Glad to hear about the announcement of this new blackberry, as always i am very excited...but... VZW screws it up again with no Wi-Fi. Such a small feature to insert, would have my business instead of 2 AT&T lines. I have both the Bold and iPhone and was happily awaiting this device simply because the storm, lets face it, was a huge bust and is a terrible device let alone the lack of wi-fi, But that's for another discussion. Verizon's network isn't that good that it does not need wi-fi, when im in the basement of my house the network doesn't have much service and the wi-fi would be key and this a DEALBREAKER. Verizon needs to get smart and stop with the bull.
    03-29-09 09:57 PM
    WOW!!! Is it really that serious? Verizon is gonna be Verizon and for ppl who don't like it, oh well. Like the other person stated, there are places to vent about this. OP, you don't give a rats *** but you sure got upset rather quickly! Over NOTHING! Everyone has a right to an opinion, and just like you wasted your time posting, the next person wasted theirs responding, then the next, then me.... See its all just a vicious cycle! OH- and for the record, I'm on Verizon's network and I don't need wifi.
    I'm just sayin.... Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 10:44 PM
    WOW!!! Is it really that serious? Verizon is gonna be Verizon and for ppl who don't like it, oh well. Like the other person stated, there are places to vent about this. OP, you don't give a rats *** but you sure got upset rather quickly! Over NOTHING! Everyone has a right to an opinion, and just like you wasted your time posting, the next person wasted theirs responding, then the next, then me.... See its all just a vicious cycle! OH- and for the record, I'm on Verizon's network and I don't need wifi.
    I'm just sayin.... Lol

I swallowed my Pepsi JUST in time. Too funny!!
    03-29-09 10:47 PM
    Why would you be disappointed? Your not even a VZW customer. That would be kinda like me being disappointed in YOUR wife!
    03-29-09 10:50 PM
    Why would you be disappointed? Your not even a VZW customer. That would be kinda like me being disappointed in YOUR wife!
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular............maybe he just forgot to change that in his profile.
    LMAO @ your post. I'm thinking the OP had no idea how funny this would become.
    03-29-09 11:02 PM
    WOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAA

storm FTW
    03-29-09 11:03 PM
    I have my curve with VZW, I have used them for years. I have tried other
    carriers and prefer the coverage and customer service I get with Verizon.
    I have to say I much prefer paying for my data and knowing I will always
    have service. It's all about what is important to you.
    Verizon has more customers then any other provider. They are doing
    something right.
    Oh and no, the storm is not for everyone, touch screens are not.
    But that is the same as how a smart phone/ blackberry is not for everyone.
    That does not make the storm a "bust".
    03-29-09 11:05 PM
    i did not forget to change it, i moved from vzw for this simple reason.... here come the storm fan boys crying about how their phone is soooo cool and UBer sweet like nerds... guys chill i can voice my opinion this is a forum and i dont like the storm, its garbage and a disappointment from verizon for all the hype it got. Yes i understand phones do not come out perfect but this wasnt even 50%. Total fail.
    03-30-09 12:15 AM
    zzz same old boring storm chasers who can't realize their phone is not what a blackberry should be
    Last edited by AnthonyAF99; 03-30-09 at 12:28 AM. Reason: :(
    03-30-09 12:17 AM
    I for one could care less about wi-fi too.

03-30-09 12:21 AM

well sorry, i am a business man... i like to keep my options open and when im in my own basement of my house i dont even get good service on "the nations largest 3g network" when i pinned at full bars on ATT.
    03-30-09 12:30 AM
    i USED to be a verizon customer. I love everything about verizon except for their limiting of simple features just like this. Like i stated, maybe you don't need the wi-fi, but im saying my plan that includes a business of 15 lines NEEDS wi-fi, if their service had this... They would have 15 more numbers just like that. Afterall this is a forum and i am free to speak my mind.
    03-30-09 12:33 AM
    I am on the LARGEST and MOST RELIABLE 3G Network, i don't need wifi.....
    03-30-09 12:41 AM
    WiFi would definitely be nice to have because my WiFi is more than 5x faster than vz's 3G

03-30-09 01:09 AM
    Wi-Fi would be nice however not having it is no deal breaker by any means! The Storm isn't perfect but is getting better. A failure it is not, the iPhone has had it's share of hicups as has the Bold. Keep in mind the Storm was a new realm of device RIM got into and wanted to differentiate themselves from other touchscreen devices, and they have. Going back to the lack of. Wi-Fi, VZW has the largest network and coverage area overall and its constantly growing. In most markets a CDMA EVDO is more common than a GSM HSDPA in the US. Let's not forget that VZW will also be bringing 4G data first in LTE starting late '09 early '10
    03-30-09 01:14 AM
    I'm missing something. I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but No CDMA blackberry has ever had Wi-Fi. Not to kill a perfectly good thread, but I really don't think it's Verizon. Although Verizon is one of RIM's largest customers, they don't hold the lion's share of RIM's sales. I find it very difficult to believe that RIM would omit Wi-Fi on all CDMA handsets at the request of Verizon.

I don't know. Just a thought....

And for the record, a decent Wi-Fi G connection will tear up an EVDO connection any day of the week. Verizon has a top of the line network, but it's not Wi-Fi. A Rev. 0 EVDO device (which is what you typically find today) has a max throughput of 2.4mbs. Wi-Fi G has a limit of 54mbs, but typically you will see 5-6mbs. Even newer Rev. A devices have a max of 3.1mbs. It just can't compete. You may get a better signal on Verizon's network, but it's because you're trying to use the Wi-Fi in your neighbors house. I for one would love to see a Wi-Fi CDMA Blackberry, but it isn't going to be anytime soon.

Anyway, take this for what it's worth, but Wi-Fi is useful, and not everyone lives next door to a Verizon tower.
    03-30-09 01:35 AM
    I don't believe anyone can say accurately that Verizon has failed with this device. That will not be known until its released.

03-30-09 05:36 AM
    I don't believe anyone can say accurately that Verizon has failed with this device. That will not be known until its released.

I totally agree. Even if it doesn't have wifi it's not a deal breaker for me. Of course I would have loved it to have it. It's not the end of the world one way or another.
    03-30-09 05:53 AM
    Niagara is probably gonna be a VERY cool phone, but if VZW decides to go without the wifi, WHICH appears to be the case, it's a fail in THAT respect only. There is no good reason for this not to have wifi. Maybe VZW will surprise us all, the phone has not even been announced yet and final specs are STILL not know.

Ultimately I'm with the "it's not a deal breaker crowd" BUT really there is no good reason for this phone NOT to be the first CDMA BB with wifi. IMHO!
    03-30-09 08:08 AM
    Niagara is probably gonna be a VERY cool phone, but if VZW decides to go without the wifi, WHICH appears to be the case, it's a fail in THAT respect only. There is no good reason for this not to have wifi. Maybe VZW will surprise us all, the phone has not even been announced yet and final specs are STILL not know.

Ultimately I'm with the "it's not a deal breaker crowd" BUT really there is no good reason for this phone NOT to be the first CDMA BB with wifi. IMHO!
    Agreed, agreed, agreed!
    03-30-09 08:16 AM
    People are still crying about wifi?

If you want wifi, this isnt the device for you.

If you want wifi, Verizon probably isnt the carrier for you.

That is ok.

Come to AT&T or T-Mobile and enjoy wifi if it is that important. If it isnt that important, please stop crying about it.
    03-30-09 08:52 AM
    This whole "no Wi-Fi" thing is getting really really old. On Verizon's network it's pretty much useless. I have a Storm and an HTC Touch Pro. The Pro has Wi-Fi. Does anyone know how many times I've used the Wi-Fi? Exactly zero. I've never had a need to. It's basically a gimic that people want just to say they have it.

And I've never had a customer not buy a phone (Blackberry or otherwise) because it didn't have Wi-Fi.
    03-30-09 09:17 AM

I totally agree...
    Speculation is such a rude beast...
    it's also killing our economy...
    03-30-09 09:18 AM
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

03-30-09 09:27 AM

I agree, who spends that much time in the basement anyways (no ofense) I have verizon and even before I got my 8330 I wanted wi fi but the internet its incredibly fast no matter where I am..

03-30-09 09:30 AM
159 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD