***Update 4/22***
    I finally got around to putting up OTA (sorry guys, I've been busy)

you can find it here: Zelda 8-bit for 83xx os 4.5 - Themes Blackberry Software

OTA is Bottom Dock only.

be sure and check out the ringtones too, at the bottom of this post.

I always wanted to do an old skool 8-bit theme, and I love the Zelda series so... this is what came of it.

some features:

signal meter = heart containers
    battery meter = potion
    alarm indicator = stop watch
    message indicators = rupees

I used an emulator to play the game and get the screenshots and a few icons, one of the simplest things I've done to make theme elements lol.

tried to make it somewhat true to the original game, here's some shots:

Today:

OTA: Zelda 8-bit for 83xx os 4.5 - Themes Blackberry Software (Bottom Dock ONLY)

Version 1: Bottom dock - 6 user customizable icons
    Version 2: Today + Bottom dock with Messages (5 entries)
    Version 3: Today + Bottom dock with Calendar (5 entries)

I don't have a Today version with both messages and calendar because plazmic keeps messing up and generally being a thorn in my a$$ when I try to make it... so for now you'll have to choose between calendar or messages.

- I also added some ringtones, the dungeon theme (mp3), secret sound (midi) and a nicely arranged main theme (mp3) in the Zelda_ringtones .zip file.
    you can also find a lot of mp3s here Zelda Universe - soundtracks

feedback always appreciated
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-22-09 at 10:43 PM.
    03-22-09 03:13 AM
    This is awesome I'll definetly land this when your fully sorted. If you could get some sound samples for messages, ringtones etc to go with it it would be MINT.
    03-22-09 04:47 AM
    This is awesome I'll definetly land this when your fully sorted. If you could get some sound samples for messages, ringtones etc to go with it it would be MINT.
    already got those I'll be adding .zips with the songs too
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-22-09 at 10:43 PM.
    03-22-09 05:37 AM
    this is awesome. Great Idea. I can not wait to see the finsihed theme
    03-22-09 10:28 AM
    Love the idea! Can't wait till your done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 05:28 PM
    Freaking Awesome!

03-22-09 07:53 PM
    love it! nice work!
    03-22-09 07:58 PM
    ok, all done for now... I put up 3 different versions, DM install only for now. enjoy
    Last edited by ninja please; 03-22-09 at 09:38 PM.
    03-22-09 09:30 PM
    added a few ringtones too... they complete the theme.
    03-22-09 11:58 PM
    Man I absolutely love it...awesome job! I will enjoy this one!
    03-23-09 12:00 AM
    ok I thickened the buttons edges a bit, it looks better now... it won't show on the screens, I cba to take new ones
    03-23-09 12:25 AM
    Just freakin amazing!!!!
    03-23-09 07:44 AM
    fixed some strange bug from plazmic 4.7 (really not liking this program much), final version up.

still not sure why it's not letting me put 2 different today windows on there, it just doesn't work at the moment
    03-23-09 02:19 PM
    Amazing! Great work!!
    03-23-09 02:24 PM
    How did you get the battery, and signal meters? i have been wondering how you make them, so if you can give me any tips thatd be greatly appreciated
    03-24-09 03:35 AM
    How did you get the battery, and signal meters? i have been wondering how you make them, so if you can give me any tips thatd be greatly appreciated
    I made them myself, I took the sprites directly from the game by using a NES emulator and playing the game, then took screen shots and messed with them in Photoshop, pixel by pixel.
    03-24-09 07:29 AM
    I made them myself, I took the sprites directly from the game by using a NES emulator and playing the game, then took screen shots and messed with them in Photoshop, pixel by pixel.
    very cool...this theme is awesome...much appreciation...keep up the great work
    03-27-09 02:40 AM
    Now that's pretty cool, it takes me back to my younger days...
    03-27-09 09:19 AM
    you already had it, you smooth!
    03-27-09 09:40 AM
    I tried to edit my post but couldn't. One thing I noticed. On the call waiting screen, the text blends perfectly with the background. Any chance of fixing it?

03-27-09 10:29 AM
    Awe. Some. Srsly.

I love you?
    03-27-09 01:25 PM
    How do i Download these to my BB?
    03-27-09 03:08 PM
    How do i Download these to my BB?
    download the .zip file, unzip the files to your computer, go into Desktop Manager, make sure your phone is plugged into the computer, add the theme thru the apploader and voila.

thanks guys, I'm working on a metroid theme
    03-28-09 04:18 AM
    I tried to edit my post but couldn't. One thing I noticed. On the call waiting screen, the text blends perfectly with the background. Any chance of fixing it?

I tried other colors, but the white showed up the best. I was gonna stick another pic there but I really wanted that one in it... all the screenshots I've gotten so far it's been hard to get the right color to show up.
    03-28-09 04:19 AM
    No OTA yet? I think I'm gonna cry

03-28-09 10:15 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD