How is it that the iPhone is vastly smoother in its interface over the Storm? Everything I would do on it was completely fluid. Flipping it from landscape to portrait was lag free and sleek looking. I loaded up a folder that contained almost 300 pictures in it and it was damn near instant.

I could go on, but I know there's a million threads and pages on iPhone vs. Storm and I'm just wanting to vent a little and maybe gain a little insight as to why the iPhone has such a smoother, faster responding GUI then the Storm. Does the 620 Mhz processor of the iPhone really that superior to the Storm's 528 Mhz?

Oh and I do have a 9530 running .114 atm ... it was a big improvement but still leaps and bounds behind the iPhone ... And please don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Storm!!
    03-27-09 04:10 PM
    But as of now can the iPhone copy, cut and paste!?!? hahaha.
    03-27-09 04:11 PM
    the iphone has been out for years before the Storm.. id hope it would be better than a product just being released on the market for a few months.
    03-27-09 04:11 PM
    Like you said, the Storm is "still leaps and bounds behind the iPhone." I'm sure with time the Storm will make vast improvements in their OS and functionality.
    03-27-09 04:12 PM
    I feel the same way. The Storm was pushed, like really pushed. The software we have is no where near what should be on this phone. The hardware you hold in your hand when you have the Storm is something like 2-3 years ahead of the software it has. I blame Verizon for this. I hope they learned their lesson. I have played with an Iphone and have an Itouch. Very nice devices, too teenager-ish for me.
    03-27-09 04:14 PM
    Thats why the BB app store is gonna suck...
    The Storm is just "lacking"
    I love my Storm, REALLY do...
    But, I'd love my iPhone on Verizon even better !!!
    03-27-09 04:16 PM
    Don't know if I would say "leaps and bounds". Some things are better on the iphone - yes. But the storm has a good balance between business use and pleasure. The iphone is all play.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:19 PM
    If and when the iPhone does become available do you think it will have WiFi. I honestly don't need WiFi on the Storm. WiFi is not enough to make or break the Storm. VZW's 3G does the job. Waiting for 4G =)
    03-27-09 04:20 PM
    "teenager-ish"
    Yeah real cool guy.

03-27-09 04:20 PM
    If and when the iPhone does become available do you think it will have WiFi. I honestly don't need WiFi on the Storm. WiFi is not enough to make or break the Storm. VZW's 3G does the job. Waiting for 4G =)
    Well, keep waiting. It'll be awhile.

Hey, grab a Snickers.
    03-27-09 04:22 PM
    And I like how everybody think once the App World is launched that it will somehow make the Storm better.

LOL.
    03-27-09 04:22 PM
    The iphone has a 624Mhz processor? No it doesn't I believe. Anyway yes the phone is smoother. Why? The iphone OS is built for it unlike the Storm with 4.6 stuffed on the inside. Storm great device poor OS. RIM has been in the game to long to make such a stupid mistake.

03-27-09 04:23 PM
    It used to be that every business and I mean every.....used BB because it had the only secure email availability. If you wanted business email and messaging, You HAD to use BB. So, RIMM sold a lot of Blackberries. Now, it seems, they are interested in branching out into the play world of smartphones for the masses. I am not sure they "get it". They do not understand what is desired. Maybe they are catching on, or maybe they retrench back into the business world. But with the iPhone now offering secure email, I hope RIMM will get in the game.
    03-27-09 04:31 PM
    How is it that the iPhone is vastly smoother in its interface over the Storm? Everything I would do on it was completely fluid. Flipping it from landscape to portrait was lag free and sleek looking. I loaded up a folder that contained almost 300 pictures in it and it was damn near instant.

I could go on, but I know there's a million threads and pages on iPhone vs. Storm and I'm just wanting to vent a little and maybe gain a little insight as to why the iPhone has such a smoother, faster responding GUI then the Storm. Does the 620 Mhz processor of the iPhone really that superior to the Storm's 528 Mhz?

Oh and I do have a 9530 running .114 atm ... it was a big improvement but still leaps and bounds behind the iPhone ... And please don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Storm!!
    simple because the iphone has been out plenty longer than the storm... RIM will have everything worked out in the storm in a quicker time frame than apple did with the iphone so give credit for that
    03-27-09 04:31 PM
    GUI is better on the iphone... yes. it's apple. that's their deal

everything else on the storm is built like a working man's phone. I love it. After using it, the iphone feels like a gimped phone attached to and Ipod Touch.. smooth as silk...but functionally damn near ********
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 03-27-09 at 04:35 PM.
    03-27-09 04:33 PM
    Like you said, the Storm is "still leaps and bounds behind the iPhone." I'm sure with time the Storm will make vast improvements in their OS and functionality.
    Leaps and bounds? The iToy is a dinosaur. Limited on the business end, high on the fun end. Glad their users told me not to bother
    03-27-09 04:33 PM
    The iPhone is more fluid because they utilized hardware acceleration.
    iPhone is all play? Come on, why hate. If it were on Verizon many storm owners would be gone.
    03-27-09 04:34 PM
    I did a long comparison before I bought the Storm. There are pros and cons to both. If you want entertainment, get the iPhone, if you want it to work get the Storm. Nuff said.
    03-27-09 04:35 PM
    iPhone is all play? Come on, why hate. If it were on Verizon many storm owners would be gone.
    I'm not hating. I am just saying in my opinion that it lacks on the business end compared to the Storm for me at least. I see more users playing games and entertaining themselves than doing actual work. My brother is a users and has been since it's inception, and his life is that phone but he complains about it's limits and reliability. But lets be honest, being more fluid doesn't mean a better phone.
    03-27-09 04:45 PM
    the GUI on the iphone is better but...
    i just completely wiped my storm and reloaded .113 and now its lightning fast (nearly equal to iphone) in almost every way and i have 49mb of memory!
    03-27-09 04:53 PM
    The iPhone's GIU is GPU accelerated. That's why it's so smooth.

The Storm has a more powerful GPU in it that is going completely to waste right now.
    03-27-09 05:07 PM
    I wouldn't be one of them.

GF has an iphone.... So I get to see them both. Set aside the network inferiority of AT&T... I like my storm better as a device. Regardless of the network it would or wouldn't be on.

03-27-09 05:18 PM
    I'm not hating. I am just saying in my opinion that it lacks on the business end compared to the Storm for me at least. I see more users playing games and entertaining themselves than doing actual work. My brother is a users and has been since it's inception, and his life is that phone but he complains about it's limits and reliability. But lets be honest, being more fluid doesn't mean a better phone.
    Ya think? There are plenty of business applications for the iphone. I'm in need of a Citrix Metaframe (ICA) connection for work and there is nothing for the Storm. Is there an app for the iphone? Yup...

03-27-09 05:19 PM
    Does the 620 Mhz processor of the iPhone really that superior to the Storm's 528 Mhz?
    Correction: iPhone has a 620MHz CPU but were all underclocked to 428MHz due to hardware concerns, whereas our BlackBerry Storms are fully utilised at 624MHz, not 528MHz.
    03-27-09 05:23 PM
    been dating a girl for about 4 months who uses a iphone. ive never picked it simply because someones phone now a days is a 21st century diary of sorts. ive never seen her complain about it but she doesnt use it for business at all. to my question, what exactly does a storm do that a iphone doesnt? copy and paste etc.

dont take it im considering a switch i love my storm. my sister in law asked what phone she should get. i suggested an iphone simply because i knew she would get frustrated with a BB. if you dont want a phone that you have to maintain moreso than your PC the storm is not for you. but back to the question. what are the exact things a storm does a iphone is not capable of?
    03-27-09 05:28 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD