I am getting a new storm due to dust under the screen.

Do I just do a backup w/ the old one and ten restore to teh new one?

Will that backup the applications/games that I have installed? Or does it just do data, settings, etc.

Advice would be appreciated to make this a smooth transition
    03-27-09 05:54 PM
    While you can back up the apps and the data, anything tied to your PIN will need to be reinstalled/reregistered probably. You may end up having to contact the company/companies you bought those apps from and see if they will issue you new regcodes.
    03-27-09 05:57 PM
    I just did this with my new Storm. Open BB Desktop manager and click on Device Switch Wizard from the main menu. Then click on Switch Blackberry devices then follow the prompts. It transfers everything including mail settings and media. You will need to go into setup and then mail setup and it will ask you if you want to switch pins, answer yes and you should be done.
    03-27-09 05:59 PM
    make sure you erase your data from the Storm you are sending back.
    Go to Options>Security options>General Settings>Menu button and choose Wipe Handheld.

Btw the switch blackberry device wizard transferred all my 3rd party appts., even my Real Estate ekey appt. It should transfer all of yours also.
    03-27-09 06:04 PM
    make sure you erase your data from the Storm you are sending back.
    Go to Options>Security options>General Settings>Menu button and choose Wipe Handheld.

Btw the switch blackberry device wizard transferred all my 3rd party appts., even my Real Estate ekey appt. It should transfer all of yours also.
    Great! Thanks so much... I am glad it that it seems like a fairly smooth process. I am glad the 3rd party apps transf wih ease.

I am getitng a new storm because of dust under the screen. Dad it since Nov 21 so I am hoping something has been done to prevent it. I have 2 big pieces in the middle that are annoying as heck. When I show someone the phone, the first thing they do is wipe over that area.
    Last edited by mad-dog74; 03-27-09 at 06:12 PM.
    03-27-09 06:09 PM
    I unfortunatly spilled rootbeer on mine and it got under the screen. It still worked but looked awful. Took it to Verizon and they recommend I use the insurance and get a new one.

The transfer was easy and fast. It will have you first plug in your old Storm then it will ask for your new one. Everything should transfer but you won't get mail until you do the pin thing in setup.

For all the negative storm posts I read about people getting 4 and 5 bad storms in a row. My first Storm worked perfectly and now my second one also works perfectly. I must be lucky.

Good luck.
    03-27-09 06:14 PM
    I agree.. My storm is great... it is just that dust and lint is annoying the crap out of me.

Did you get a new storm or a refurbished one?
    03-27-09 06:30 PM
    I'm thinking of wiping my blackberry due to the fact i cant remember my phone lock password. where do I find my pin to install software. Also can I back up all my data with my phone locked.
    03-27-09 06:48 PM
    can anyone help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD