Does anyone know a good app for the BB to do SSH, Telnet, Ping, and Traceroute? SSH is the tool I want the most.

Thanks!
    03-20-09 09:02 AM
    I haven't found anything to do that myself, but I've been wanting it as well. As an alternative, you can use RDM+ to remote into a workplace or home workstation that has your SSH set up. It basically is the same as RDC, but for your BB. It's pretty cool seeing your entire desktop on a tiny screen.
    03-20-09 09:09 AM
    blackberry ssh - Google Search

I've used Rove (Idokorro) for years, great products, but pricey:

Rove - IT Administration Made Mobile
    03-20-09 09:13 AM
    Ok, there's MidpSSH, it's free and configured right just awesome!

MidpSSH | SSH and Telnet client for Mobile devices (MIDP/J2ME)

but I highly recommend you to use a modified version of it since the latest development build on xk72.com has some major flaws with ssh over wifi.

A wifi capable working version can be found here (OTA):

http://ota.deltatech.com.mx
    03-20-09 09:27 AM
    lazerus:
    I can't stand when people link to google. I don't want to waste time searching google. That's the whole point in the forum. I can sit here all day and tell people to search google.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I didn't think there was any good ones out there just yet. If anything, I'll try MidpSSH. Thanks SangreNegra for the links. I've used it on my Nokia and it worked fine. I don't want to RDP into any PC or Server.
    03-20-09 09:43 AM
    Thanks, I'll have to try MidpSSH
    03-20-09 09:50 AM
    A lot of us can't stand people that can't do an easy search on their own. There ya have it. Don't have to be nasty bro.
    03-20-09 12:19 PM
    lazerus:
    First of all I'm not your bro and I'm not trying to be nasty. This is a Blackberry forum. That's one of the reasons to have a forum. People ask questions about the device and other people HELP answer the questoin. Having someone search google for 15 - 30 minutes or even longer is not help. We come here for a quick answer. Hoping someone else has the solution to our problem because they are using the app, had the same problem, wants the same product, etc...

Like I said, anyone can chime in and tell the OP, in any post, to google it . Not very helpful.
    03-20-09 12:43 PM
    bl@ckb3rry - Give it up. Check the forum rules here. It clearly says you should search before posting a new thread or replying to a thread.
    03-20-09 12:51 PM
    Just to add to this, I put the following into google:

ssh site:forums.crackberry.com

And here are 2 of the links from just the first page.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ssh...op-apps-82171/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ssh...kberry-125441/
    03-20-09 12:53 PM
    lazerus:
    I can't stand when people link to google. I don't want to waste time searching google. That's the whole point in the forum. I can sit here all day and tell people to search google.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I didn't think there was any good ones out there just yet. If anything, I'll try MidpSSH. Thanks SangreNegra for the links. I've used it on my Nokia and it worked fine. I don't want to RDP into any PC or Server.
    Now that's lazy! Guebon....
    03-20-09 01:01 PM
    15-30 minutes to spend searching? Wow, I must be using Google totally incorrectly as I literally found hundreds of pages instantly on every possible SSH BB client out there including the one(s) suggested. I understand the need for a quick answer and some personalized conversation with crackheads here but guess what? You could have found the answer quicker just by searching. And exclaiming that you don't like people that post a Google link is somewhat offensive to many people here. Trust me on that one.

"I don't want to waste time searching google."

LOL.
    03-20-09 01:01 PM
    I guess he'd rather other people waste their valuable time searching Google for him, right?

We're not your secretary bro. Sorry.
    03-20-09 01:29 PM
    bro??? who you callin bro....bro!
    03-20-09 01:43 PM
    Bro...I was looking for someone who has used a specific app. I guess I chill out on Google Bro. What the point in asking here if I can google it bro. I think I'll start telling people to google in all my posts because google has everything bro.
    03-20-09 02:44 PM
    I gave you the exact google search terms an also provided you with direct links that talk about what you are looking for since you were being lazy. Get over yourself and realize that people are helping you out despite your bad attitude about it.
    03-20-09 02:50 PM
    Well, sure he could/should have looked it up on his own before asking, but nevertheless at least he hasn't asked "Hey there, I need a freaking ssh app for my sweet crackberry. Where is the download link?" hehe
    03-20-09 03:43 PM
    I guess he'd rather other people waste their valuable time searching Google for him, right?

We're not your secretary bro. Sorry.
    No, in fact I'm quite sure that what he *wanted* was *informed opinions* from people *in his target environment* about what he was asking about.

IOW: he's right, and y'all are overreacting. :-)

Seriously: "ask Google" is never a useful answer on a forum, unless the poster clearly has no clue, and my evaluation of Cr@ckb3rry (his silly handle notwithstanding :-) is that this is not the case, <appeal to authority>based on 25 years experience with computer-mediated online forums</appeal to authority>

Ok, now: go ahead. Prove you don't understand self-parody by ripping *me* a new one, too. ;-)

PS: *I* want a good network testing app as well. Why hasn't anyone written one yet?
    07-03-09 12:27 PM
    Wow....talk about resurrecting an old thread!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 01:10 PM
    Nah; that's only 3 months old. I've been known to exhume 3 *year* old threads.

:-)

I have a design for a network tester app in my head, but I'm going to either need to learn how to code for J2ME or BB, or find someone who already knows how, and pay them something.

Any coders laying around?
    07-03-09 01:13 PM
    Wow....talk about resurrecting an old thread!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Tell me about it. Get over it already!
    07-03-09 06:05 PM
    Mochasoft has just released a Telnet SSH version. You can get a 30 days trial from our home page

Maybe later, I will make a ping utility, as I have already sucha product for iPhone.
    07-18-09 11:04 AM
    BB10 has a native trace route client. It's in your Wi-Fi settings.

That said, it would still be nice with a native SSH app that's not trying to rip your off.
    04-20-15 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD