Ok coming from a business background I am a little skeptical of Sprint's ideas of getting themselves out of backrupcy threat. I cannot remember the site, but about a month back during an interview with Dan (the Man) a reporter brought up the fact that Sprint Blackberry useres make up over 37% of customer base while all other smartphones combined make up on around 16%. That is a significant difference! So.....I ask of those business educated people on CB......Why is Sprint doing releasing two Palm's (ok the pre I understand), 2 HTC's, a smaller version of the crapiest phone ever (Instinct), a mini Q (produced by Sanyo....not really moto Q but looks like it), a new ACE model and finally 1 single Blackberry release! (Roadmap found here Leaked Sprint Roadmap Shows BlackBerry Niagara For Q3 2009 | BerryReview.com �)

Thinking in logical terms, pleasing the customers should be first right? Better customer service would be a great start to dump some remaining funds. Then get with RIM and get some new devices. With 99 and 189 plans that include everything I know there are customers out their with other companies just because of the CS and Phone lineup issues. Come on Sprint listen to some of these complaints and take some good action. 37% is a lot, but I bet it will go down if you keep putting off new releases.

What do you guys think? or or

Unlike other posts please don't come on here and start bashing one another. I had another posts that now has over 2,500 hits and it is because a couple people got affended by posts and starting bashing each other. We love our phones, some more than others, but there is no reason to start judging people's life based on it. That is like saying people with Harley's, Corvettes or any other product that has an avid following have no lives. We all do, we just choose to use the BB's as a release.
    03-18-09 05:50 AM
    Totally agree. Its like Sprint is trying to drive the market, and not let the market dictate its path. Hey Sprint, you only get to drive the market when you own the market or possibly if you are the market leader. You have neither. Your in 3rd and losing subs. If 37% of customers use BB, and smartphone market is growing, then thats where your focus should be.

I'm still amazed that BB has been pimping the BIS based BBM service to kids. When I started using it I was amazed with how good it is. Totally blows txting away and you can chat with multiple people at once. Teenagers would beg parents for that if they knew they could do it and a lot of their friends were getting them. Plus @ $99 the Curve is no more expensive than a regular phone. Sprint should get in a marketing agreement with Blackberry to try to convince kids to use them with their Everything Family plans. I plan on getting my kids BB next go around because the service is included and I can BBM them from overseas when on Travel and have reliable communication with them (overseas txting sucks).
    03-18-09 07:38 AM
    Funny I was an intense BBM conversation with a friend about this very same subject over the last 2 days ...I mean no one can deny the Sprint Curve was out of stock for months because it was so popular and Sprint didnt take the track record to heart and use the Crackberry popularity to its advantage.

For me I have been Sprint over 7 years. I think their network is great, plans like the SEP provide excellent value, but their device lineup for a Crackberry head sucks... Many of my family are on Sprint and I am one of the lucky ones to have the $95 family plans with 2 free bb plans so I would be paying a good $125- $150 to take all 4 of my lines to ATT...but I have to admit if my pricing wasnt so good I would have left Sprint when the Bold was released. I still dream of the Bold to this day because I have a son who works for ATT and he offered to give me one of his employee lines to use and even WON a bold from a in store contest...

Anyway Sprint left it clear their focus is the Palm Pre and thats it. Fine I will wait for my NIAGARA but it will be hard as **** because if Verizon gets it MONTHS before Sprint I think Sprint will come out again looking like they dont really know what their users want ...I just hope the Pre doesnt bomb like the Instink did....

Sprint hasnt even cashed in on the current line up...They should have done a BOGO sale a long time ago for the BB Pearls and Curves...
    Last edited by MsRandall; 03-18-09 at 07:57 AM.
    03-18-09 07:42 AM
    Well you speak of "business educated"...well, I get my Business Management degree in December (thank God!!!). As far as Sprint goes on a business view, they're doing horribly. 37% of customers have BB's. Now, if you're all like me, once you get a BB, that's all you'll ever want again. I can't go to any other smartphone after I've had my 8830 WE. So that means, I'm not going to purchase any of the crap they're selling, even the Pre. I WANT a Niagara. Plain and simple. But they're not giving its largest user base what they want. That's like the Brewers coming to play the Yankees (God I can't stand them!)...and at Yankee Stadium, 85% of the hats they're selling are Brewer hats sure, some people are Brewer fans. But the amount of sales they could have had if they looked at it from a business standpoint and instead, had 90% Yankee hats, would have be tremendous. Moral of the story...give the customers what they want, and they'll stay
    P.S. Good Lord I didn't know this was that long...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:43 AM
    someone forward this thread to dan (the man) plz

niagara ftw!
    03-18-09 08:54 AM
    I posted this in another forum and trust me, I'm not trolling!!!

Agent: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
    You: where is the 8330 Curve?
    Agent: We do not have that phone available online anymore.
    Agent: Let's move this chat to the bottom of the window. It will be out of the way and I can stay with you in case you have any questions or any concerns. Just click on the "Yes" button below and we can continue. <a href="asfunction:goToPersistentChat,/assets/scripts/inq/inqChat.html?height=160&place=S&surveyID=55&sX=200 &sY=100&clientID=154&cID=06444%26%26C39373434303B3 2303" target="_blank"></a>
    Agent: You have better options in place of 8330 curve.
    Agent: Thank you!!
    Agent: Are you a current Sprint customer or setting up your service for the first time?
    You: Is the release of the BB 9630 coming soon?
    Agent: I am sorry, we do not have any information regarding pre release.
    Agent: You can have BlackBerry Curve 8350i Smartphone in place of 8330.
    Agent: It almost same.
    You: I don't need a bulky PTT Nextel phone. Are you saying the 8330 was discountinued?
    Agent: Yes, it is no more availabe.
    Agent: available**
    Agent: It is almost same in every thing.
    You: Thanks. I was looking to upgrade a Moto KRZR with a Curve, but since it isn't available, I will need to wait. thanks.

Essentially, I have 2 lines one has a curve and the other has a Moto KRZR that has been replaced twice in the last 6months. The 8350i is an upgrade IF you want PTT and a bulkier phone.

I read on this sight that all Curves were "pulled" from all channels to load OS 4.5 on them. The chat rep seems to think or know the Curve is discountinued?
    03-18-09 09:33 AM
    You know i agree 100% i just posted a thread about the phone difference. but in all Sprint really needs to get its act together. just like their plans I'm looking at them right now how could you get dc unlimited on a individual plan but if you want a family plan so everyone can dc all day it cost $10 each line. wth is this? It's like Gov said 37% wow never knew that but if the other guys plans were this affordable i would of switch in a heartbeat also. also here's another penny for your thought how about their broadband plans what a joke how can you charge overage for using the internet then charge $50 bucks! i have dsl here at home and i just found out from AT&T that they'll give me a broadband card link it to my service and only charge me an additional $10 bucks for the card a month now thats a plan i was trying to put everything on a bundle trying to make sprint my one stop for EVERYTHING like they say my phone and internet but i guess not . ijust hope they really get it together because if not i'll just pay my early term fee and go to boost lol. come Dan listen right now in this crisis we need some understanding. why cant the bb 8350i have 3g speed i mean we're paying for it right? and yet i cant have all the features of our plans cause of some small issue like iden. i mean i just a phone for a family member and her phone had driving mode where whne you get a message it actually plays it for you so you dont have to read it or even look at your phone this phone only cost me $50 bucks but my bb cost $189 and i dont even have this something is really worng here dont you think. anyways thats my take to this thread cool thread by the way.
    03-19-09 01:08 AM

Agent: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
    Agent: Let's move this chat to the bottom of the window. It will be out of the way and I can stay with you in case you have any questions or any concerns. Just click on the "Yes" button below and we can continue. <a href="asfunction:goToPersistentChat,/assets/scripts/inq/inqChat.html?height=160&place=S&surveyID=55&sX=200 &sY=100&clientID=154&cID=06444%26%26C39373434303B3 2303" target="_blank"></a>
    Agent: Are you a current Sprint customer or setting up your service for the first time?
    You: I don't need a bulky PTT Nextel phone. Are you saying the 8330 was discountinued?
    You: Thanks. I was looking to upgrade a Moto KRZR with a Curve, but since it isn't available, I will need to wait. thanks.

Essentially, I have 2 lines one has a curve and the other has a Moto KRZR that has been replaced twice in the last 6months. The 8350i is an upgrade IF you want PTT and a bulkier phone.

I read on this sight that all Curves were "pulled" from all channels to load OS 4.5 on them. The chat rep seems to think or know the Curve is discountinued?
    check back on the sprint site...just looked and its on there again, but is currently out of stock..you can sign up to get notified when its back
    03-19-09 01:54 AM
    Yeah back on the site but out of stock. Best Buy in NY had curves in stock if you want one right now.
    03-19-09 09:01 AM
    sprint might have 37% bb users on it's network and 16% mixed between other smart phones.

Why do you think their pushing the palm pre so hard. because their trying to entice other users back to sprint, majority of the people i know that left sprint was not because of service, Because lack of MMS and Variety of Devices to choose from.

Yes we all know Sprint lacks in speed when it comes to releasing devices, but you must remember if you want a decent phone that was formerly a GSM phone you have to wait for it to be revamped for the CDMA community, while verizon might get a so called device prior to sprint, but theirs major differences internally to the chipsets, as far as verizon is concerned alot of their phones are dual band gsm/cdma and majority of sprints are strictly cdma, nextel is the exception with gsm/cdma phones
    03-19-09 09:14 AM
    Ummm. I just checked my local zip code (46801)and it shows the 8330 which appears to be in stock. Also it never vanished from the site for my area as others have reported for different parts of the country.
    03-19-09 09:17 AM
    check back on the sprint site...just looked and its on there again, but is currently out of stock..you can sign up to get notified when its back
    I just noticed that as well!!

Still, after getting the Curve after everyone else, and it being since April/May 2008 since Sprint Launched a BB, I can undertsnad why many of us are hesitant to pull the trigger on a purchase right now!
    03-19-09 09:49 AM
    Also, I posted my chat log to demonstrate what many call mis-information from Sprint Employees.

At the time I went there, none were availaible and all mention of the 8330 was removed. As other suggested, why not just put out of stock instead of having employees tell cutomers it was replaced with the 8350I that is much better? Telling the customer "check back in a few days when stock is scheduled to be replaced" is a much better answer! IMHO!
    03-19-09 09:55 AM
    Quick question - off subject depending on what the subject of this thread actually is.

Any of you guys here Sprint shareholders?
    03-19-09 10:37 AM
    03-19-09 11:17 AM
    I am a sprint share holder

I have to say dan is in a better boat than the previous ceo who didn't care about CS and phone selection. All he cared about was wimax.
    As you can see in the past year or two dan has gotten the company to release a lot cooler phones than they had.
    He has the rite mindset but he also has 53% of other non pda customers to deal with.
    From a buisness stand point I would try to get more people to the pda side because you make more money on data services and such.
    I have to blame reps for some of this as well. I believe they could easily sell a sep with a BB anyday. Most people think you have to still pay extra with a sep for a BB.
    I was getting my fiancee's rumor replaced at a store last week and they sold a family sep with 4 lines to a couple all with that damn rant phone.
    If they explained more that the BB cost almost the same and has a lot more capability than we may have had more of a percentage of bb users on our hands and they would concentrate on us.

I personally like where dan is going but with a little more direction he will have this company looking pretty good

That's just my 2 cents though

03-19-09 11:23 AM
    sprint might have 37% bb users on it's network and 16% mixed between other smart phones.

Why do you think their pushing the palm pre so hard. because their trying to entice other users back to sprint, majority of the people i know that left sprint was not because of service, Because lack of MMS and Variety of Devices to choose from.

Yes we all know Sprint lacks in speed when it comes to releasing devices, but you must remember if you want a decent phone that was formerly a GSM phone you have to wait for it to be revamped for the CDMA community, while verizon might get a so called device prior to sprint, but theirs major differences internally to the chipsets, as far as verizon is concerned alot of their phones are dual band gsm/cdma and majority of sprints are strictly cdma, nextel is the exception with gsm/cdma phones
    Yeah, basically this is the reason. They NEED customers to come back to Sprint, not so much just maintaining existing customers. And pure CDMA band phones will always be the redheaded stepchild of phone releases due to most of the world being GSM + the reasons kingakuma listed above.

This is why I wouldn't expect some "huge turnaround" in new device release speeds that generally start off as GSM, unless they are made specifically for Sprint.
    03-19-09 12:37 PM
    I think sprint should release a sprint only blackberry. It would drive a lot of customers to sprint like the iphone did with at&t, and the storm did with verizon. There are a lot of crackberry addicts out there that would go to sprint for the exclusive bb. Just my opinion

03-19-09 01:59 PM
    I totally agree with the fact that sprint is known for getting devices last. I look at that as a good thing usually, this way all the ins and outs are worked out of the device before it reaches us. I have been a loyal sprint customer for 8 years and i am happy with they way they have been going to be honest. Granted they could use some work in some areas but hey i have 4 berrys and just picked up the Touch Pro and am very happy on the smartphone front. Yes they do need to focus more on boards and seeing what customers want and driving their business in that direction but who knows what the future may hold. But im hoping the niagara will possibly reach us before Q3, got my fingers crossed lol.
    03-19-09 02:13 PM
    I think sprint should release a sprint only blackberry. It would drive a lot of customers to sprint like the iphone did with at&t, and the storm did with verizon. There are a lot of crackberry addicts out there that would go to sprint for the exclusive bb. Just my opinion

Exclusive? How and Why? Seriously, there isn't anything that Sprint could do to a BB that would give it that exclusive feeling.

If Sprint really wanted to bring customers BACK and gain new ones, they could lower the cost of SEP. I mean, you have these little companies like MetroPCS and BOOST mobile that offer everything UNLIMITED for $50.

Sprint may want to take a look at that!
    03-19-09 05:25 PM
    Little companies though. They have less employees to pay and less ocf.
    I think it would be a good idea to bring an exclusive BB to sprint. Look at all of the people wanting the bold.
    Everybody always says metro and boost have sheaper plans but I honestly don't think they are worries in sprints eyes. They want to concentrate on the other 2 companies that are ahead of them and as the sep goes they are a lot cheaper.

If we got something exclusive like the storm or bold I think that would be a great thing, but instead we are stuck with palm's and htc's yay.

03-19-09 07:53 PM
    Exclusive? How and Why? Seriously, there isn't anything that Sprint could do to a BB that would give it that exclusive feeling.

If Sprint really wanted to bring customers BACK and gain new ones, they could lower the cost of SEP. I mean, you have these little companies like MetroPCS and BOOST mobile that offer everything UNLIMITED for $50.

Boost Mobile is owned by Sprint and offers a very limited number of phones. Metro PCS isn't nationwide and is horrible in rural areas. Let's be realistic. No other major competitor has anything that is comparable to Sprint's SEP for $99. Best value by far is the Everything Data and 450 mins for $69. I want a new BB just as much as the next Crackberry-head, but I realize the reality of the situation. BlackBerry's priority is the GSM market not CDMA. (Storm is the asterisk) Sprint's focus seems to be on gaining new customers with new products and keeping existing customers happy with low prices.
    03-19-09 08:28 PM

I read on this site that all Curves were "pulled" from all channels to load OS 4.5 on them.
    I still believe that is the case.
    03-19-09 08:32 PM

That would be a good idea for Sprint to that, but I do not think they will.
    03-19-09 08:33 PM
    Except Boost is owned by Sprint, so it's not a threat in an sense of the word.

03-19-09 08:40 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD