It's my understanding that to purchase apps in the new app store you must have a paypal account.... well, in my case I won't be buying any apps from the app world... having had problems with pay pal in the past, that is going to be a problem for Blackberry cause I'm sure I'm not the only one....
    Last edited by Mountain; 03-26-09 at 11:07 PM.
    03-26-09 11:04 PM
    I too hate pay pal. And I wish them ill. Ha. Nah but I do hate using paypal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 11:06 PM
    paypal is awesome... u must be tripping...
    03-26-09 11:07 PM
    paypal is awesome... u must be tripping...
    Sorry... maybe for you.... lost big bucks cause of them.... no thanks!
    03-26-09 11:09 PM
    PayPal is decent. It's not much different than dealing with a credit card company, really.
    03-26-09 11:13 PM
    Been with PayPal since my eBay whoring days of 2001 lol

Always worked real well for me.
    03-26-09 11:19 PM
    im in a daze over muzhik's avatar...what are we talking about again??
    03-26-09 11:41 PM
    PayPal is as good as choice as any. I've always had good luck with them. Heck, I still use PayPal on things today!
    03-26-09 11:55 PM
    Sorry... maybe for you.... lost big bucks cause of them.... no thanks!
    me too mountain...... me too!
    03-26-09 11:58 PM
    I am amazed that so many people who use an advanced device like a BB are still stuck in the financial transaction stone age. Get with the times and stop your crying. Does everything in your life have to be such an obstacle?

Life is too short to be worrying about paypal.
    03-27-09 12:01 AM
    I feel this could be more detrimental to the developers since not only does RIM get a cut of their profits, so does Paypal with their transaction fees. On the other hand, Apple takes a 30% cut whereas RIM takes 20%, so even with Paypal's fees tacked on, it could work out okay in the end. Time will tell, I suppose.
    03-27-09 12:12 AM
    i use paypal to the extent that i even have the paypal debit card in my wallet
    03-27-09 12:28 AM
    I got to agree with OP, PayPal sucks balls . But I would still use, have no choice
    03-27-09 12:30 AM
    Paypal is good I use it all the time, my business takes in lots of money via paypal each month.
    I don't see paypal being a problem for 99% of BB users.
    03-27-09 12:32 AM
    There is a restaurant here in town that only takes cash. NO credit cards!

While this doesn't please me as I tend not to carry cash at all, I have to accept the fact that If I want to eat there I have to agree to their terms.
    03-27-09 12:37 AM
    I am amazed that so many people who use an advanced device like a BB are still stuck in the financial transaction stone age. Get with the times and stop your crying. Does everything in your life have to be such an obstacle?

I was amazed when I lost the money from what I thought was reliable. You'd be even more amaized if you would take the time to read the facts in other forums about how many have had problems with them. Consider yourself lucky if you never had or have a problem. And, it's so insignificant that I don't consider it an obstacle... Thanks for the advise oh mr wisdom... I will take it under advisement.
    03-27-09 09:53 AM
    There is a restaurant here in town that only takes cash. NO credit cards!

While this doesn't please me as I tend not to carry cash at all, I have to accept the fact that If I want to eat there I have to agree to their terms.
    Excellent point.... That's exactly why I don't plan on "eating" at the Blackberry Store if PayPal is the only means of payment.
    03-27-09 09:56 AM
    Exactly right I hate when that happens that you can only pay one way makes you not want to do business if you always have to use paypal
    03-27-09 09:59 AM
    while i use paypal and have never had a problem, if i had i wouldnt use it either. with that said i would find it hard to believe rim would accept it as the only method of payment. setting a company up to accept credit/debit cards is a no brainer. a couple charge a higher % of the transaction that others but its really not a hard thing to set up or track on your books
    03-27-09 10:02 AM
    never had any sort of problem with paypal
    03-27-09 10:33 AM

Has to be the most worthless post ever. Search for wisdom? Ironic.

03-27-09 10:38 AM
    I too have had problems with pay pal and will not restore my account with them due to an error they made with my account!
    03-27-09 10:40 AM
    I really don't mind paypal. Since paypal is owned by ebay I'm guessing you might see lots of cross functionality coming between BB and paypal/ebay.

03-27-09 10:55 AM
    Please elaborate on how you lost money.

Sounds like you were engaged in a sale that went down and paypal protection didnt pan out?
    03-27-09 11:01 AM
    Hmm, I have yet to have a problem with paypal. I've been using it since 2002 and they've saved me a few times from scammers.
    03-27-09 11:08 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD