Which one of these apps do you use/prefer the most, and why?
    -Where
    -Pocket Express
    -Poynt
    03-27-09 01:53 AM
    I liked the gas and starbucks feature on where. For some reason I can't get it to work with .113 though.

I briefly tried point and the interface seemed a bit goofy to me. I haven't tired pocket express.
    03-27-09 02:21 AM
    thats odd... when i had 114 where never worked so i went to poynt, simply because i liked having something with those features but i recently went to 113 and where works fine... IMHO i love where, it has the most features available as far as i can tell and the interface is very easy to use
    03-27-09 02:41 AM
    I haven't tried anything other than Where. The Yellowbook feature is pretty neat. However the Gas Station and Restaurant feature is wildly incomplete. However the program does run very smoothly and fully closes on it's own as opposed to those that run in the background.
    03-27-09 02:52 AM
    Do y'all have the links for downloading any of those?
    03-27-09 03:51 AM
    Poynt is the best, but I will prob download Where again soon after it's improved. Pocket Express is cool, but no need to pay a monthly fee for it, when free options are avail and better.
    03-27-09 04:03 AM
    Do y'all have the links for downloading any of those?
    Where:
    WHERE™ GPS Mobile Application, iPhone App & Location Based Services Development Platform

Poynt:
    Poynt

Pocket Express:
    Pocket Express

There you go.
    03-27-09 04:57 AM
    Pocket Express is free. I use that alot, primarily because I got used to it on my TREO. I get updated news, sports and weather every 4 hours. The interface on the Storm has less features than on my Treo, but it works fairly good. 411 Search is touch and go.

I also have Where for Gas station prices. Nice app, especially when using the GPS location feature. Hoewever, I don't like that I can't re-arrange the icons or delete what I don't use from the main screen. Also, once you set a GPS location, it will use that location for subsequent searches. You need to "Set" the location each time you want to go a search. Kinda silly I think that you have to have this extra step. I originally set it near work to get gas prices and then when I was traveling home, it gave me gas stations near work, until I changed the location again.
    03-27-09 07:56 AM
    O.k.... after reading other people's post, I soon discovered that the "Where" app doesn't want to work for me anymore, ever since I updated to the .113 OS.
    Weird.

Yes, Pocket Express is a nice app to use... but with 9xx.x KB????
    It's a tad bit bigger than the other two.
    I guess I'm going to be utilizing it more now, being "Where" doesn't want to play nice with .113.
    03-27-09 10:49 AM
    Where was usefull before I upgraded to 113, now it doesn't work. If there was one problem with that program it was that the GPS location never really kept up with where I was at that time. It took a while to load. Anyways, I utilize Poynt a lot. It has worked flawlessly for me and is very usefull.
    03-27-09 12:19 PM
    uninstall where and reinstall
    03-27-09 02:27 PM
    Google Maps.
    03-27-09 02:30 PM
    I'm a big user of all these search and location apps, and have been for a long time. I try pretty much all of them - and used Pocket Express way back in my Treo days. And when I went to a WinMo device, I used and really liked Live Search. So I've been around pretty much all of 'em.

As far as which is best - it really depends on what you want out of the app. I use the Movies functions a lot, so at the moment Where isn't really that helpful for me. I guess I've settled on Poynt for now, but once/if Where gets movies going, maybe I'll swing over there more. I'm also using the SuperPages for Storm app, and it has some goodness as well (white pages search for one thing).

I have all of 'em on my device, and use Poynt most of all but they each has its place.
    03-27-09 03:31 PM
    Question: Can you all who use Pocket Express get it to work outside of Compatibility Mode? If I turn off Comp Mode it doesn't work. Event though they say it works on the Storm (and I see that some of you are using it).

Did you all download the OTA? Or install via DM? sometimes there's a difference for some software.

(P.S. I'm trying to use this because TV Guide Mobile doesn't work on Storm. Hope this will work.)
    Last edited by woodi68; 04-07-09 at 10:41 PM.
    04-07-09 10:33 PM
    Windows live search is better than all of them. Especially now with the new version that works for the Storm
    04-07-09 10:44 PM
    Ok. So I guess the "auto-detect" isn't working for figuring out I have a Storm. Once it thought I had a Javalin. All the other attempts showed "lbs000". Grrrrrr...
    04-07-09 11:06 PM
    Ok. After busting my **** getting Pocket Express downloaded properly and installed it doesn't actually have TV listings. Just TV news. Piece of crap.
    04-07-09 11:25 PM
    i have all 3... and i use all 3 for different things... i like poynt the best though
    where was not working after .113... but i uninstalled and reinstalled... it works now..
    04-08-09 12:25 AM
    Poynt hands down
    04-08-09 08:21 AM
    I prefer Poynt. It has a much cleaner interface. Also, Where was causing major memory leaks on my phone.
    04-08-09 08:32 AM
    I use Poynt. It's clean and has great results. I also like that it's a Canadian company.
    04-08-09 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD