Hi All,

I'm using Google's Calendar Sync to port my Outlook Calendar at work to my Blackberry Storm. So far it is working great. What I want to know is whether I can turn the reminders off for this calendar on my Storm? I want to be able to just view this calendar on my BB, not have alerts pop up for all the stupid, mundane stuff I have to deal with everyday (and already get alerted to by Outlook).

TIA.
    03-26-09 06:11 PM
    I have the same question, am a new user BB Curve, get 150 emails per day and the alerts are driving me crazy !!
    03-26-09 07:13 PM
    I think we have different issues - I need help with the calendar reminders - not email alerts.
    03-26-09 07:37 PM
    I am not sure what you are experiencing but you shouycl be able to adjust your notification setting by logging on to Google and going to Google Calenders.

At the top right of the page click on "Settings"

Then click on "Calenders"

You should be able to adjust what ever notifications you are receiving by clicking on "notifications".

I hope this helps?

David
    03-26-09 08:07 PM
    You can also turn off "Sync Alarms" and it won't sync the reminder between Google Calendar and your handheld.
    03-26-09 08:24 PM
    @ Violator- I thought that the notifications section of Google Calendar was just for the Google side of things, but I disabled notifications anyways and I'll see where that gets me.

@ Marcus - I turned off sync reminders after my first sync but that didn't seem to turn them off.

But now I am getting the "Another sync client has been adding events to the Blackberry calendar, to avoid duplicates Google Sync will not keep these events up to date" error.

So I need to get that fixed before I can test both hypothesis - thanks to both of you for your help, I really appreciate it.
    03-27-09 08:20 AM
    "Another sync client has been adding events to the Blackberry calendar, to avoid duplicates Google Sync will not keep these events up to date" error.".....the kiss of death. I, and many others (including a whole host of people in the google help forum), have never been able to resolve this issue. It has rendered google sync useless to me and I can't understand how Google can't seem to figure out how to resolve it!
    03-27-09 11:39 AM
    Yeah, there doesn't appear to be much hope with that error from what I've been reading, so I guess I'll orbit on the issue. It's a bummer though, because the sync initially worked well and I was happy with it.
    03-27-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD