I Just want to find out. Do you guys lock your Storm every time you set it down or put it in your pocket like I do? or Do you put it in your pocket unlocked? If so does that cause any buttons to get pushed or anything. I just find my self Locking and Unlocking wayyyyyy to much and idk if its necessary how much i do it
    03-19-09 09:44 PM
    I have Autolock on mine so it locks automatically when the backlight dims. I did this because I was hitting buttons and pocket dialing/texting. Don't have that problem anymore. It doesn't even bother me to have to unlock it every time I pick it up.
    03-19-09 09:50 PM
    After 46 seconds of inactivity. 45 seconds for the backlight to go off, and 1 second for Autolock to kick in...
    03-19-09 09:52 PM
    I tried auto lock and i didnt like it because there would be sometimes when i wouldnt want it to lock and i would have to keep pressing the screen to keep it from locking
    03-19-09 09:52 PM
    i might try auto lock again but for those of you that have it do you have any problems putting in in your pocket before it locks or does it lock in time to not press any buttons?
    03-19-09 09:54 PM
    i lock my storm whenever it goes in the pants pocket or when being held/carried in a way where i don't want a screen press to be registered. i must lock/unlock my storm about 10-20 times a day.

i don't lock it when it's just sitting on my desk or resting in the cradle.
    03-19-09 09:54 PM
    i always lock it and unlock it and sometimes when im just chillin on the couch or in class when i put my phone on my desk and pretty much anytime im not putting my storm back into my pocket i leave it unlokced and its easier but most of the time i forget i left it unlokced so i hit the lock button but since its unlokced it locks it and then it pisses me off, so locking and unlocking is just a habit now
    03-19-09 09:55 PM
    I Just want to find out. Do you guys lock your Storm every time you set it down or put it in your pocket like I do? or Do you put it in your pocket unlocked? If so does that cause any buttons to get pushed or anything. I just find my self Locking and Unlocking wayyyyyy to much and idk if its necessary how much i do it
    I always try to lock it when its in my pocket.
    03-19-09 09:55 PM
    Mine is set to 2 minutes of no use or everytime I put it in the holster. I don't want it getting "lost" and the wrong person getting my data

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 09:56 PM
    Locked when it goes into the pocket

03-19-09 09:57 PM
    i might try auto lock again but for those of you that have it do you have any problems putting in in your pocket before it locks or does it lock in time to not press any buttons?
    What is auto lock? Is that built into the phone?
    03-19-09 09:57 PM
    Recently I have been putting my phone in my pocket un-locked, and upside down, this way the actualy buttons aren't in the crevesce (sp?) of the pocket and have less constant pressure. I started doing it because I have been getting lazy, but I have noticed that I NEVER have any random buttons pressed unless i accidentally put something on the phone.

(I DONT wear super-tights pants either... those who do might not have this luxury)
    03-19-09 09:58 PM
    I don't lock my phone and have never had any problems.

03-19-09 10:21 PM
    Locks after an hour of inactivity because of the nature of client data that I receive in email. Settled on an hour because during the day or a work night I'm using the phone enough that it likely won't lock but if I'm out there's a pretty good chance it's on me but not in heavy use.

Always holstered though so no need to deal with the pocket.
    03-19-09 10:23 PM
    Well, I always lock it when it goes in my pocket. For a while, I had a password on it because my phone randomly unlocks in my pocket occassionally, so it called my friend Aaron (first in the contact list, of course). So I put a password on it. Then my pocket somehow managed to press emergency call. I don't use a password anymore. If Aaron gets a call, he gets an apology text. [=
    03-19-09 10:26 PM
    I never lock mine. And yes, it goes into my pocket but I've never had any problems or button presses yet. Usually it's a coat pocket with keys, though I always make sure that the keys are not facing the screen. But I have looser pockets, and only had the storm for about 2 weeks. It also goes in a compartment of my briefcase with some papers, and no button problems there either. YMMV.

Mark
    03-19-09 10:34 PM
    I picked up the leather pouch (sorta like the other BB's come with) for my Storm from the Crackberry store and throw it in my pocket.

I don't lock it otherwise.
    03-19-09 10:35 PM
    I never lock mine.
    03-19-09 10:35 PM
    Well, I always lock it when it goes in my pocket. For a while, I had a password on it because my phone randomly unlocks in my pocket occassionally, so it called my friend Aaron (first in the contact list, of course). So I put a password on it. Then my pocket somehow managed to press emergency call. I don't use a password anymore. If Aaron gets a call, he gets an apology text. [=
    haha i've done that with alex. poor friends whose names begin with A.
    03-19-09 10:36 PM
    I lock it whenever I am not using it. Otherwise it clicks in my pocket and wastes battery life..
    03-19-09 10:50 PM
    the only time I lock mine is when I unintentionally do it.
    Otherwise I don't have a need to.
    03-19-09 10:56 PM
    What is auto lock? Is that built into the phone?
    I have same the same question....what and where is autolock?
    03-19-09 10:58 PM
    Usually whenever it goes into my pocket.

03-19-09 11:04 PM
    Ive just got in the habit of clicking lock any time i stick it in my pocket. Had a password for like the first week I owned it but got tired of typing every time i just wanted to quickly check a text while walking around work. Kind of hard to be discreet when you just got on to an employee for having theirs out and then have to type every time.
    03-19-09 11:16 PM
    I'm just like you I always lock it when I'm done using it

03-19-09 11:24 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD