I love my 8330, but the other day I decided it needed a little change to keep things fresh and sexy. The idea came to me a few weeks ago when I saw that a site was selling different color trackballs. I was immediately sold. There are those that just have BB's and there are those that can imagine life with their BB. And I have no shame in admitting I love my BlackBerry. Check out the pics. Let me know what you think.
    03-23-09 03:51 PM
    those do look pretty cool. a great site w some colored track balls is cnn.cn all sorts of bb stuff on that site. happy customizing my friend
    03-23-09 03:54 PM
    those look really cool were can i get one?
    03-23-09 04:12 PM
    i got one of those colored trackballs from ebay and it didnt work with my BB it was a lil smaller then my O.G. white trackball how does yours work? where'd u get it from? i would like one that WORKS with my phone lol
    03-23-09 04:41 PM
    I got a yellow trackball from cnn.cn for my curve. It looks pretty awesome and works just as well as the white one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 06:01 PM
    i got one of those colored trackballs from ebay and it didnt work with my BB it was a lil smaller then my O.G. white trackball how does yours work*? where'd u get it from**? i would like one that WORKS with my phone lol
    Looks good OP! I'm liking the yellow a lot! I've got the black one which works great*, but am thinking of trying a different color to spice things up even more.

Right now I'm running with the "StealthBerry" look....Black housing, keyboard, and trackball. I got my parts from a seller on eBay**. I'm guessing it could very well be the same person running cnn.cn. Their eBay store had pretty much the same items, plus some additional. The best part about the eBay seller, was shipping was free and everything was cheaper! I got the black housing (front w/lens, back, & bottom), black trackball, and black keyboard & keypad all as a "kit" for $45. I know that isn't exactly cheap, but it beats buying the parts individually or going the painted route!

My intent was to trick myself into thinking I have a new berry so I'm not as tempted to explore other carriers. I has worked so far. Now you all know my story...sorry I went into so much detail, but I'm kinda obsessed....like the rest of you...

edit: It looks like the same "kit" is available from the same seller for $29.99 w/free shipping...this includes the screwdrivers too for those interested.
    Last edited by bunsen; 03-23-09 at 06:22 PM. Reason: additional info...
    03-23-09 06:18 PM
    Real nice!
    03-23-09 06:19 PM
    I purchased my new trackball from cnn.cn/shop. The website is completely legit. It was on the front page of this site a few weeks ago. The trackball cost me $7.99 and I also purchased the black ring that was $1.33. Shipping was $5, my total was $14.32. It took a little less than two weeks to get here. The stuff comes from Hong Kong.

I installed it today and in the beginning I was a little disappointed. Movement up and down was normal, but left to right was a problem. It wasn't smooth and natural. But after leaving my phone in the bathroom during a hot shower things are perfect. Before I did that I took the trackball out and and put it back in, aligning it a different way. Maybe that and the steam loosened it up. But it's perfect now. Go figure.
    03-23-09 06:21 PM
    Those track balls look pretty cool. I love my bb as well and I'm not ashamed of saying it. I am always on my BB. But I do want one of them track balls tho
    03-25-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD