I don't know if it's something to be very excited about, but Verizon's pink Pearls have been out of stock for a few days now. They are almost done clearing out their old pearls making way for the flip .
    03-19-09 01:52 PM
    i hate flip phones which is one of the reasons i love my blackberry in the first place
    03-19-09 02:56 PM
    I don't know if it's something to be very excited about, but Verizon's pink Pearls have been out of stock for a few days now. They are almost done clearing out their old pearls making way for the flip .
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who's excited about the Pearl Flip for VZW!

I've been the only one talking about this device among my friends and family who have BBs. They think I'm weird for having so much anticipation for a Flip BB.

I think there will be a lot of BB Converts when the Flip comes out for CDMA in the U.S.
    03-19-09 03:10 PM
    It's a plus for those that flip for Flips. Not my cup o'tea, but nothing wrong with attracting more BB users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 03:42 PM
    It's a plus for those that flip for Flips. Not my cup o'tea, but nothing wrong with attracting more BB users.

This is true with the Storm. It wasn't really a traditional BlackBerry, but look at all the new users they got from releasing it.
    03-19-09 05:12 PM
    Is this a sure thing? Or just a hunch?

03-19-09 06:26 PM
    yeha I'm not into it either, but it's cool for other people (girls).
    03-19-09 06:27 PM
    idk! .........
    03-19-09 08:18 PM
    The Pearl flip really doesn't do it for me to be honest.
    03-20-09 12:56 PM
    Does anyone have an exact date?? I want one.!!
    03-21-09 10:39 AM
    yeha I'm not into it either, but it's cool for other people (girls).
    how is a flip blackberry cool for girls?

I am totally not a girl, and I am all sorts of excited for a pearl flip. I love the idea of having a flip phone again, with a suretype keypad, and having some sort of protection for my trackball. I am so paranoid about screwing that thing up, i constantly use that stupid lether pouch the phone came with, and my seidio holster when im at work.

With the pearl flip, I could pocket my phone again with little to no worry as to what might happen to my navigation source.

And if seidio makes a nice holster like they have for every other phone that is worth its salt, then I would have near the perfect solution for me.
    03-21-09 11:35 AM
    I'll be honest....I'm a new Blackberry user and was very hesitant about getting one. I needed it for work. I was using a Palm Treo and it was the biggest piece of garbage out on the market. I considered the iphone, but my company has a massive Verizon account. Now that I've had the Storm for the past 2 weeks, I can't put the damn thing down. I guess that's where the name CRACKBERRY comes from.
    03-21-09 11:41 AM
    vandebe, most people here know most of what i say is sarcastic and meant to be slightly offensive. Don't take me seriously, ever. With that being said, everyone knows that Pearls Are for Girls.
    03-21-09 11:55 AM
    If I was gonna get a Pearl, and I NEVER would, I would get the Pearl Flip. It is one sweet flip phone.
    03-21-09 12:05 PM
    I'm excited about it this it will be my wife's first blackberry !!!
    She likes the flip type phone. It's easy for her to handle.
    We are currently month to month with verizon, and I am hoping
    for a 9630 for big daddy (May?) early would be great also ...very soon...
    My 8330 is great but I am so in need of new phone.
    Almost switched to t mobile
    waiting for Verizon to get a new blackberry sorry storm users, I'm sure storm is great but I do not want the touch screen. I am crazy with blackberry addiction, can not wait to read it each day!!!!
    Thanks crackberry great site...love all the info...
    former dead head now older crackberry
    03-21-09 10:17 PM
    My wife doesn't like candybar style phones - too easy to have buttons pressed while in the purse. She loves having a flip phone. She likes the features of my BB, but doesn't want to be calling people when she puts her purse under her arm, so having a FlipBerry would be a good option for her.

...and then there was the time we were coming home from a band competition where I laid down on her purse (pre-flip phone) and called her mom at 3:30 in the morning. I think that was right before she got her Razr.
    03-22-09 08:15 AM
    vandebe, most people here know most of what i say is sarcastic and meant to be slightly offensive. Don't take me seriously, ever. With that being said, everyone knows that Pearls Are for Girls.
    fair enough. no blood no foul

i like my pearl quite a bit. I had a samsung i760 prior to it, so im much happier with the size. i might get that new 9630, thats just too sweet, and it seems to be about the same size as the curve, and that would be acceptable to me.
    03-22-09 08:34 AM
    I don't think a flip would be too bad it looks nice, and it would protect the track ball, I always have mine cased too because of the track ball, so afraid of it breaking, I try to never pocket or throw my phone in my bag w/o the case.
    03-22-09 05:27 PM
    At least now you won't be but.t- dialing!

03-22-09 05:33 PM
    Yeah dialing mistakes are a pain have to always remember to lock the keys, where as with a flip you don't. That was one thing I liked about my Env the keys locked automaticly after so long, don't know if my Curve or Peal has that feature hmmmm.
    03-22-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD