Sling Media has announced that its SlingPlayer Mobile for BlackBerry application has moved out of public beta and is now available for purchase.

The application is available for a one-time charge of $29.99 and is avilable as a 30-day free trial. OTA download at mobile.slingmedia.com.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 01:43 PM
    But it doesn't say it supports the storm? Correct?
    03-27-09 01:45 PM
    But it doesn't say it supports the storm? Correct?
    Was just on the site. The storm is NOT supported yet.

b
    03-27-09 01:57 PM
    Was just on the site. The storm is NOT supported yet.

b
    I have not had a chance to check their web site yet. That will be a bummer.

03-27-09 02:04 PM
    yea still no Storm support as expected
    03-27-09 02:34 PM
    wont there never be storm support because verizon doesnt allow streaming?
    03-27-09 03:03 PM
    Posted this earlier this week, and no, there's no storm support yet. As for the question of Verizon allowing streaming, I don't see the connection. The Verizon policy shouldn't impact what SlingMedia develops or doesn't develop. Verizon isn't the almight god on this one. If there's enough demand from customers willing to spend $30 for the app, I suspect they'll find a way to get it to market....regardless of what Verizon would like to see.
    03-27-09 03:15 PM
    Also there is the 9500

03-27-09 04:13 PM
    Posted this earlier this week, and no, there's no storm support yet. As for the question of Verizon allowing streaming, I don't see the connection. The Verizon policy shouldn't impact what SlingMedia develops or doesn't develop. Verizon isn't the almight god on this one. If there's enough demand from customers willing to spend $30 for the app, I suspect they'll find a way to get it to market....regardless of what Verizon would like to see.
    Against TOS to stream audio and video. For that matter, against TOS to take a leak.
    03-27-09 05:37 PM
    Stay tuned they say its coming!!!
    03-27-09 06:16 PM
    Against TOS to stream audio and video. For that matter, against TOS to take a leak.
    Might be against the Verizon TOS, but that's not SlingMedia's problem. They make the app available and it's up to the users to know the TOS of their providers. Just see no reason to worry about Verizon if I'm SlingMedia.
    03-27-09 06:41 PM
    The pearl/curve version works!

03-27-09 06:45 PM
    The pearl/curve version works!

Agreed, I posted to this effect yesterdat and in February as well. Curve and Pearl version works quite well, but it only takes advantage of 1/2 the Storm screen, which is what the curve and pearl have. If you have questions check out my post from the previous threads
    03-27-09 07:03 PM
    I had this on my HTC on Verizon before I switched to the Storm, so it does work on Verizon. Some have got this to work on the Storm but I cant just yet.
    03-27-09 07:40 PM
    I attempted to use the SlingPlayer Mobile on my 8320...it did not connect on WiFi or 3G. Sling Support is worthless, they said that without purchasing the app, they could not help. I purchased the app and then was told that because the app is in Beta, they are unable to support it. I did talk to three individuals in the U.S. and three is Costa Rica...all were clueless. I just completed actions to get my money refunded.
    03-30-09 12:56 PM
    This would mean that Slacker is also against the Terms of Service, I wasn't even aware of this.

So has anyone been contacted by Verizon for running Slacker?
    03-30-09 01:12 PM
    I attempted to use the SlingPlayer Mobile on my 8320...it did not connect on WiFi or 3G. Sling Support is worthless, they said that without purchasing the app, they could not help. I purchased the app and then was told that because the app is in Beta, they are unable to support it. I did talk to three individuals in the U.S. and three is Costa Rica...all were clueless. I just completed actions to get my money refunded.
    Seriously?
    03-30-09 02:10 PM
    I've got it working on my Storm right now. It's not perfect, but it'll work for now until Sling gets developed for the Storm.
    03-30-09 02:48 PM
    I've got it working on my Storm right now. It's not perfect, but it'll work for now until Sling gets developed for the Storm.
    I'm trying to decide on whether I want to buy a sling solo now, or wait until the mobile app for the Storm comes out.

So here's my question. If I get the Solo now, and get sling mobile for the curve (and run it on my storm), will I have to buy sling mobile again when it does come out for the storm?

I just can't see paying 30 bucks for an app that isn't optimized for my Storm if I'm not going to be able to change versions for free...
    04-01-09 10:43 AM
    You can change versions/devices for free. I originally purchased the SlingPlayer Mobile for an XV6700 and when I switched to the phone, it recognized a new device when I logged in. Got an email thanking me and notifying me that the device had been changed. I used the BB version with no issues on SlingMedia's end. Deleted it though as it's not storm optimized and I found it a PITA to use. Just waiting for a Storm version and I'm good to go.
    04-01-09 10:55 AM
    You can change versions/devices for free. I originally purchased the SlingPlayer Mobile for an XV6700 and when I switched to the phone, it recognized a new device when I logged in. Got an email thanking me and notifying me that the device had been changed. I used the BB version with no issues on SlingMedia's end. Deleted it though as it's not storm optimized and I found it a PITA to use. Just waiting for a Storm version and I'm good to go.
    So basically your sling account just has mobile enabled for the $30... So will I only have to pay $30 for my wife and my phone?
    04-01-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD