I use Slacker w/ my 8330 on VZW and love it. It used to have an occasional commercial but I haven't heard one in a long time. I was in the car for 2 hours straight yesterday and not one commercial or problem with buffering as I drove. I've tried Pandora and have had it stop working or freeze up. The pop up adds are a bit annoying but it is a free app. I don't think the sound is as crisp as it is on Slacker. Not sure why, I listen to both on a Motorola T-505 through the car radio. Anyone else having issues?....with Pandora that is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 01:21 PM
    I'm not using Pandora, but if I had to guess, I'd day the better playback from Slacker is due to Slacker's caching capabilities.
    03-27-09 01:24 PM
    i actually use pandora and have no problems.
    slacker does it loading thing and that took forever, so i gave up on it. plus there were sign in problems at times.
    if they fix those problems i'll use slacker more
    03-27-09 02:06 PM
    Is Slacker free? I briefly glanced at the site and saw "Try for Free" or something like that. I just assumed that meant I'd eventually have to get a subscription.

And pardon my being a total newb, but when you listen to the radio on your phone, does it play as if your phone were on speakerphone, or do you have to switch it to the speakerphone setting?
    03-27-09 02:12 PM
    it plays on speakers

and slacker is free, the try it thing is the premium one, no ads and just unlimited skip
    03-27-09 02:17 PM
    I used to be all about slacker. Then I started having issues with it after some updates on my computer. I freakin love Pandora!!! The quick mix and all that stuff is great.
    03-27-09 02:35 PM
    Is Slacker free? I briefly glanced at the site and saw "Try for Free" or something like that. I just assumed that meant I'd eventually have to get a subscription.

And pardon my being a total newb, but when you listen to the radio on your phone, does it play as if your phone were on speakerphone, or do you have to switch it to the speakerphone setting?
    Yes, Slacker is free.
    03-27-09 02:37 PM
    I have slacker on my curve. I love it. I have a bunch of stations in my cache. That took a while to do but totally worth it.
    I love how it uses the bluetooth speaker in the car and on my laptop.

I have pandora on my Q but since I hate the Q I never really use it.
    So I don't have an opinion on Pandora.
    03-27-09 04:18 PM
    Both are good, but for me Slacker seems to work better

03-28-09 07:50 AM
    No problems here with pandora...I had problems with slacker however. The app would freeze.
    03-28-09 08:50 AM
    I personally prefer Pandora...I already had a account online with them, and when I signed of through BB it pulled my stations right up. IMO I think pandora gets my genere(spelling?) more accurate, and it seems to have faster load times...I choose Pandora
    03-28-09 09:30 AM
    I had good times with Slacker, but now I'm all Pandora. But, I wouldn't mind going back, if, I didn't have a Wi-Fi streaming issue with Slacker, and Pandora works awsome on Wi-Fi!!

05-19-09 10:46 PM
    I love them both but find that about 1/2 the time I try to get on Pandora it is just very very very tediously slooooooooooow. Iheartradio is also really good. Have been looking for imeem but they don't support BB yet.

05-19-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD