As I indicated in other threads by me and some people have reported that this indeed fixes the issue.

Downgrade back to .75. Test to make sure MMS works. Then upgrade DIRECTLY TO .113.

DON'T WIPE THE PHONE WHEN YOU UPGRADE FROM .75 TO .113. Just upgrade.

Let us all know if this works for you. Out of 3 people who've tried this, it seems to have worked for them. Your milage may vary, but it's promissing.
    03-30-09 09:05 PM
    I will certainly try this tomorrow. Lol. Then wonder why in the world it worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 09:11 PM
    I'll tell ya later.
    03-30-09 09:13 PM
    I will certainly try this tomorrow. Lol. Then wonder why in the world it worked.

I'm curious too. Not because I have any issues with MMS (or anything really).

I've seen Civic mention part of what she suspects (whats a .sfi file?). My question is if it could also affect anything else. Or if another file, bad during the upgrade, could cause some of the wildly varying experiences in other features
    03-30-09 09:14 PM
    With a name that had CIVIC in it, I knew it HAD to be a girl The Girls around here like Civics in NJ lol. Hondas for that matter. Im a Nissan guy myself

And if this works, It might be worth it. Considering it will be the next official, so some have come to think. But im running .114 with MMS and Keyboard .cod files replaced. And it works awesome. Dont know if I would actually attempt this.
    03-30-09 09:17 PM
    To add to this Civic...I forgot to respond to you PM forgive me. I did the same for my video errors and music volume issues and it worked for both...at least so far. You go gurl!
    03-30-09 09:31 PM
    So for some reason its seeming almost like a bad idea to do a wipe.

03-30-09 09:35 PM
    So for some reason its seeming almost like a bad idea to do a wipe.

It's not the wipe that's behind this developed problem.
    03-30-09 09:37 PM
    What do you mean I wise one

03-30-09 09:38 PM
    Apperently.... I AM THE ISHT!

Oh yeah, thanks for PMing me back on that Mr. Dilligent.

I really hope this works for everyone... we'll have to keep waiting for people to do this and see, but so far... 4 for 4 by my count.
    I try

03-30-09 10:26 PM
    As I posted on the other thread works for me. I promise not give out the secret
    03-30-09 10:30 PM
    Too late to dive into downgrading and upgrading my phone tonight. Will get on it tomorrow around lunchtime...
    03-30-09 10:35 PM
    I developed the MMS problem after bouncing between .114 Hybrid and straight .113. I followed this post and MMS is indeed restored. I wiped, installed official .75, then upgraded to .113 on top of .75 without wipe.
    03-30-09 10:55 PM
    Question for you Civic. Since this seems to fix MMS for 113, what do you think would happen if you were running one of the 114 hybrids downgraded to 75 and the upgraded directly back to the 114 hybrid? Do you think it would fix the MMS issue. Curious to know your thoughts.

As I indicated in other threads by me and some people have reported that this indeed fixes the issue.

Downgrade back to .75. Test to make sure MMS works. Then upgrade DIRECTLY TO .113.

DON'T WIPE THE PHONE WHEN YOU UPGRADE FROM .75 TO .113. Just upgrade.

Let us all know if this works for you. Out of 3 people who've tried this, it seems to have worked for them. Your milage may vary, but it's promissing.
    03-30-09 11:00 PM
    I don't endorse Hybrid OSs.
    03-30-09 11:11 PM
    How about wiping before going down to .75? Good, necessary, bad, doesn't matter?
    When will you tell us the secret as to why it works?

03-30-09 11:14 PM
    Very nice find Civic. This would definitely then justify Verizon making this an official release. If this is true, which coming from you, I have no doubt it is, I must recant most of my arguments opposing its official release.
    03-30-09 11:43 PM
    I've learned that they are a bad idea, for me anyway, since my last go around with them. It really did something outrageous to my Storm that I had to go through torture to get rectified.

I'm one of the people who have tried this and confirm that it works. Another thing, and I don't know if this is true for everyone, but my color is also completely intact as well.

It only didn't work on one Storm and that was my brother's wife's phone. I believe that in order for this to work, there can be no previous evidence of any other OS other than .65 and .75 being installed on your Storm.

So a complete wipe of your Storm, then an upgrade to .75 and then an upgrade to .113 with no wipe should do the trick.
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 03-31-09 at 12:08 AM.
    03-31-09 12:06 AM
    So Civic, what's the secret?
    03-31-09 12:11 AM
    So there is some data purposely left behind when updating to a new OS isn't there O_o. Thats why all the beta testers didn't have a fully functional OS when they only wiped.
    03-31-09 12:12 AM
    i just did this and it also worked for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can now mms!!!!!!!!!!
    03-31-09 12:15 AM
    So there is some data purposely left behind when updating to a new OS isn't there O_o. Thats why all the beta testers didn't have a fully functional OS when they only wiped.
    Yep, stuff is absolutely being left behind. There can be zero doubt about it now.

My color is also perfect. I assume since people first spotted the color issue it kept applying itself to OS versions afterwards.

For all we know, a lot of those OS versions might not have really had the color issue we thought they had. Probably only one of them is the culprit.
    03-31-09 12:18 AM
    Civic, is there any thought that this might fix the MMS bug on OS's on the other +.86 OS builds using the same process?
    03-31-09 12:29 AM
    Yep, stuff is absolutely being left behind. There can be zero doubt about it now.

My color is also perfect. I assume since people first spotted the color issue it kept applying itself to OS versions afterwards.

For all we know, a lot of those OS versions might not have really had the color issue we thought they had. Probably only one of them is the culprit.
    So if I am reading this right upgrading just got 2 more steps. Why would the updates leave stuff behind. Obviously all the people that have been saying there was no real reason to wipe are obviously wrong. Also, that I think about it when I first joined Crucial said a wipe wasn't necessary but after 5 or 6 installs a wipe would probably be beneficial. Strange.
    03-31-09 12:37 AM
    That's nice but didn't address my question. I was asking your thoughts irrespective of what you think of hybrids.
    03-31-09 12:40 AM
328 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD