I just got an 8830 no less than a week ago. Today my phone started deleting all my sms text messages and call logs. It has deleted them 4 different times today!
    I'll receive a few texts and phone calls, then an hour later it shows that i haven't made any phone calls or received or sent any texts.

Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!
    02-19-08 10:56 PM
    I a have strong feeling this is most likely a memory issue. Please go to Options > Status > and report back what your File Free is.
    02-19-08 11:08 PM
    Thanks for the message.
    File Free: 15495289
    File Total: 47841280

I thought that if I was running low on memory it would just erase the old messages and call logs, not all of them completely...

Thanks for helping out!
    02-19-08 11:39 PM
    Well according to your file total you have about 15mb of free memory. So this would rule out the device being low on memory. Unfortunately this is some what bad news. This makes the problem more difficult to diagnose.

Have you recently installed any themes or applications? Just to double check on something, are you storing a lot of ringtones or pictures on your phone? Is your phone connected to your company's BES? Is there something in the last 24 hours that you can think of that could have led to this?
    02-19-08 11:43 PM
    I have installed Sprint Navigation, Viigo (which is sweet by the way), the Facebook app, and Opera Mini. I also put a link to ESPN on my app page.

I haven't stored any themes, ringtones, pics, or anything of the sort on the blackberry.

I don't mean to add to the list of problems, but maybe this has something to do with it... I don't receive all my e-mails on the phone either (i have a msu.edu account which goes through MS Outlook 2007), and the facebook app doesn't notify me of all the new alerts (wall posts, messages, etc) like i was told it would.
    02-19-08 11:49 PM
    Oh yeah, and its a personal phone, not from a company. And the only thing I did in the last 24 hours was download Viigo, and attempt to establish a blue tooth connection btw my phone and my laptop (which failed for some reason, said i needed the driver software).

Wow, loads of problems I have...
    02-19-08 11:53 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet? Take the battery out, wait for a few seconds, then put the battery back in. I can't think of anything else to try that would solve this problem.

Do you have Desktop Manager installed? That may correct your BT driver issue.
    02-19-08 11:54 PM
    Yes and yes...maybe i should contact Sprint. What do you think?

I got blue tooth working though!
    02-20-08 12:04 AM
    Worth a shot unless anyone else here has an idea.
    02-20-08 12:16 AM
    its a known software issue for blackberry right now and the software is on its way, for the mean time try giving your bb a soft reset..............
    02-22-08 03:13 AM
    There is 64mb of memory in a bb therefore your file total should be similar to mine which is 65142784. Could someone confirm that this is correct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 04:59 AM
    i have had my 8830 Verizon for almost a year now and it has erased those items (3) separate times since I got it. I am very annoyed when it happens and nobody at Verizon has heard of this...
    02-23-08 06:52 PM
    Nobody's heard of it??? That's bull. It's definitely a memory issue and it can easily be fixed. Just because it shows 15Mb doesn't mean it can't run low and delete your data.

Losing Call logs and emails
    02-23-08 07:01 PM
    Wow, I've experienced the same problem with my BB where I'll have 25mb one minute and then absolutely 0 the next!!! I'm on my 3rd BB right now with Sprint because this issue among others cannot be resolved... Good Luck Weizmanz
    02-23-08 10:50 PM
    I've had that happen when using BBMessenger a lot or TeleNav. Also, this can happen if you use the Application Switcher 25 times or more.
    02-23-08 10:52 PM
    I got my 8830WE Friday and by Saturday afternoon it was deleting my text and call log. I called Alltel customer service and they said it was not common in the 8830 but they are aware of it and Blackberry is working on a patch for it. Apparently it's more common in the Pearl. Since it was only 24 hours old they replaced it on the spot.
    02-24-08 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD