When I travel I bring one of those white noise makers with me as well as my all important Storm :-) Is there a way when I set the phone to charge and it goes into Bedtime mode with the clock to set it up so that it will play some sort of white noise in the background?

Just trying to travel a little lighter. I assume that I can find an mp3 of some static or something and set it to repeat but I'm unsure how to setup the phone
    to display the clock and play music in the background.

Any thoughts.

Thanks
    03-19-09 06:18 AM
    If you find an mp3 then just play it through your phone and click on your clock app to display the clock. The mp3 will still play in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 06:58 AM
    If you find an mp3 then just play it through your phone and click on your clock app to display the clock. The mp3 will still play in the background.

I didn't try that I'll try it tonight. Do you know if you can set it to repeat?
    03-19-09 07:04 AM
    in the music player you can have songs repeat
    03-19-09 07:39 AM
    Yeah, you can have it repeat.

03-19-09 07:52 AM
    Wowsers, you want to go to sleep listening to white noise? That's ...scary.
    03-19-09 07:53 AM
    It's mostly for those times when I'm on travel or in the past when I've had a loud roomie. Started in those college dorms when I always slept with a fan on to cover the sound of people in the halls :-)
    03-19-09 08:22 AM
    It's mostly for those times when I'm on travel or in the past when I've had a loud roomie. Started in those college dorms when I always slept with a fan on to cover the sound of people in the halls :-)
    I'm the same way, started for me when I was in the Navy. The ships props would put me to sleep. Now I can't sleep with out a fan running.
    03-19-09 08:49 AM
    I came across your thread in a search... you've likely solved your issue by now but for anyone else reading this there is a Built For Blackberry app to generate white noise that I use that works really well.

You can get it in BlackBerryWorld here: BlackBerry World - White Noise and it will work on your BB10 device (Z10,Q10, Q5 etc.) or PlayBook.

The feature you'll likely find most compelling is the sleep option to play for a time period and then fade out vs. play all night. Perfect for falling asleep.
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-02-13 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD