Hi guys,
    I just recently today bought a bnib storm 9530.
    I boot it on and there is no signing of Verizon branding nothing.
    Phone is unlocked i put my Rogers sim card in it i can make and receive calls and the pin works i can receive emails as well.
    Problem is i have on top of the screen Activation Required.

I have tried ##000000 and #111111 and i always end up with " invalid password "

is there anyother way to remove that?
    03-19-09 10:34 PM
    BNIB Verizon Storm while you're on Rogers, does not make it bnib. If 6 zeros doesn't work, hen you gots duped. Until you program something into the CDMA side of things, it'll continue to do that. Also, it should show a carrier logo on startup, regardless of what carrier it's from (Verizon or Telus).

Almost forgot. If this is a Telus 9530, they use unique MSL codes like Sprint does.... I think.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 03-19-09 at 11:08 PM.
    03-19-09 10:46 PM
    When i boot up all i see is the Blackberry Logo no verizon no telus nothing.
    I doubt it can be a telus one as telus and bell are not unlockable.
    my sim and pin is working.
    so do you know how i can get it to so i can remove the activation required?
    03-20-09 05:30 AM
    Can someone help me please.
    Im trying to get the MSL code so i can remove the Activation required off my unlocked Storm 9530.

I keep getting Unknown.
    Can anybody help me please.

I tried ##000000 and #111111.
    All give me the error Invalid Password.

My phone is a unlocked 9530.
    I dont know if its the Verizon version because whenever i power the phone on it shows only the RIM Logo and it says Property of Rim Engineering use only Not for sale or lease.

Any Help
    03-20-09 09:47 AM
    Something tells me you got a tester unit that is blacklisted at RIM. They did this to keep people from selling them off later..... Let me guess, bought it on Ebay?
    03-20-09 09:51 AM
    no not ebay from a local guy that i found on craigslist.
    He's got like 6 of them.
    But all my pin bbm and emails all work.
    03-20-09 10:15 AM
    I have uploaded my bin that i was suppose to find hte MSL # but i sitll cant any help please?
    Will calling RIM get me help or no ?
    03-20-09 12:36 PM
    Anybodyy ???
    03-20-09 08:18 PM
    Hey Bold!

I bought my Storm off a local guy on craigslists to and have the exacy same problem as you! Have you found a solution to removing the "ACTIVATION REQUIRED" notice at the top of the screen??

Please get back to me via email...[email protected]

By the way..are you located in the GTA..? Just want to see if we bought our Storms off the same dude..!!
    03-24-09 03:54 PM
    I have uploaded my bin that i was suppose to find hte MSL # but i sitll cant any help please?
    Will calling RIM get me help or no ?

hi
    u msl =482164
    11-14-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD