I always carry my BB in my pocket and totally freaked out after I spotted a couple scratches on my screen.

I purchased a clear plastic case which is ok but I love to have my BB bare.

Has anyone tried those screen protectors on sale in the CB store? I read some reviews and there were some issues regarding bubbles.

Is there anything else out there I can use. I'm paranoid about scratches but don't want anything bulky.

What does everyone else use?

Thanks everyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-08 08:00 PM
    if I were u I would order one from bestskinsever.com or invisible shield I don't have a blackberry but I have it on my iPod touch

02-14-08 08:08 PM
    I've been impressed with Invisishield. I haven't ordered one yet for my Pearl, but I used one on my PDA and it was fantastic!

invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    02-14-08 08:13 PM
    I have an inviibleshield and it's great! Much.better than the speck clear case I had earlier. It tool about an hour to put on. The protection so far has been A+

02-14-08 08:19 PM
    I just got the speck clear hard case from the tmobile store for $10.
    It works great. I really hate to have the big plastic case over my phone, but this one isn't too big. Protects the screen too.

02-14-08 08:20 PM
    RIM Blackberry Curve 8300 8310 8320 Total Body Skin fast delivery, cheaper than invisible shield for the same, if not better, quality. Its so thin, you can barely even tell its there, and it covers the entire phone! it was 8.99shipped to me, for a full body skin.thats 3x cheaper than invisible shield, and its the same exact material. and the directions are in pdf form, very detailed!!
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 02-14-08 at 08:49 PM.
    02-14-08 08:46 PM
    I got the rubber cover with my phone and my friend had left over screen protectors from her palm pilot all I did was use an exacto knife and cut it to fit my screen.

02-14-08 08:50 PM
    If you mess up installing the invisible shield type protectors can you remove them and reapply or do you just have to be really careful?
    02-14-08 10:11 PM
    Thanks for all your help guys. I checked out those invisible shields, might get one.
    02-15-08 01:00 AM
    I have the Best Skins full coverage skin and it is working fine. No scratches after four or so months although i do keep the BB in the magnetic holster that I purchased most of the time. For the price, you can't go wrong and it fits very well.
    02-15-08 06:34 AM
    What do you carry in your pocket that scratched the screen?

02-15-08 07:23 AM
    The best thing todo is to relearn yourself to keep your phone in one pocket and keep your keys, change, lighter, wallet, etc, in your other pockets. When I had a razr back in the day i punished my phone by keeping it in the same pocket with my keys.

Even thou i keep it isolated in my pocket i did somehow get a scratch near my end button. It's like you have to care for it like you're carrying an egg around!!!
    02-15-08 08:36 AM
    I use InvisibleShield - just the screen protector. It took no time to install and I just love it. I have also used them on my iPods and GPSr. Great protection and worth the price - I too HATE scratches !!
    02-15-08 08:39 AM
    Total Body Skin here, after a nice and slow install, my screen is very well protected now ( too bad I didn't get it earlier and had a couple of scratches )

Oh well. Waiting for movistar to get the 8320 to get one, I want wifi
    02-15-08 09:39 AM
    If you mess up installing the invisible shield type protectors can you remove them and reapply or do you just have to be really careful?
    you have to wet it with soapy water, its kinda like tinting a window. so you can move it around and get it placed perfectly, and then it dries. also, there will most definitely be a few air bubbles that you cant get out, they will go away after a day or so, and the water dries. mine is perfect, you almost cant even tell its on there!
    02-15-08 10:49 AM
    I'm gunna order BSE, but was concerned about the bubbles. You say lay it there wet, and let it dry and the bubbles will disappear, or do I squeegie (sp?) the bubbles out, then let it dry?

you have to wet it with soapy water, its kinda like tinting a window. so you can move it around and get it placed perfectly, and then it dries. also, there will most definitely be a few air bubbles that you cant get out, they will go away after a day or so, and the water dries. mine is perfect, you almost cant even tell its on there!
    03-18-08 04:52 PM
    I am using Fellowes WriteRight with my Blackberry.

I purchased it form Wal-mart for like $5.00. It works fine for me.

It has little grids in the plastic peices that allow you to line up the screen with the protector. All you do is look at what numbers are on the corners and then cut them out there.

I do have a ishield on my iPhone. I never could get the whole thing to cover it though.

I might...might order a new one for my Curve, don't know yet.

msblueline
    03-18-08 05:31 PM
    or do I squeegie (sp?) the bubbles out, then let it dry?
    bingo!

(this line has been added to have the required number of characters [rolls eyes])
    03-18-08 06:28 PM
    Buy a leather holster and wear it on your belt or get a clip-on case holster. You can carry your berry forward(screen up) or reversed(screen down) in the clip holster. Either way, no more scratches

03-18-08 06:39 PM
    I've put the Fellowes WriteRight screen protector on my phone too.. along with a gel skin protector

No scratches so far!
    03-18-08 07:20 PM
    I have the rubberized skin protector with a clear screen cover. The skin protector almost always get hung up in my pocket and the screen protector always seems to attract bubbles. Arrrgggg!!! I can't win.
    03-18-08 07:32 PM
    I also have the bestskinsever skin....

cost: $6.99
    Having your BB scratch-free? Priceless!
    03-18-08 07:58 PM
    I got the tiniest scratch on the silver part right above the answer/application keys ... so I freaked out & bought the Fellowes WriteRight screen protectors.

After anal-retentively (is that a word?) and carefully putting it on the screen - when it came time to take it off, it peeled up a chunk of the silver foil they use on the plastic where the scratch was, so now I have a little transparent view into my BB innards.

I do, however, faithfully keep a skin on it at all times, so the rest o it is pristine.
    03-18-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD