DIRECTV: Powerful New DIRECTV App for iPhone or iPod touch

Anyone else out there that would like to see this or similar on the storm? Looks awesome and I know I would love it.
    03-30-09 09:01 PM
    Don't really need the "app". Bookmark this link....

DVR Scheduler
    03-30-09 09:12 PM

Anyone else out there that would like to see this or similar on the storm? Looks awesome and I know I would love it.
    I'd like to see a BB specific app as well. The web scheduler does the task but but it'd be nice to have a 'slicker' interface.
    03-30-09 09:51 PM
    I'd like to see a BB specific app as well. The web scheduler does the task but but it'd be nice to have a 'slicker' interface.
    agreed........
    03-31-09 11:19 AM
    agreed........
    x2 I use this service often.
    03-31-09 01:56 PM

for iphone or touch... what does this have to do with blackberry? maybe put this in the right thread, dude
    03-31-09 02:05 PM
    I have the launcher. Works just fine for me and doesn't take much memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 03:05 PM
    I have the launcher. Works just fine for me and doesn't take much memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here. Sup Mike.
    03-31-09 03:48 PM
    This is why I am hoping Slingbox gets their mobile app for the Storm soon. Not just to watch TV (which I never did much when I had it on my Treo), but it was great to schedule/cancel shows on my DVR.
    03-31-09 04:19 PM
    Don't really need the "app". Bookmark this link....

DVR Scheduler
    Coming from someone who hasn't used the iPhone/iPod version. It is night and day between the mobile site and the app. The app is even easier to use than going to DirecTV's website. I love my Storm (now that I am on .113), but we need more apps like this!!!!
    03-31-09 04:34 PM
    I just traded emails with the Dev Team at DirecTV and they said,

"We are considering a similar experience on the Blackberry but do not have any set plans at this time."

I wrote them back and told them that with BB AppWorld up and running, now is a great time to get it done.
    04-14-09 03:12 PM
    Is there going to be a Dish Network app coming soon?
    04-14-09 03:18 PM
    Man, when I read the thread subject I got so excited. I OP was saying the app was just added for BB. Oh well, I'll subscribe to this thread and keep checking back...
    04-14-09 03:32 PM
    If only they would make an app that would access your directtv2pc app over the net, that would be sweet.
    04-14-09 06:59 PM
    I just traded emails with the Dev Team at DirecTV and they said,

"We are considering a similar experience on the Blackberry but do not have any set plans at this time."

I wrote them back and told them that with BB AppWorld up and running, now is a great time to get it done.
    In other words...if not never, then a really long time from now.
    04-15-09 12:50 AM
    Are you guys that lazy that you can't set your DVRs at home? >.< I hate those commercials, where the guy is setting his DVR during a bank robbery. COME ON, people.

Why not create something useful? How about an AM/FM tuner? Or better yet, a remote starter for my car?! Or a Fallout 3 'Stimpak' to heal me when I'm hurt!

Seriously.
    04-16-09 09:22 AM
    Are you guys that lazy that you can't set your DVRs at home? >.< I hate those commercials, where the guy is setting his DVR during a bank robbery. COME ON, people.

Why not create something useful? How about an AM/FM tuner? Or better yet, a remote starter for my car?! Or a Fallout 3 'Stimpak' to heal me when I'm hurt!

Seriously.
    Seriously??!?! You've NEVER been out with the wife/girlfriend/friends and realized that you weren't going to make it home in time to record a sporting event or show that you want to watch?

No? Well aren't you special... now go away

PS - Sign me up for that 'Stimpak' app if it ever comes out! lol
    04-16-09 09:55 AM

Seriously.

Maybe you should work on some of those apps you mentioned instead of wasting time posting on app threads you don't need or care about.

Its not lazy, you either forget to record something, don't know something is on until you are away from home and won't be there in time to record or see it, or you are out later or have to stay at work longer than you expected and are going to miss something you planned to watch live. Its obviously much easier and faster to use the DVR, so its only in situations where you need to record something when you weren't planning to.

The mobile site is already very useful and an app would be even better.

(Terrible thread title btw to the original poster. Thanks for getting me excited only to ask a question.)
    04-16-09 11:29 AM
    I think having an App would work great for the Storm, going over the web through the browser is rather slow, and I dont really like the set up, but what they have for the IPod looks interesting adn would be a good adaption for those of us DirecTv owners who also own a Storm and DVR a lot of shows.
    04-17-09 01:11 AM
    I agree the app would be nice until then the other will do!
    04-17-09 06:31 AM

Seriously.
    What an insanely dumb comment. I'm at my parents on Easter and Tiger's making a charge in the Masters, but I have an hour ride home and am ready to leave. Would have been nice then hmmm?
    04-18-09 12:09 PM

Seriously.
    I love this part: Or better yet, a remote starter for my car?!

Really? You consider a remote starter for your car useful, but a remote programmer for your DVR lazy? You can't possibly be this strange, can you?
    06-10-09 08:28 AM
    Wow, I haven't visited this site in some time now, and I remember why. It's because of all the negativity here (not everyone though).

I agree that this would be a very useful app, but not at the $15-16 price for the iPhone app. I'd consider it at 1/2 that price, for sure.

For those of you who don't have anything constructive to add to this thread, feel free to read and not post. Nobody cares what you have to say.
    07-01-09 06:28 PM
    Wow, I haven't visited this site in some time now, and I remember why. It's because of all the negativity here (not everyone though).

I agree that this would be a very useful app, but not at the $15-16 price for the iPhone app. I'd consider it at 1/2 that price, for sure.

For those of you who don't have anything constructive to add to this thread, feel free to read and not post. Nobody cares what you have to say.
    The iPhone app for DirecTV is a free app so I would hope that a Blackberry version would also be free.
    07-01-09 06:54 PM

I like reading positive, useful posts! Thanks!!
    07-02-09 12:37 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD