I'm going on a 7 hour bus ride to New York City at the end of April. I was wondering when I could use the internet and my Bold... I realize that I can use it until the border, but is there a special plan that I could use for let's say a week for using data in the US?

Also, is Blackberry messenger still free? Ill probably end up with a roaming plan.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 06:04 AM
    I believe there is a roaming plan...it's a certain $ per month, and the $/kb is reduced.

Messenger isn't free if you're roaming. It still works off data. If you aren't in Canada, you're roaming.

The only other option I can think of is using your Bold at a WiFi area. That, or just turning off your Bold and enjoy your time in NYC
    03-28-09 09:57 AM
    use it sparingly cause its expensive or turn off data services. There are no data roaming packages
    03-28-09 12:52 PM
    Unlock + prepaid = win

03-28-09 02:09 PM
    ewww pre-paid is just as gross as a hooker...hehehe
    03-28-09 02:51 PM
    i think it goes like this.. u pay a flat $10 and then like a certain amount per mb. its actually not too bad. i cant remember the exact details though, but i put it on my friends line when he went to vegas and it worked out well.

but i myself usually just grab a free prepaid sim from att or tmobile and use their stuff cuz its soo dam cheap and easy.
    03-28-09 04:35 PM
    I can't do the prepaid sim because my Bold is not unlocked and I want the data for the bus ride only. We won't be stopping on the way down.

Ill call Rogers monday.

03-28-09 04:48 PM
    Does AT&T have a pre-paid sim with voice + Data? Or voice only?
    Thanks
    03-28-09 09:01 PM
    Depends what you want to do on the buss ride, if you just wanna bbm. Dont even bother it wont cost you too much in roaming.

If you want to be surfing---> get some sort of roam package
    If your gonna flycast---> No kind of roam package will save you
    03-29-09 12:34 AM
    If you already have a data package, you will only be chaged $0.006/KB used.
    04-04-09 02:14 AM
    I have a US pre paid phone with AT&T
    Voice only no data

Wayne

04-04-09 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD