reply to text messsages without the original message appearing under my reply. ive gone into all of the options/setting and CANNOT figure this out.

help???

03-18-09 08:33 AM
    It will always be there unless you start a new message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:42 AM
    It's normal, it will only send your reply, not the other messages under your reply.
    03-18-09 08:45 AM
    And to think... most people complain that threaded SMS is not available on Blackberries.
    03-18-09 09:34 AM
    And to think... most people complain that threaded SMS is not available on Blackberries.
    lmfao!

wait, we have breaking news from the front lines:

my roflcopter just had to make an emergency landing after this one. too many rofl per minute (rpm) which overheaded the conducter unit, blew a gasket. rest assured we have our best men working to resolve the situation to get it back up and running. and by men i mean mudkipz.
    03-18-09 09:51 AM
    JR... glad I ran into you. Along the lines of this topic, is there a way to change ALL the ringtones at once to the same ringtone for everyone in my contact list? Set Ringtone/Alerts and Set Contact Alerts don't do it.
    03-18-09 09:55 AM
    JR... glad I ran into you. Along the lines of this topic, is there a way to change ALL the ringtones at once to the same ringtone for everyone in my contact list? Set Ringtone/Alerts and Set Contact Alerts don't do it.
    Kinda hijacked the thread there... didn't you. Anyway, you cannot set a custom tone for more then one address book entry at one time. But you can set the default one if it's going to apply to everyone anyway. Go into Media Player and Ringtones and then pick a tone and Set it as Ringtone. This is the normal way to change the default tone for the ringer. Once this is done, this will ring for anyone unless a custom one is set per user within the contact entry.
    03-18-09 10:10 AM
    Niice!

So you get to see what you're replying to, instead of having to remember or exit and relook. Yay.

I like this!
    03-18-09 01:39 PM
    there is a way to turn it off so you can actually choose how many

go to options -> SMS Text, and change "number of previous items" to 0, or 1 if you want the last message that was sent to you.
    03-18-09 05:19 PM
    I've never seen it do that... Weird

03-18-09 05:23 PM
    Yup. If I receive a text message and reply, the received message is under my reply.

03-18-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD