I have both. The Storm is a terrific device and I do like the big screen. I hate the times when I press the screen and it just sits until I do it a few more times. That part is frustrating. The clarity and ease of use is excellent. Overall, I like the phone.

I got an Ipod Touch for Christmas. Like that too. I can dl all the small apps for little if any charge. Get the nicer ones in a paid version. Surf the net faster, etc.

Anyone else have the duo? Pro's and con's of it? Thanks.
    03-27-09 09:36 AM
    Yup got the 8 gig touch
    03-27-09 09:37 AM
    I also have both. My touch is the 2nd gen 32gb. Best combo everrr. Right pocket I have my Storm, and the left pocket is my Ipod!
    03-27-09 09:39 AM
    Yep. Storm and 16GB 1st gen Touch. Like them both. You get over the apps on the Touch after a while though.
    03-27-09 09:39 AM
    No, but I've got a 3g iPhone. Does that count?
    In all honesty, i use my storm's MP3 player a lot.
    I doubt I've ever used itunes on my iPhone. (Weird sounding sentence there.)

I collect useful and some not so useful applications on the iPhone, and use it when i'm not at work.

The storm seems to fit the bill just fine in using it as an MP3 player as the battery doesn't drain nearly as fast as the iPhones while listening to music/movies.
    03-27-09 09:43 AM
    I have a Storm and a 32Gb Touch (1st gen). I got the Touch before I got the Storm and it is my primary music player. I like the way iTunes manages podcasts and other media over the BB solution.

My Storm is my phone and communications device. I do very little web surfing on my Touch. My kids do use it to play games though.

If my wife and I weren't locked in to a Verizon contract, I'd look very hard at the iPhone, just for the fact I'd be able to carry one device. But, I haven't convinced myself I'd give up Verizon's network.
    03-27-09 09:44 AM
    I have a Storm and an 80Gb iPod Classic, I plan on upgrading to a Touch once they can match the storage space on my Classic. I'm not paying more money for less space..........
    03-27-09 09:48 AM
    I have both an iPhone 3G and a Storm. Since getting the Storm, I've dropped my iPhone minutes down to the minimum. I use my Storm for Facebook, Twitter and RSS updates. I also use my Storm while the iPhone is getting recharged.

I use my iPhone for catching podcasts, streaming video, streaming music and listening to audiobooks. I also use my iPhone for remotely accessing my home computers.
    03-27-09 09:52 AM
    i've a storm and a 2nd generation Ipod touch

I like both
    03-27-09 09:54 AM
    Storm and 16gb 1st Gen touch...been having fun with the Storm and haven't touch the ipod in months
    03-27-09 09:56 AM
    I've got my Storm, which I love. But I don't use it for an MP3 player. Although I did realize that I can plug my Storm into my car's AUX jack to listen to Slacker radio through my car's speakers. That was a cool discovery. After realizing this, I decided to try a phone call. At first, the call was only going through my headset until I pushed speaker on my phone. Lo and behold my call was sounding through my car's stereo! Pretty neat! Anyways, I have a 2nd gen 16g Touch I use for Mp3's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 09:57 AM
    I have both... love the Storm and have a 32G iPod Touch. Use the touch mostly for podcasts but since I recently got PodTrapper, I don't use the iPod Touch for that much anymore. The music is great when exercising and some of the apps are really cool. Light enough to carry along with the phone when I feel the need.... Both good devices. Guess if I had an iPhone on Verizon I could dump both of em....
    03-27-09 10:04 AM
    Had the ITouch first, then got the Storm. Use my ITouch for all my crap and Storm for phone, etc. I don't have the battery issues I read other folks have, using both.
    03-27-09 10:06 AM
    I have both as well. I can't stand AT&T service in the US, so the iPhone was not an option.

And as far as the poster who's waiting for the memory capacity of the iPod touch to match the classic, you're going to be waiting a looooong time.

The iPod touch and the iPhone are based on flash memory, not a hard drive, and you should really only expect a doubling of capacity about every 18 months, if not longer.

I'd imagine you won't see 64GB until the end of the year. If that.
    03-27-09 10:12 AM
    the only thing thats tight about the itouch, or phone is that game thats on the commercial)that I have yet to play) lmao
    03-27-09 10:12 AM
    i recently acquired a touch and I have to admit.. the interface is slick and the web browsing is very nice... I have been a staunch iphone/ipod resister but that device is nice.... I can see why so many people like it. I did notice the accelerometer is about as fast switching as my storm...and I don't like the fact I can't have multiple programs running... But other than that the touch is smooth... I haven't used it much.. still use the storm for most of my media, phone, web browsing..... I might just use the touch for my long plane rides to conserve battery life on the storm.
    03-27-09 10:36 AM
    I haven't used my Touch since I got my Storm. I didn't really use it for portable music though...just the apps and wireless aspect.

Still love the Touch though...
    03-27-09 10:40 AM
    Storm and 16Gb Nano 4th-gen here. My Nano holds over 2200 episodes of old-time radio. I shuffle them, and drift off to sleep listening to Dragnet, Gunsmoke, Fibber McGee, Jack Benny, Escape... I've put about 100 shows on my Storm's microSD for when I'm stuck at the airport.
    03-27-09 11:10 AM
    I have both and love them both. Got the 8 for apps. Can't wait for rims apps to see if they stand a chance

03-27-09 11:18 AM
    I hve both and I'm always finding myself in n ttempt to clixk the itouch' screen lol

03-27-09 11:20 AM
    How about a BB and a Zune?

I've got a Zune 120gb that I use for the music collection and, with it's FM receiver & other goodies (like watching videos, etc.) I don't see myself switching to the BB for media items except for the occasional file sent directly to me.
    03-27-09 11:24 AM
    I have both the touch and storm. I love the combo more then just having an iphone

03-27-09 11:35 AM
    My wife got me storm for xmas(got it on 11/20 and got me the touch 2nd gen for Valentines day. Got to love my wife and holidays.

03-27-09 11:41 AM
    I had the 16gb second gen ipod touch
    then I got my storm
    I gave the ipod to a friend
    03-27-09 11:44 AM
    I have both. I go he ipod as a gift, and I use it as my source of music for my car and boat, I don't use any of the other features it has. If the Storm was as smooth as the ipod, I would use my Storm a lot more. I don't think iwould give up the ipod all together though as it is a good source of music while on the water. The battery life on the ipod way outlasts that of my storm.
    03-27-09 11:59 AM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD