I basically hate all of the sample Ringtones/Alarm tones for my phone and want to wake up to something more pleasant, like my own music. I've tried to browse from the Alarm app, but it hangs for about 5 minutes and I end up with an error (because it's trying to read 7.5g from my memory card). I just loaded BBFileScout to delete the samples and copy a few .mp3 files, but I'm unable to delete any of the sample tones without getting a "Controlled Access Exception." Any ideas?
    Last edited by juicebox; 03-30-09 at 12:57 PM.
    03-30-09 12:54 PM
    I don't think you can delete the sample ringtones.
    03-30-09 01:12 PM
    I've seen on here through searching that other people have done it with BBFileScout, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something?
    03-30-09 01:25 PM
    Search. Not using BBFileScout, but this looks like one solution:http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...3/#post1791330

It says media which I'm assuming includes the built in ringtones.
    03-30-09 01:41 PM
    Searched some more and there are a lot of posts about not deleting the built in ringtones since other parts of the OS may use them, and they don't use that much memory.
    03-30-09 01:44 PM
    It is possible be editing the OS on your computer but I wouldnt delete it either. Its not that big.
    03-30-09 02:03 PM
    Thanks wnm, I'll rethink it. I didn't want to delete all of them, just the larger ones. I guess it's just frustrating that I can't delete files that I know I won't ever use.
    03-30-09 02:34 PM
    I'm with you. I'd like to strip out all the excess cr@p, but sometimes it's not possible.
    03-30-09 02:38 PM
    I am having the same problem as you juicebox. I downloaded BBFile Scout and it will not let me view any hidden files. I too read other posts on these forums that allowed the users to delete the sample ringtones. It must be a Curve issue.
    04-08-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD