I open up the desktop manager and go to the media manager section. It shows me that I have media already there (see screen grab) even though I never did this. But when I go to the media center on my BB. It tells me there's nothing there to play.

What am I doing wrong?

NOTE:
    I only want to add a certain amount of music because my collection is over 1TB so that sure isn't fitting on my BB (not the 8330 at least)

On a random note:
    The songs on that screen grab is a pretty sweet play list (that I've never made) I'd love to know how it did that, even if I can't play it on my BB yet.
    03-18-09 05:02 PM
    Dang this post rolled off the front page too quick!

BUMP.
    03-18-09 08:35 PM
    That list is showing you songs that were added to the Media Section of the Media Manager ... not to the Phone. No idea how they got there if you didn't add them.

But it doesn't really matter because your goal is to get them to the phone.

You need to have your phone attached to your computer and if you have a Media Card (and that's REALLY the best way to do it because you will run out of space quickly without one), be sure that the phone is in Mass Storage Mode.

Then it will show up as a SEPARATE ENTRY on the Media Manager file tree. Then drag the songs you want to the music folder on the card (or on the device).

A couple of points.

Once you get a Media Card, be sure to FORMAT it in the BlackBerry.

Be sure that the songs do NOT have any DRMs and are not protected in any way. Protected files will not play on the BlackBerry.
    03-18-09 08:44 PM
    How do you format the card?

And I have an even more basic question & I don't know where to ask: how in the world do I get music on my dang computer????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:49 PM

And I have an even more basic question & I don't know where to ask: how in the world do I get music on my dang computer????

What's the source of your music ? CD's ?

If so, you're going to want to look for a program to rip CD's into MP3's. Depending on what operating system you have on your computer (Vista, XP, OSX), you might already have something built in. Easiest way to try is put a music CD in your computer and see what comes up for options.
    03-18-09 09:23 PM
    Dude, Audioslave's "Cochise"??
    03-18-09 09:25 PM

Best way to format the card is on a PC.

Some popular programs for getting music on your PC are iTunes, Windows Media Player, Real Player.

iTunes is probably the most popular and it's free and easy to use. You can import CD's and gives you access to the iTunes store. Also Amazon has a download program that integrates with iTunes if you want to purchase digital downloads from Amazon. Blackberry Media Sync will sync iTunes playlists to your SD card.

Windows Media comes with Windows, but it's not very versitle.

I used Real Player until iTunes for Windows came out. Not a fan of it.

There many other more technical/detail players available.
    03-19-09 07:08 AM
    be sure that the phone is in Mass Storage Mode.
    Thanks MM.

It seems this is where I messed up in the first place. I have a 2GB mem card in there now. The first time I hooked it up to my puter w/ the card installed. It asked me about mass storage mode and I said no. The second time I said no then clicked the "don't ask again" box.
    Any idea onhow to get this setting back? I already have quite a few photos on there I don't really want to get rid of. But will do w/e it takes to get music on my BB

TIA
    03-24-09 05:28 PM
    How do you format a media card for bb?
    03-24-09 06:09 PM
    You insert the SD card into the computer then you go to My Computer > Drive X: (whatever it maybe) > right click > Format
    03-24-09 06:11 PM
    How do you format a media card for bb?
    Insert the card in your blackberry then go to options>media card>menu button>format
    03-24-09 06:21 PM
    On BB options/media card then mass storage set to on. Auto enable when connected set to yes.

If you rip cds with media player you should change the output to mp3 is is set to wma by default.

03-24-09 06:23 PM
    Thanks MM.

It seems this is where I messed up in the first place. I have a 2GB mem card in there now. The first time I hooked it up to my puter w/ the card installed. It asked me about mass storage mode and I said no. The second time I said no then clicked the "don't ask again" box.
    Any idea onhow to get this setting back?
    I already have quite a few photos on there I don't really want to get rid of. But will do w/e it takes to get music on my BB

TIA
    That's easy to fix.

From the Home Screen, go to Options, then select Media Card. Next to Media Card Support, be sure it is set to "On". And next to "Connected", select either "Yes" or "Prompt". Press Esc/Back and select Save.
    03-24-09 06:24 PM
    OK got that part.

Something is not right though. When I connect my BB to the PC vie USB. It shows that my media cards mounts properly. When I click on that drive, it tells to insert a disk into Removable disk. I tried right click>Explore as well. No luck. So I see the card, but can't access.

Would it be that big if a deal for me to plug the card directly into my machine and upload files then plug back into my BB?

At this point, I don't mind formatting or anything to get this doing what it should the right way.

TIA
    03-31-09 02:03 PM
    You can plug the card into your PC and copy that way. Also a good way to check and see that the card is actually formatted.
    03-31-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD