having a bit of trouble with smrt guard it tells me in order to track my bold and do other features i have to add my native blackberry email account

my native blackberry account is a @o2email.co.uk

wen i try and add it it says it has to be an @blackberry.com or @blackberry.net

??

is there any way to sign up for one or is it best giving up on smrtguard?
    03-22-09 09:20 AM
    If you've not created one yet, you need to log in to BIS and create a BlackBerry e-mail account. Then you will have the address you are looking for.

The e-mail account you have now is different from the actual account the app is asking for. My native BB account [email protected]. I also have 2 other e-mail accounts tied into BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 09:32 AM
    That's just it though, on o2 in the uk wheb we create a native blackberry email via o2 it gives us the @o2email.co.uk extension. There isn't one that contains 'blackberry' unless we're missing something but I've followed the instruction as set out by o2 to set up this email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 12:54 PM
    yea your right china man. go to create an email account and it brings up the o2 account
    03-22-09 07:11 PM
    having a bit of trouble with smrt guard it tells me in order to track my bold and do other features i have to add my native blackberry email account

??

If your service provider do not have a "native" email that ends in blackberry.net or blackberry.com, we are adding service provider email to the list.

So far we are including O2, vodafone, tomobile. If you want yours to be added, check our support page, under TYPE 6:
    SmrtGuard :: Your BlackBerry Guardian

We will have a release today or tomorrow, so let us know.

Thanks.
    03-23-09 07:07 AM
    yea your right china man. go to create an email account and it brings up the o2 account
    Hey.. I'm still looking into it. O2 guy I spoke to didn't know, think I'll try again and see if I get a different guy. I've also posted it on another forum based in the uk see if that brings up any answers. Haven't seen you on there, give it a look it's http://www.berrylife.co.uk
    03-23-09 09:21 AM
    in email set up on the phone where you create your o2email.co.uk address, you can create a blackberry one too. Log in on your email settings screen with the usual o2email.co.uk username, go to email accounts and under the emails set uop with BIS is "Create a blackberry email address". I havent doe this but it should be what you need.

Edit... Oh I just tried it, see what you mean. My bad.
    Last edited by Danman1043; 03-23-09 at 09:29 AM.
    03-23-09 09:25 AM
    Yeah it does create the @o2email.co.uk - A collegue of mine has emailed O2 internally to enquire about getting the @blackberry.com extension added if possible.
    I would recommend a number of people email in online and this should then reach a much quicker resolution
    03-23-09 09:50 AM
    I just read through the SmrtGuards FAQs and found this...

TYPE 6
    The Problem

My network carrier does not end in blackberry.net or blackbery.com, what can I do?
    What you should do?

We will be adding other carriers emails into our list. So far we are adding o2 from UK, vondafone in UK. We have just added Orange from UK. Email us your network carrier with email subject "Type 6" and the email address that your carrier has to betasupport @ smrtguard dot com
    I also commented through the Blackberry app, awaiting reply and it told me to try the aforementioned FAQ. Fingers crossed people
    03-23-09 10:04 AM
    I had a problem with it too ... I put my native email address but when I click on Test or Audio Ping on my account ((on the webpage)) ... all I get is an email on my bb and that's it... no sound, no nothing ... any help?
    03-23-09 10:19 AM
    Because you added a new email account and didn't setup your profile for it. It's probably set to None.
    03-23-09 10:44 AM
    I didnt understand ... I corrected the email in my account
    03-23-09 10:57 AM

??

If your service provider do not have a "native" email that ends in blackberry.net or blackberry.com, we are adding service provider email to the list.

So far we are including O2, vodafone, tomobile. If you want yours to be added, check our support page, under TYPE 6:
    SmrtGuard :: Your BlackBerry Guardian

We will have a release today or tomorrow, so let us know.

Thanks.
    03-23-09 11:08 AM
    I didnt understand ... I corrected the email in my account
    In your phone profiles (Normal, Vibrate, etc).

The new email address is probably not set to a Tone alert, but rather "None".
    03-23-09 12:05 PM
    I had a problem with it too ... I put my native email address but when I click on Test or Audio Ping on my account ((on the webpage)) ... all I get is an email on my bb and that's it... no sound, no nothing ... any help?

mines the same way. i have added the native email and verified the email under account on the smrtguard website. it doesnt track my device on the map, no audible ping, all the functions just send me an email and nothing else happens....wtf! anyone got this to work? even the locate and track arent working...
    03-23-09 12:22 PM
    Works for me
    03-23-09 12:37 PM
    papped i'll try it right now .... thanks!
    03-23-09 01:22 PM
    mines the same way. i have added the native email and verified the email under account on the smrtguard website. it doesnt track my device on the map, no audible ping, all the functions just send me an email and nothing else happens....wtf! anyone got this to work? even the locate and track arent working...
    Magicman, if you just added this email to your BlackBerry, do a battery pull to reset so the new email can be pickedup.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks.
    03-23-09 02:20 PM
    It doenst work for me! I tried what you suggested
    03-24-09 01:21 PM
    actually it did! thanks!!!!!
    03-24-09 01:28 PM
    why do they have to make this such a pain in the ***
    08-21-09 12:13 PM
    hello
    i have the same problem with smrtguard
    how do i open a native email account?