Ok this might have been answered and if it was I surely can't find it. I just got my blackberry storm today, did some research on here before I did anything to and it was all good. All the apps worked fine but then it got a little slow and started getting stuck sides and such. So i figure maybe if i upgrade it it will work better. So i went to options on the fone and upgrade OTA. After that my WHERE can't find my location using gps and even after i check all my gps settings and its permissions it still doesnt work. So i tried to downgrade but there was an error just as it was finishing so it didn't downgrade. Does anyone know of any solutions? By the way I went from

v4.7.0.65 to v4.7.0.75

i'm also a newbie here guys so be gentle if i'm asking a repeated question or just have no idea what I am doing =/
    03-27-09 03:15 AM
    not sure if this will work.. but try this link...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    03-27-09 03:28 AM
    did that already lol i have at&t and i needed to do that to get my internet working. I also thought maybe its because i'm in my room thats why it isnt picking up the gps, but google maps finds my position exactly so i dont get it and my girlfriend was using WHERE before i upgraded and she was jus 3 feet away...closer to a window tho!.....any more thoughts?
    03-27-09 03:32 AM
    did that already lol i have at&t and i needed to do that to get my internet working. I also thought maybe its because i'm in my room thats why it isnt picking up the gps, but google maps finds my position exactly so i dont get it and my girlfriend was using WHERE before i upgraded and she was jus 3 feet away...closer to a window tho!.....any more thoughts?
    GO OUTSIDE ANYTIME YOU USE ANY GPS. If you can't see the sky, you can't get a signal.
    Sometimes you may catch a signal near a window, but it won't be fully accurate.

Google maps uses another technology to help when it doesn't have GPS. It triangulates your location using cell towers.
    That's why its not very accurate.
    When you stand outside, you will see the difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:13 AM
    Trust me on this you do NOT want to downgrade to .65, and you MAY even want to try one of the leaked beta OSs we have in the storm beta os sub forum. However if you really want to you can do it thru DM on your PC. From DM use the upgrade function and it should offer you the option to downgrade.

03-27-09 04:44 AM
    Alright i will check it out 2marow thank you guys for all the advice and help. And which verison of the os for the storm would you guys say is the safest most stable and fast one to get right now? I was looking at them but I don't know what to go off of?
    03-27-09 04:49 AM
    113 is probably what you want and 109 is also good. Stay away from the hybrids. Make sure to backup before you get started just in case.

03-27-09 05:34 AM
    Hi ixxneoxxi,

I'm Chrystie from WHERE.com. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing? Also, you need to be using BBmaps and not Google Maps to use WHERE.

Let me know if the issue persists.

CC
    03-27-09 03:13 PM
    okay same happened here ... upgraded from .109 to .113 and Where quit working. I deleted the app but as of yet not reinstalled as Point is working fine.
    03-27-09 03:36 PM
    I have been using .113 on my Storm for 4 days now and for the most part it works great. It is much better than .75
    03-27-09 04:02 PM
    Yes I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. No such luck. So which one works with WHERE verison .109 or .113? And can anyone provide a link to the OS's. Thanks so much everyone for the input, I love this site everyone is so cool and helpful
    03-27-09 05:31 PM
    I am running .113 and reinstalled Where and now it works just fine. And to find the links to the OS you want, just do a search of the forums and you will find it.

The .113 leak is found at http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-4-7-...ackberry-storm
    03-27-09 05:43 PM
    forgeet where i think that app sucked
    03-27-09 05:52 PM
    i actually think its pretty neat and my girlfriend liked it too so you guys know how that goes. =/ Alright guys it seems as this might have soled my problem. Now I just need to figure out how to install it and i'm good. I've seen tons of hows tos on here so no worries thanks everyone! And oh wait is anyone else getting a bunch of dust under their storm touchscreen? i've had the fone since yesterday and i'm stasrting to notice dust under it, any ideas on how to clean it? has this been discussed?
    03-27-09 05:56 PM
    I have many of the OS for the storm if you like just let me know which one you would like I will upload it to my sight and you can get it there just let me know I like making things easy for people
    03-27-09 06:05 PM
    Ah thanks man but i got it already from one of the links someone provided. I appreciate it though I really do and everyone has been making things real easy too. I just hope that as I progress in my blackberry skills I can soon help everyone else as well =)
    03-27-09 06:12 PM
    Alright guys I have aniother problem. Before I updated I did the steps to get internet to work on my unlocked blackberry with at&t. Now that I have updated my internet doesnt work. So i went back to do the same steps and when i try to open cracktl it asks for my password but i never had a password so i press ok with it blank and it says that either the phone isnt plugged in or the password is incorrect. How do I find the password?
    03-27-09 09:37 PM
    does anyone have any opinions?
    03-27-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD