So how's everyone liking Pandora so far? I'm lovin it, it starts a little slow, but I'm sure they're overwhelmed with people downloading. And it is par for the course as Slacker was slow for the first couple days, and improved with some software upgrades. What are your Pro's and Cons?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 12:41 PM
    Some people have reported that it won't let them download because it thinks your in Canada(Blackberry servers), so use your MediaNet Browser to download OTA. Direct your medianet browser to Pandora.com.

03-18-09 12:48 PM
    So how's everyone liking Pandora so far? I'm lovin it, it starts a little slow, but I'm sure they're overwhelmed with people downloading. And it is par for the course as Slacker was slow for the first couple days, and improved with some software upgrades. What are your Pro's and Cons?

Classic, only available in the US. That's Slacker and now Pandora. GREAT.
    03-18-09 12:50 PM
    im ,loving it! one of the few things i liked about my iphone. it does start up really slow though.
    03-18-09 12:52 PM
    Classic, only available in the US. That's Slacker and now Pandora. GREAT.
    Sorry to break it to ya, but as it is now, any legit music ap developed in the US will be US only due to licensing rights. Pandora and Slacker would love to have a global audience to advertise/sell product to, but its not feasible at this point.

03-18-09 12:57 PM
    im ,loving it! one of the few things i liked about my iphone. it does start up really slow though.
    I like being able to multi-task while using it, and that it integrates into the menu options, so I can get to it from anywhere in the menu when its playing.

03-18-09 12:59 PM
    I am downloading and installing it right now...I love Pandora on my computer, I use it all the time...so glad they finally released it for BB. I won't have to use my g/f's pos iPhone for it any longer!

- 5min. later...I LOVE IT!!
    Last edited by rjkolo; 03-18-09 at 01:18 PM.
    03-18-09 01:15 PM
    Don't know why Tmobile isn't supported.. Downloading anyways.. Maybe I can trick it and use it on wifi.. will update..
    03-18-09 01:17 PM
    Don't know why Tmobile isn't supported.. Downloading anyways.. Maybe I can trick it and use it on wifi.. will update..
    Good luck...
    03-18-09 01:23 PM
    So far it is great. I also love this on my home computer and slimdevice box at home. Glad they put it out for Blackberry. Have it on my Bold and have no issues. Ditching Slacker now.
    03-18-09 01:24 PM
    I have created two different stations and I like it so far except for 1 issue. I don't like to wear headsets and when I try to listen to it without the headset the sound comes through the ear piece and not the speakers. Is there a way to fix that?

03-18-09 01:24 PM
    I have created two different stations and I like it so far except for 1 issue. I don't like to wear headsets and when I try to listen to it without the headset the sound comes through the ear piece and not the speakers. Is there a way to fix that?

You should be able to fix it. While its playing press the blackberry button(with the dots) and click on Activate Speakerphone

Hope that helps

03-18-09 01:28 PM
    You should be able to fix it. While its playing press the blackberry button(with the dots) and click on Activate Speakerphone

Hope that helps

Thanks for your response, but that isn't one of the options for me. I only have bookmark, why song and shutdown options there. Anything else I can try?

03-18-09 01:39 PM
    i which it can be available in canada
    03-18-09 01:43 PM
    Liking it, except for the audio quality compared to Slacker...
    03-18-09 01:44 PM
    Yeah, I agree with the other comments about audio quality. Slacker seems much better. I haven't made a decision yet. I'm still playing with both to see which will stay...
    03-18-09 01:48 PM
    Can't seem to get it working with tmobile... If anyone does... Let me know!

03-18-09 02:02 PM
    Yeah, I agree with the other comments about audio quality. Slacker seems much better. I haven't made a decision yet. I'm still playing with both to see which will stay...
    Really? The quality on mine is the same as Slackers. Are you guys in 3G coverage?

03-18-09 02:20 PM
    Liking it, except for the audio quality compared to Slacker...
    I need to hook it up in my car to really test it the quality. I dont think this will over take Slacker for me. We'll see.
    03-18-09 02:28 PM
    Really? The quality on mine is the same as Slackers. Are you guys in 3G coverage?

It's NOT the connection type. That doesn't even affect audio quality.

Trust me, the audio quality is far, far lower than Slacker... That's why it buffers so fast. Hook it up to a good system, listen to several songs on a decent volume, and prepare for a distortion-fest (especially on the highs)... My car's audio system isn't even exactly superb, yet I can still hear it very easily.
    03-18-09 02:38 PM
    Oh yeah, and the volume equalization is way worse than Slacker. I end up blasting a song a lot more because the previous one was too quiet.
    03-18-09 02:42 PM
    damn, im on an unlocked Rogers bold and it said licensing failure.
    03-18-09 03:21 PM
    It's NOT the connection type. That doesn't even affect audio quality.

Trust me, the audio quality is far, far lower than Slacker... That's why it buffers so fast. Hook it up to a good system, listen to several songs on a decent volume, and prepare for a distortion-fest (especially on the highs)... My car's audio system isn't even exactly superb, yet I can still hear it very easily.
    I've only used it on speakerphone on my device, which is why it must sound the same to me.

03-18-09 03:47 PM
    I'm on Claro, Puerto Rico and d/loaded and am using as I write. I have been using Slacker for quite long too. Sound quality on Slacker is superior. The program I have not been able to make it work is the iHeart. I just hit play and nothing happens.
    03-18-09 03:51 PM
    I just downloaded it. It's great, so far! I couldn't get past the name "Slacker", so I never bothered with that one. I just hope it doesn't bleed my phone memory dry.
    03-18-09 04:02 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD