Anybody know when BIS 2.6 is coming to Rogers?

Or could it already be rolled out? There is not yet an option to see the password on BIS sign in, so I am assuming it hasn't been upgraded yet. Any other way to know?

I'm excited for push imap gmail with better sync. Last time I tried BB imap gmail I had a few days of frustration: it started as push email, but then the email delivery delays grew longer and became intermittent, and some email randomly not delivered at all. I went back to push POP. So before going through that again, I want to make sure BIS has been rolled out on Rogers. It has apparently been activated on AT&T, TMobile, etc.

Many thanks for any info.
    03-23-09 09:16 PM
    Actually, it's out already.

All I did was log in and resend my service books and my gmail was syncing. Other posts tell you to delete and re-add your gmail account. Bah!

The show password feature is visible when you manage your accounts via your device. Go to Setup -> E-mail settings.

Hope that helps.
    03-23-09 09:45 PM
    Many thanks. Seems like it is indeed upgraded, as it no longer needs the gmail standard filter to stop your BB emails bouncing back.

However the first time I set it up not all the test emails came through, but I redid all steps, and now seems to be working. I hope it keeps working. Thanks again.
    03-23-09 10:40 PM
    Sorry for a stupid question, but What is BIS 2.0? I have set up my Gmail as a POP account. Seem so works fine for me. What is the benefit of migrating over to IMAP? And how do I go about setting up my Gmail on IMAP..Thanks
    03-24-09 07:21 AM
    BIS 2.6 fixed a couple of small previous gmail problems. Now you no longer need to set up a filter to stop copies of sent BB emails being sent back to you. Also now there is Push one way sync from BB to gmail. As far I could tell previously I had to choose from Push POP (no sync) or erratic delayed IMAP with one way sync. Small improvements, but very welcome. I hope one day soon, BIS gets to the OTA BES level of email and PDA (calendar, contacts, notes) sync.

You will know you have the 1 way sync IMAP gmail working if you open a message on your BB and it automatically soon becomes marked as read in your gmail.
    03-24-09 11:22 AM
    Hrmmm so it seems the fix for the bounce back email is in fact just a permanent imbeded filter, that blocks your own email adress, much like we all had simply set up before through the BIS filters..

I was hopping this would return the ability to send emails to self, since I wasn't able to do so before as I had to have the filter set up to block those annoying bounce backs, but now with the filter removed my emails to self still disapear into the great abis.
    03-24-09 11:54 AM
    You're right luc! I sent an email to myself and never received. That nakes sense.

How can I make that if I read a msg on Gmail have it ticked as read? If I read an email on my bold. it would tick it as read on gmail how can I do the same thing for my gl account.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 12:26 AM
    I still can't show my password with my phone.
    I still can't change my signature with my phone.

I don't see anything at all!

I posted on HoFo, but I can't seem to find the answer...
    03-25-09 02:56 AM
    I still can't show my password with my phone.
    I still can't change my signature with my phone.

I don't see anything at all!

I posted on HoFo, but I can't seem to find the answer...
    Same here. But to be honest I'm not really losing any sleep over it.

03-25-09 11:32 AM
    You're right luc! I sent an email to myself and never received. That nakes sense.

How can I make that if I read a msg on Gmail have it ticked as read? If I read an email on my bold. it would tick it as read on gmail how can I do the same thing for my gl account.

Thanks

Its still only a 1 way sync, if you read the message on your BB it will be marked as read on your gmail, but if you read it on your gmail, it will NOT be marked as read on your blackberry.

i think that's what you where asking..
    03-25-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD