OK, I give......i somehow turned off the external speaker. How do i turn it back on?
    03-17-09 04:31 PM
    Hit your bb button while in an app that uses sound and activate speaker phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 04:53 PM
    Thanks, but what about mms messages?
    03-17-09 05:00 PM
    i am having this same problem i am getting no sounds from my external speaker. the headset speaker is working fine but out of no where my external does not work at all no ringing, messages alarms ..etc..
    05-11-09 11:59 AM
    I am sure you already checked this but is the volume turned all the way down?
    05-11-09 12:07 PM
    Also go into sounds profiles and make sure you didnt accidentally turn off the sound.
    05-11-09 12:09 PM
    ya ive tried all different profile settings and nothing . ive tried music everything tried testing ring tone vibrate works great but no volume
    05-11-09 12:12 PM
    I have heard sometimes of the BB getting stuck in headphone mode after someone used their headphones but I cant remember what the fix was. You can try plugging the head phones back in then unplug them, just guessing at this point
    05-11-09 12:14 PM
    ya know i did use headphones for the first time right before this happened
    05-11-09 12:16 PM
    i used my headphones and updated to .141 that night this happened i tried downgrading to .75 but still nothing
    05-11-09 12:18 PM
    By chance have you done a battery pull, if not do so and see if that fixes it
    05-11-09 12:32 PM
    ya i have done several of them still nothing
    05-11-09 12:45 PM
    when you go into sound profiles>set ring tones and alerts >click on messages are all the volumes turned up
    05-11-09 12:48 PM
    ya everything is all turned up . i tried the little test thing when u set ring tone and that still does nothing im baffled lol
    05-11-09 12:53 PM
    Same happened to me, brought it back to Verizon store and they are sending me a replacement.

05-11-09 01:00 PM
    You have junk in the headphone thing stick a pin in there and clean it out. You can dail voice mail and look on the top right there should be a pic of a headset keep poking till it turns to just a speaker.
    05-11-09 01:02 PM
    I have heard sometimes of the BB getting stuck in headphone mode after someone used their headphones but I cant remember what the fix was. You can try plugging the head phones back in then unplug them, just guessing at this point
    this is what happened to me

i just plugged headphones in and then unplugged them and it unstuck
    05-11-09 01:05 PM
    You have junk in the headphone thing stick a pin in there and clean it out. You can dail voice mail and look on the top right there should be a pic of a headset keep poking till it turns to just a speaker.
    I would give this a try, otherwise I am stumped
    05-11-09 01:06 PM
    cool thanks just got off the phone with tech support they are sending me a new one out also. thanks for all the help guys.
    05-11-09 01:24 PM
    Does anyone know what the fix was for this? I've tried pulling the battery and tried unplugging/replugging headphones - my external speaker stopped working - handset part works, can play through the headphones - yet it won't ring/etc - barely had my phone a month
    07-07-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD