why is it when i'm on my tmobile network i can watch my youtube videos, but when i get on my wifi at home it doesnt work until i turn off my wifi. i have a blackberry curve 8900. help! IF YOU HAVE AN ANSWER OR KNOW HOW TO FIX PROBLEM CONTACT ME VIA PIN MESSAGE 24AB3E6A
    Last edited by t0nyt0n3; 03-18-09 at 07:46 PM.
    03-18-09 07:37 PM
    I haven't had any problems viewing youtube videos over a wifi conecction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:16 PM
    oh my gosh. I just got my blackberry curve 8900 on friday and this is exactly what happened to me! it gave some error... now the wifi wont work at all i tried turning off and everyting but didnt help. When i turn the wifi on from manage connections it just automatically unchecks the box after a few seconds. when i go to scan for networks it says unable to turn wifi on... cana anyone help me?
    03-19-09 12:00 AM
    oh my gosh. I just got my blackberry curve 8900 on friday and this is exactly what happened to me! it gave some error... now the wifi wont work at all i tried turning off and everyting but didnt help. When i turn the wifi on from manage connections it just automatically unchecks the box after a few seconds. when i go to scan for networks it says unable to turn wifi on... cana anyone help me?
    Sorry don't know about the OP's problem, however for you....it may be a hardware problem....not software. You may want to try and get a replacement. Before you do that, just upgrade your OS or reinstall the one you already have to see if that is the problem.
    03-19-09 12:11 AM
    Yeah.. Whoever solves this mystery is Genius ! Works on wifi, but not otherwise
    03-19-09 12:13 AM
    Yeah.. Whoever solves this mystery is Genius ! Works on wifi, but not otherwise
    Ok, you and the OP have opposite problems...meaning its a settings error....youll should both post your browser config settings to compare them and see what's different and what's the same
    03-19-09 12:15 AM
    Ok, you and the OP have opposite problems...meaning its a settings error....youll should both post your browser config settings to compare them and see what's different and what's the same
    ! Thanks for pointing that out we have opposite issues to the original poster..
    As for browser Config: i am set BB browser/BES as default: I have all this options checked out: prompt for java script, images, background, embedded media, I have support javascript unchecked. I mean all are default settings- there it goes
    03-19-09 12:32 AM
    Youtube works fine for me, both EDGE and WiFI/UMA
    03-19-09 01:51 AM
    ! Thanks for pointing that out we have opposite issues to the original poster..
    As for browser Config: i am set BB browser/BES as default: I have all this options checked out: prompt for java script, images, background, embedded media, I have support javascript unchecked. I mean all are default settings- there it goes
    were you being sarcastic???
    03-19-09 01:56 AM
    You know what, I have the same problem. When I try to play youtube off ot the wifi, it doesn't work. It didn't used to be that way. When I first got it, it was working, all of a sudden, like 3 weeks ago, I was unable to play videos wjile on wifi.
    It

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 04:01 AM
    Mine works fine on both WiFi and Edge.

YouTube did not work on some OSs so you first need to upgrade to OS 4.6.1.174.

Now you can play YouTube on WiFi if you set your Browser to Hotspot Browser.

To use EDGE, you need to set the browser to Internet Browser in Options, Browser Configuration.

Lastly, you should download and install the YouTube BlackBerry Launcher from here http://www.hostj2me.com/downloads/16...ouTubeIcon.jad. Go to the address on your phone and the app will download and install once you click the Download button. This will take you to http://m.youtube.com

If the OP wants to know the fix then, he must come here to read how to do it. I NEVER PM users with fixes from forums. I am not a secretary.
    03-19-09 06:10 AM
    I'm also having the same problem, my video would not play at all when I am using Wi-Fi

and yes i upgraded my OS to .174 and my browser is set to Hotspot

any help please?
    03-19-09 06:25 PM
    What's the error message? What happened step by step please?

Mine works great usimg either the launcher or by going to m.youtube.com
    03-19-09 06:28 PM
    Why is the YouTube video quality so bad over Edge? Is it the same over wi-fi? i have not been able to try that yet.
    03-19-09 07:10 PM
    when i upgraded my os it made everything work
    03-19-09 07:41 PM
    Ha! Well done.
    03-19-09 10:45 PM
    well i get the problem on and off dont bug me so much so i let it be. wasnt a problem the first 2 days of .174 so it could be hardware...
    03-20-09 12:28 AM
    I had this same problem on my rogers 8900. This was a very first run unit and I couldn't get youtube to work on either wifi or EDGE.

Here's how I fixed it.

I went into browser options> browser configuration, and changed browser indentification to firefox.

Then i went to youtube and loaded a video. It played perfectly, no more error.

Then I went back and changed the browser indification to blackberry and went back to youtube, it worked perfectly.

My friend with a Bold was also getting an error and did this, and it worked.
    03-20-09 07:38 PM
    were you being sarcastic???
    No, I was not. I do not need to be. I was thinking i had same issue with the gentleman turned to opposite and was giving you props for your keen observation/reading, so yeah there it was!
    03-21-09 12:55 AM
    I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'm having the same exact problem. This is a new T-mobile 8900 used in Boston and some times m.youtube.com is able to play certain videos, while others give an error message. At the top right hand corner is a green "Loading...", but I get "Cannot find web address. Verify that this web address is valid." This occurs on WiFi and on Edge. The odd thing is I was able to view it just moments earlier!!! I've tinkered with the Browser configuration and nothing really helps. T-mobile PDA support doesn't seem to know why Youtube access is an issue. Could this be a defective device?

Sometimes I get an "Error Playing" message and it won't load. And a video that I was able to play earlier too. I am so puzzled. Sometimes I get lucky and am able to open Youtube videos using Edge more than when using WiFi...but then again, I'll try to load it later and I'll just get an error message---without even changing any settings!

Does anyone know what the problem is?! This is very discouraging, especially for such a beautiful phone! The 8900 doesn't even have G3 and that's depressing enough for those devoted T-mobile customers like my family, but to have issues with loading or even viewing any videos from such a popular site as Youtube (or from MSN even) is just frustrating. Hope someone has some solid advice or troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Also, sadly even though the 8900 boasts a fast 512 mHz processor (something like that...sorry if my info is not accurate) I was able to notice significant syncing issues when playing a video I transferred from my laptop. I sent a Man Vs Wild episode (324 mb) to the 8900 and viewed it. It looks amazing on the 8900, sounds awesome! **Tangent: One huge plus for the 8900 is how super loud and crisp the sound is!** But the picture lagged at numerous spots and does not sync (or catch up) to the sound/narration. Worse is when you are just scroll with the ball...that seems disturb the video even more.
    03-21-09 05:27 PM
    okay so i upgraded my OS and the wifi thing got fixed.
    I still have the youtube problem though. It works fine on EDGE but gives an error on wifi...
    For browser config: Hotspot browser, everything is checked except allow javascript popups, blackberry browser ID
    03-22-09 12:46 AM
    I have decided to return the 8900. It is a beautiful looking phone, but it falls too short of things I'd like to do (and I'm not even an advance user). The keys are just a tad too close together so typing isn't as speedy as my 8700G. It's expensive, but very fragile.
    03-22-09 01:26 AM
    why is it when i'm on my tmobile network i can watch my youtube videos, but when i get on my wifi at home it doesnt work until i turn off my wifi. i have a blackberry curve 8900. help! IF YOU HAVE AN ANSWER OR KNOW HOW TO FIX PROBLEM CONTACT ME VIA PIN MESSAGE 24AB3E6A

Tha answer b4 mine is ryte about upgrading ur OS. If u r on the regular from tmobile then ur got like version 4.6.114 but noe there versions 4.6.168 which is wat i have on ma 8900 but there is a .174 out there just got 2 look 4 it. O and dont 4get 2 back up ur bb b4 u upgrade cuz u could lose EVERYthing
    03-22-09 08:15 AM
    Over Home and Hotel WiFi, I have no issues getting to YouTube.

Do you have a HotSpot Account or just normal BB Data?
    03-22-09 08:29 AM
    I have had every OS after the .114, exept the .154. I have the same issue to where it won't play on wifi, seems to have happend after the .168 upgrade I think.
    03-24-09 01:57 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD