Hello,

I purchased a Bentley GT Convertible. I have the 8900 and wanted to connnect to the phone system via bluetooth. For some reason I cannot connect. I have spoken to both Bentley and Blackberry and have not found a solution. i'm told that the bold will connect just fine and the same for motorola. I'm amazed that a car like this is not compatible with standard bluetooth. Does anyone have any suggestions???
    03-29-09 09:02 PM
    If the Bold work...maybe it is a OS Bug?

Which do you use?

Greets Chris
    03-29-09 09:11 PM
    I too am surprised that a Volkswagen will not connect. If I were you, I'd drive to.one of your service providers shops that has a technician and are if they can help you.

Are you getting an error message or is the car just not seeing your phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 10:38 PM
    They're are a lot of people in this forum that have Bentleys. Someone should be able to answer your question soon. I have a Bugatti and have the same problem.

Seriously, nice ride.
    03-29-09 10:45 PM
    Ask the Service Advisor to connect a "bold," "motorola," or any other phone to see if the BT is indeed working. Perhaps the procedure you are doing is not correct, as I am assuming that this is your first phone u r trying to connect to the GT?
    03-30-09 01:17 AM
    They're are a lot of people in this forum that have Bentleys. Someone should be able to answer your question soon. I have a Bugatti and have the same problem.

Seriously, nice ride.
    Perhaps Kevin should create a new sub forum, "BB Bentley forum"

But seriously, for the kind of cabbage a Bentley costs, it should come with a Playboy Playmate to just hold the phone to your ear

I would think that you might just be in need of a software upgrade I had a similar issue a couple years ago with my Jeep Cherokee not pairing with my BB, but did work after a software upgrade. What OS are you using? Options/about.

Last edited by Toddboy71; 03-30-09 at 01:27 AM.
    03-30-09 01:24 AM

But seriously, for the kind of cabbage a Bentley costs, it should come with a Playboy Playmate to just hold the phone to your ear

I would think that you might just be in need of a software upgrade I had a similar issue a couple years ago with my Jeep Cherokee not pairing with my BB, but did work after a software upgrade. What OS are you using? Options/about.

It all depends on what Bentley. A New GT will cost about 200k a GT Speed about 230k, a Brooklands will cost about 350k. I'm not sure what a GT Convertible will cost. Haven't really looked at it.

According to Bentley Manhattan Bentley knows about the problem and according to Bentley Manhattan the problem will be fix soon Blah Blah Blah.

So many Bentley owner's have the same problem.
    03-30-09 01:48 AM
    .....for the kind of cabbage a Bentley costs, it should come with a Playboy Playmate to just hold the phone to your ear
    This was PRICELESS!!
    03-30-09 01:52 AM
    I know that this is an old message, but I wanted to post a test I did yesterday. I verified that pairing to a 2006 Bentley Continental GT using RSAP on a Blackberry 8900 is possible. The Blackberry is running OS 4.6.1.231 (T-Mobile), and the "SIM Access Profile" must be enabled under Bluetooth Options. Once paired, any phone numbers stored on the SIM card (some remnants of using the SIM card on a non-Blackberry phone) were successfully transferred to the car, and answering/placing calls works just the same as it did on the previous Nokia.
    07-22-09 11:28 AM
    Must be lots of high rollers on this forum
    07-22-09 12:36 PM
    Wow, I'll buy you a bluetooth speaker phone and trade you your Bently for my Subaru. You will then have BT and a kickarse car to boot... Most likely a firmware issue. Good luck Old Bean
    07-22-09 02:37 PM
    This is an easy fix. You simply have to hold down the pairing button on your dash when the 8900 is set to its "find me" mode. You will hear a beep when the car connects to the 8900. Afterwhich you should be able to push the red button next to the pairing button to upload all of your contacts. This procedure is guaranteed to work unless, of course, you actually own a Bently - in which case, you will discover that I have no idea what I am talking about.
    07-22-09 04:44 PM
    Do a battery pull

on the Bentley
    07-22-09 05:05 PM
    i connect my 8900 to my 1998 ford explorer either
    07-22-09 07:18 PM
    My 8900 and Jensen VM9512HD works great. Imports address book as well.

Side note: my 8900 works great with my TomTom GO 730 as well, although my Jensen has navigation too.
    07-22-09 07:26 PM

LOL good one!

--HeavyC.

07-22-09 08:33 PM
    Bringing this back to the top. I too have a Bentley and cannot connect my Torch via bluetooth. It connects for a second and then drops. A message comes up something like "ras?????" but disappears in a fraction of a second. The technician says to make sure I have "6.0 Bundle 278 (v6.0.0.141- Platform 6.4.0.64)" loaded on which would be a downgrade. Seems bizarre that a downgrade would ever work and then I am expected to never upgrade. They can't be serious.

Does this sound reasonable and if so, where do I find old outdated BB software

Thanks in advance
    06-13-11 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD