Alright - I think I've made my decision to sell my TELUS Curve 8330, and buy a Storm. Still not sure if this is the right decision, but I do like to stay on top of technology.

I guess I'm posting this because I want to know if anyone has actually done this and been happy with it, I know people have had the Storm, and got a Curve in the end. What about the other way around?

I think my main concern will be typing on the Storm, I do love the Curves full, real keyboard!
    03-24-09 03:26 PM
    It's all up to you, i would play with the Storm and practice typing on it before you make the decision...
    03-24-09 03:28 PM
    Ya I also agree, go check out both devices and then you can decide what is better for you.....

Good luck. Keep on crackin!
    03-24-09 03:31 PM
    Best of luck. It was the phone I wanted when I first got my BB but after playing with it I couldnt take it. Maybe I liked the actual keys too much.......
    03-24-09 03:32 PM
    Advice from a former Curver owner turned Storm owner turned Curve owner again:

Save your receipt.

Good luck. Hope your experience is better than mine.
    03-24-09 03:54 PM
    I would have to agree. It's your choice, but saving your receipt is a good bit of advice.
    03-24-09 03:58 PM
    i am a current curve owner and i have to say i played with my cuzins storm and wasnt all that impressed.
    i type so fast on my curve and when i got a hold of the storm i had to slow down because i click to fast.

that was a major non selling factor for me.

i have read many stories that people that owned curves and went to storms went back to the curves.

the storm is a great device if it is your first BB from what i have heard.
    03-24-09 04:04 PM
    Advice from a former Curver owner turned Storm owner turned Curve owner again:

Save your receipt.

Good luck. Hope your experience is better than mine.
    and make sure you change your avitar, lol
    03-24-09 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the input everyone!

Basically, TELUS offers a 14 day "happiness" period. So if I go, buy the Storm and discover that I don't like it. I can return it within' 14 days, get a Curve instead, and get the money difference back (in which case I'd just spend that on accessories!) ... I think that's what I'll do. I called the store that I plan on buying the Storm from to confirm that I can do this, and I also called corporate to verify this.

Sound like a good plan?
    03-24-09 04:15 PM
    Yea I had people tell me the same thing how they went back to the curve
    03-24-09 04:19 PM
    Just my .02 I have a curve-my bro in law has storm-i ckd it out and could not deal with 'virtual' typing/clicking-i prefer a real keyboard. I also lookd at the storm in verizon store again just for sh!ts n giggles-still can't get past no physical keyboard aft being so used to it over the yrs (ie.env-env2) BUT you may adapt well to the storm and love it! Def keep ur recpt for ur 14 day happy time. Good luck-hope it works out for u either eay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 05:09 PM
    I went the other way. From Storm to the Curve. All I have to say is I'm glad I did. I am waiting for the next one to Verizon however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 05:29 PM
    Good luck with the Storm! Hopefully you'll have fun with the screen.
    03-24-09 06:06 PM
    I had the storm for a few weeks, fun at first, but after pulling the battery 3 to 4 times a day and difficulty texting ( constantly fixing errors) and the slow reaction time of the screen to catch up, I had a enough of that.....got the bbcurve 8330, best phone ever, no reboots and superfast typing, love the quicklaunch app also on either device
    03-24-09 06:35 PM
    I tried using my friends storm and couldnt get used to it!
    03-24-09 08:07 PM
    Oh jeez, hope you have enough gas in your car to drive BACK to to the store and get your Curve again.
    I had the Storm and the multiple problems were so frustrating. I got my Curve about a week or so ago, and the only thing I regret is not getting rid of the Storm sooner. PM me if you'd like me to go into more detail about the issues I had (orientation, messaging, freezing, charging -i had problems with just about everything, and not just on one individual Storm).
    03-24-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD