My BlackBerry Bold 9000 keeps losing signal and then does not conect with network,I have turn it off or take the battery out and reinsert battery so it restarts again and conects to the network.
    Any one had similar problems and what is the solution to that problem.
    03-23-09 11:02 AM
    is this O2 UK? I haven't had that problem. Whats your coverasge like? Do you connect using 3g?
    03-23-09 11:05 AM
    Have you tired upgrading the os?
    03-23-09 11:06 AM
    Is your network options set to 3G or 3g and 2G??...if its not set to only 3G then i suggest you try setting it to that and see how you get on with it.

Also its worth ringing up O2 and see what they say...you will get far more help with them seeing as they supplied the phone. It could very well be a faulty phone which doesnt hang onto the signal.

Another thing to remember is that you should also check with them and see what your coverage is like where you are...could be a weak 3G area.
    03-23-09 11:06 AM
    is this O2 UK? I haven't had that problem. Whats your coverasge like? Do you connect using 3g?
    No Actualy it was suplied by BT but I am using 3 network sim as it came unlocked which solved lots of problems for me
    03-23-09 11:07 AM
    what carrier are BT using nowadays for their contract phones? when I was with them, it was tmobile then vodafone (or vice versa) have you checked the phone with the BT sim in it?
    03-23-09 11:09 AM
    Have you tired upgrading the os?
    No I have not tried that as I dont know how to do iy?
    03-23-09 11:10 AM
    No Actualy it was suplied by BT but I am using 3 network sim as it came unlocked which solved lots of problems for me
    You do realise that as of now 3 dont have any blackberry tariffs...they will be offering them soon...unless they already do which in that case i apologise.

Could be a problem with 3...i thought u was with O2...it might well be worth upgrading to the latest official OS which is stickied at the top of this forum.
    I would replace the SIM card. I called my provider (ATT) and they suggested this. It's FREE. I was having a lot of dropped called as well as bad signal strength. Swapping out the SIM card worked for me 100%!
    check the upgrade link in my signature. It's a pretty hepful walk through
    03-23-09 11:11 AM
    what carrier are BT using nowadays for their contract phones? when I was with them, it was tmobile then vodafone (or vice versa) have you checked the phone with the BT sim in it?
    They are using Vodafone now adays,and i am getting same problem with BT sim In it.
    03-23-09 11:11 AM
    They are using Vodafone now adays,and i am getting same problem with BT sim In it.
    Sounds like if you upgrade the OS and it does not work, there is a fault with the handset. However, since its new, I would try contacting BT and telling them there is an issue. They should replace it for free.

But DO check if you are connecting only via 3G and not both first. Reaffirm the settings if you are then try again with both sims.
    03-23-09 11:13 AM
    Sounds like if you upgrade the OS and it does not work, there is a fault with the handset. However, since its new, I would try contacting BT and telling them there is an issue. They should replace it for free.

But DO check if you are connecting only via 3G and not both first. Reaffirm the settings if you are then try again with both sims.
    OK I will that a try and see if it works thanks for your advice
    03-23-09 12:00 PM
    OK I will that a try and see if it works thanks for your advice
    I tried it on 3G only.
    Tried it but still having problems,In the house signal fluctuates,and its low signal,which was not the case with my other phones,
    2nd,once its gone SOS mode meaning no network signal it still does not conect to network itself.
    still had to switch off and reinsert battery to get conected
    03-24-09 04:29 AM
    I tried it on 3G only.
    Tried it but still having problems,In the house signal fluctuates,and its low signal,which was not the case with my other phones,
    2nd,once its gone SOS mode meaning no network signal it still does not conect to network itself.
    still had to switch off and reinsert battery to get conected
    If this result was received with both SIMs, I would suggest a fault. Take it back.
    03-24-09 08:47 AM
    use to he the problems although not that frequent. I did the battery pull out and the sim card pull out.

The problems cure since than I know there is no logical explanation to that .
    06-11-09 04:43 AM
    My phone only experienced the whole EDGE to GPRS change. That agitates me but I deal with it. And I only lose signal when I'm in the most common dead zones. If its a occuring thing I would just do a wipe and reinstall with all the phone connections turned off. That will improve the radio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 07:21 AM
    My bold is also dropping signal. (after about 30 minutes)

It is doing it with vodafone, bt and 3 sim cards.

I bought mine off ebay a few months back, tested it and all worked (but only for about 20 minutes) then hadn't used it until today

Slightly worried now as I install the latest software......
    07-21-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD