This has been an ongoing thing with this phone. I have tried so many different OS on this phone and i still have the same problem and i cant even return it for another one because my 30 days are up. The problem is no matter what video i use no matter where i got it from including the ones that i record on the phone itself. After about 3:48 seconds of watching the video it cuts off and says "error playing An error has occurred attempting to play media" it happens at the same exact time for every single video. I don't understand it why would it let you play almost 4 min of video and then all of a sudden just stop like that. Some videos are 3gp some avi some mpeg but all do the same thing at the same time. Remember this is the fifth operating system that i have tried with this phone and the same thing happens so it only leads me to believe that it is a hardware problem. Can someone please give me a hand.
    03-26-09 02:00 PM
    How long have you had the phone? Didn't you get an extended warranty on a phone you pay so much for? I watch videos on my phone all the time...avi files will not play on your phone...you need to convert them...the best thing to use to do this is the media transfer that comes with the phone, or DL it at blackberry.com.
    03-26-09 02:04 PM
    How long have you had the phone? Didn't you get an extended warranty on a phone you pay so much for? I watch videos on my phone all the time...avi files will not play on your phone...you need to convert them...the best thing to use to do this is the media transfer that comes with the phone, or DL it at blackberry.com.
    Hey rjkolo, I have about 50 movies, most of them avi and they all play fine all the way through. I think I've read before that avi files will not play but mine do. Any idea why they play or why they shouldn't? Many thanks!! To the OP, sounds hardware related to me. Sorry you're having problems. I hope you can get that fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skyjackal; 03-26-09 at 03:12 PM.
    03-26-09 03:07 PM
    I had the same problem until I formated the sdcard and internal memory. Now vids play fine. I just watched ironman a few days ago and that's like, over 1.5hrs. Running 9000/4.6.0.247 currently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD