink Curve although I am strongly considering it. I really don't want to pay full retail price for a new berry. If I were to downgrade I would consider the 8830. I don't know why but after the storm it's simplicity and its ability to just work appeals to me.

I really don't want to wait for the Niagra to come out and I'm sure I won't be able to afford it anyway at full retail price.

Still trying to decide what I'm going to do. I'm going to sleep on it but any advice on switching from the Storm to the 8330 or the 8830 would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Sell the Storm use the cash to get the N. By the time the N comes out and the Storm is still how it is, its gonna be worth about 50 bucks though.
    04-01-09 01:32 AM
    Nope. Love the storm even though it's still buggy.
    04-01-09 01:38 AM
    Let me first say that I used to be a good sport about the whole thing. But now, I am turning toward the ladder. I have hoped that everything would be fixed and we would enjoy having a Storm. I love the idea of the Storm, it is just the execution is poor. I know this is what a lot of us think. I tried to think positive, but we payed good hard earned money to have a phone that was suppost to deliver, and has yet to. I have to say that the Storm is a night and day difference from my old phone but it seems that everyday its something else that goes wrong with it. I know some of you have no problems, but just read a few posts anywhere, its not just a few with problems. I hope that if and when that there is a update that they do it right this time. Thanks, Brian
    04-01-09 10:40 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD