I had this phone for couple of months... seems like everybody getting it now, I've customized it, kept up with Beta OS..... i'm getting bored now lol I hope the Blackberry 9900 comes out quicker... looks sick Touch and Keyboard.

UPDATED**** I notice a lot of talk about the iPhone. Personally this is the major reason I switch to the BB 8900. I had the Original iPhone. I bought it off Ebay for $400 Unlocked etc. It was still under the 1 yr warranty. Before I moved to europe last year the wifi went, so I went to apple store and got a new one .... while I was in Europe the touch stop working! I had to send it back to the US and it was replaced. When I got back to Canada... I sold this new iPhone on ebay for $600 lol .... point is I'm not 100% sure about touch screen phones after this I mean if the touch goes then what? (and I'm 100% careful with my phone lol... right now my BB 8900 has invisible shield, screen protector (didn't like orange peele ****), the OEM rubber sleeve ... and its in a BB Bold Leather portfolio case) ..... anyways point is I bought this phone its sick.. but I wish more 3rd party apps were on it (Free Wifi Calling like iCall .. or more games... I love BBM) ..... I decided to keep this and get iPod Nano for Music.. had the iPod touch but exchanged it
    Last edited by vikesh; 03-19-09 at 07:47 PM.
    03-19-09 04:04 PM
    After seeing Air Hockey, flawless RDP, working VPN, SICK file transfer over wifi on my Buddy's iPhone, I hear ya. The BB cannot compare in many ways. I can't out 'wow' my buddy's iPhone. I just can't. Youtube? Sucks. Games? BBTetris. Thats it. I know yer all gonna kill me for saying all this, but, our 8900 is still an antique. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BB. But, its still soooo far behind. Yes, the iPhone is a toy. Yes, the BB is for business, blah blah. But, after seeing Air Hockey, I'm jealous. So very jealous. But, I was more jealous of crystal clear youtube, crystal clear TV, perfect VPN, perfect RDP on a larger screen, and the ability to transfer files over wifi. I hate Apple products. But jeeze, the apps on the iPhone just blow the doors off our collective RIMs.
    Last edited by lazerus; 03-19-09 at 04:15 PM.
    03-19-09 04:10 PM
    Well it's a popular phone. No wonder why, it's got a lot to offer. I mean if you intend to be aimed at buying the latest just remember your bank will have to be able to finance such.
    03-19-09 04:12 PM
    i'd just get a touch if i needed a toy. It basically can do everything the iPhone can anyways
    03-19-09 04:15 PM
    After seeing Air Hockey, flawless RDP, working VPN, SICK file transfer over wifi on my Buddy's iPhone, I hear ya. The BB cannot compare in many ways. I can't out 'wow' my buddy's iPhone. I just can't. Youtube? Sucks. Games? BBTetris. Thats it. I know yer all gonna kill me for saying all this, but, our 8900 is still an antique. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BB. But, its still soooo far behind. Yes, the iPhone is a toy. Yes, the BB is for business, blah blah. But, after seeing Air Hockey, I'm jealous. So very jealous. But, I was more jealous of crystal clear youtube, crystal clear TV, perfect VPN, perfect RDP on a larger screen, and the ability to transfer files over wifi. I hate Apple products. But jeeze, the apps on the iPhone just blow the doors off our collective RIMs.
    I get crystal clear TV with SlingPlayer!
    03-19-09 04:27 PM
    I've got a 8900 and an iPod Touch; it is definitely the best combination! I like to keep things seperate, there's nothing worse than messing around on an iPhone either by playing games or watching Youtube to find your battery's dead by 2pm.

Besides I hate touchscreen phones! I've had tried the iPhone, HTC Touch HD and the Nokia 5800, all are just too cumbersome! There's nothing like banging out a text message on a 8900 in 10 secs flat one handed.
    03-19-09 05:41 PM
    Same here, I have both and like it that away! I buy apps on the itouch but maybe use them once or twice! Plus I took a nap once with my itouch in my pocket and layed hard on the screen and now it doesnt page scroll as easy. I'm two hard on phones, Ill just keep playing some xbox while listening to surround sound for media purposes and use my phone as a PHONE
    03-19-09 06:44 PM
    My touch is king for movies and music. I haven't gotten into games much. I like the browser too. Can't handle the iPhone though, I hate typing on that screen, it takes forever.
    03-19-09 07:03 PM
    Hmmm... I find this post interesting. Are we so desensitized that we quickly lose appreciation for what is really one of the best BBs out there? It does everything! I too, am a junkie when it comes to the "latest and the greatest," and I don't hide the fact that I am first in line for the next BB to hit the market. But come now... can't we be happy for at least a year with this incredible 8900??

I was just thinking back on the passionate posts a couple of months ago from Crackberry Addicts drooling over the reviews of the 8900 and dreaming of the day theirs would arrive on the doorstep. Interesting how quickly that passion faded into the sunset...
    03-19-09 07:06 PM
    I love the 8900, forget the iPhone.
    03-19-09 07:08 PM
    Yeah I really like playing with the 8900

And it is functional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 07:16 PM
    To each their own, but the 8900 rules. I'm interested on how the 9900 turns out though...
    03-19-09 07:24 PM
    As a communications device, the 8900 beats the iPhone everywhere. As a multimedia device, there are some grey areas, for example I love it when you just start typing in a song and it pops up, far better than flicking your finger all over the place. For movies and games however, the iPhone will always be king.

I do just wish that RIM would let Blackberrys stream higher quality Youtube feeds, then it would be perfect. Maybe a Youtube app might be a good idea!
    03-19-09 07:29 PM
    To each their own, but the 8900 rules. I'm interested on how the 9900 turns out though...
    I really don't know about the 9900......Yeah a touchscreen would be great but the screen doesn't look that big, so it might prove a little hard to navigate around webpages etc.

I still find the Blackberry trackerball as the best way navigate on a phone, it can be done one handed and doesn't leave greese all over the screen!

Also i'm sure that I heard that the info leaked about the 9900 was fake?
    03-19-09 07:34 PM
    I like my camera and I don't play games or watch YouTube on my phone, so I enjoy my BB for its calendar, email, and business like features.
    03-19-09 08:50 PM
    As a communications device, the 8900 beats the iPhone everywhere. As a multimedia device, there are some grey areas, for example I love it when you just start typing in a song and it pops up, far better than flicking your finger all over the place. For movies and games however, the iPhone will always be king.

I do just wish that RIM would let Blackberrys stream higher quality Youtube feeds, then it would be perfect. Maybe a Youtube app might be a good idea!
    Yes, Youtube on the BB is a far cry from Youtube on the iPhone. Not a big deal to me, but I would not mind if the viewing of Youtube videos on my BB was a better experience.
    03-19-09 08:54 PM
    Apparently there's word of a YouTube app coming when the Blackberry App World opens. Let's just live in hope.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 09:43 PM
    I got it recently and I am loving it - touch screens are good for flashy things like games - that is about it - I have had Windows Mobile professional and standard, the standard is much better in my opinon. The only use a touch screen can have is to easier select when copying *too bad the I-Toy can't do that even.* Other than that it is more about being flashy than productive. Look at the new HTC line-up; good phones, but what can you really do with TouchFlo?.. the new HTC Excalibur 3G *Dash II* will be much better in my mind... with 256Rom 200Ram and a 512mhz processor and WinMo 6.1 standard *which is close to the blackberry actually aside from bb not using active sync*.

But that is all subjective... to each their own.
    03-19-09 09:58 PM
    I will never ever use a touch screen phone. Even if the Storm reaches a better level of reliability, I will not use it.

One of the greatest Flash designers in the world that I used to work with was a classic snotty Mac God for many years. He finally switched to PCs a few years ago and hasn't looked back. I find it funny that in 1999 I had to buy him a $5000 top of the line Mac G2 or whatever the **** it was to work on or he'd quit. Now, hes anti Apple, go figure.

That said, I love my 8900. I loved my 8100 so much in October 2006 I even called my Dad and told him to get one because it was so "revolutionary". Its laughable to think that now.
    03-19-09 10:49 PM
    I'm using an 8900 and an iPod Touch. Simply great!

While the 8900 has lost it's "newness" with me, it fills all of my needs and I'm really happy with it. I have insurance on it and I plan to use it until 2 years end. I usually use my phones until my contract expires unless there is something seriously wrong with them.
    03-19-09 11:11 PM
    I love my 8900. It does everything I need, and more. It may not be as good as an iphone when it comes to applications, but I am not a huge fan of Apple to begin with. I have my Ipod Classic, and my Ihome, but that is it. I can't imagine having a different phone. I am perfectly content with my 8900, and I am still enjoying customizing it and I have had it for over a month.
    03-19-09 11:23 PM
    Well this is my 1st blackberry and I had it for about 2 weeks, and I am loving it!!!! I seriously cannot put it down, and I keep learning new things with it everyday ...so I guess I won't be getting tired of it anytime soon since I just recently got it. And not to mention I am not the kind of person (or should I say, can't afford) to get a new phone everytime something new comes out, lol....so I will be having my 8900 until my 2 year contract is up/due for a full upgrade.
    03-19-09 11:44 PM
    I've had my 8900 for a month now and I'm still as in love with it as I was the day the package arrived at my door.
    03-20-09 12:13 AM
    1. I phone battery life sacks.Its like having a great gun and you dont have amo.
    2. Camera and picture quality inferior to 8900
    3. Very delicate (drop it once and forget about it especially screen)
    4.Qwerty( do I need to say more)
    I phone reminds me of a beautiful stripper,awesome for an hour a day and headache and liability for other 23 hours. Now, if I needed phone for an hour a day iPhone would definitely be it.
    03-20-09 12:16 AM
    before i got the 8900, i was really contemplating between that and the iphone 2G/3G. right out of the box, 8900 was able to do more things compared to an iPhone. iPhone can closely "match" the features that 8900 offers, but you gotta jailbreak it first and then get the apps that you want.. it's a bit of a hassle, but i'm still curious in using an iPhone though lol.

I'm considering to get the iTouch, but is it really worth it to have the touch while I already have an iPod classic 80GB?? i guess by having the touch, it would just fulfill my curiosity of having an iPhone and playing with a toy haha..

so far my BB is great.. i still have to learn to type faster and more accurately with one hand lol
    03-20-09 03:57 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD