I have never been able to log on to my yahoo messenger on my bb 8830. msn, aim works fine but not yahoo messenger. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app and every time I try to log in it tell me that I have the incorrect user name or password.

I am 110% sure that I have entered the right username and password and it just does not work. Tried resending services books...everything you can probably think about...

Any ideas?
    03-19-09 07:41 PM
    Does your yim pw contain any special characters or symbols? If so that could be the problem right there. I had a similar issue with my yim and my gmail acct I changed my pw to one with no special characters and the problem was fixed. Give it a try change the pw and see if that works. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 09:26 PM
    I recently had the same problem. After resetting my yahoo password, I then had to "re-validate" my email account on my phone (in email application settings). No issues after that.
    03-19-09 09:49 PM
    Thanks guys. Did what you both said and everything is working fine now. Well having a password with no special characters nowadays is a bit sketchy but hey U can't have them all right.

Yahoo messenger working fine.

Thanks.
    03-20-09 11:50 AM
    I've been having problem getting msn and yahoo messenger to work. It's now solved. Thanks
    03-20-09 12:59 PM
    No problem glad to be of some assistance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 07:01 AM
    Yep. Always happy to help.
    03-21-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD