so....basically...

before i post this, i am in no way shape or form an apple fanboy, i love my blackberry storm.

But with the iphone 3.0 upgrade, the iphone now has Copy and Paste as well as MMS.

Typically when people come on these forums, and they ask for comparisons between the Storm and iPhone. MMS and C/P are the 2 most common things that come up....

What say you now friends.....
    03-17-09 01:17 PM
    I think this is great news for Iphone and ATT users....the better the iphone becomes the better the competitors have to become.
    03-17-09 01:20 PM
    Dam, I hope the storm has something up there sleeve, if not jesus here I come. I'm a follower lol
    Last edited by konstantine21; 03-17-09 at 02:26 PM.
    03-17-09 01:23 PM
    It is the Baby Jesus! All kidding aside Apple is an amazing Company, they never stop improving that phone.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-17-09 at 01:30 PM.
    03-17-09 01:27 PM
    Here we go again....
    03-17-09 01:27 PM
    I think the ability to record video without using one of the 3rd party apps (which do a pretty bad job anyway) is also one of the major reason I wanted the Storm over the iphone.

Plus I am no fan of AT&Ts cel service. Though it may be better now when I had it I had constant drops, reports from callers that the line was busy etc.

I am happy with Verizon's network and after the bbcrackman 114 hybrid I am very happy with my storm.
    03-17-09 01:30 PM
    I am impressed. The Storm only has one thing going for it now, and that's Verizon.

Apple is going to get so many more buyers when this software hits, RIM can do nothing now.
    03-17-09 01:31 PM
    Also, expect video to be announced further down the line.
    03-17-09 01:32 PM
    If I had AT&T I would have an iPhone. But I have Verizon and their service is better so I have the Storm.
    03-17-09 01:36 PM
    25,000 apps available, WOW
    03-17-09 01:37 PM
    So the iPhone has been out for almost 2 years and they finally get copy/paste and MMS. They had MMS back in the days when people were sending messages by chiseling a rock. And the iPhone is supposed to be setting the standard? I think not, it's a toy.
    03-17-09 01:40 PM
    If I had AT&T I would have an iPhone. But I have Verizon and their service is better so I have the Storm.
    yep, AT&T coverage stinks here as well. easy decisions since it's a phone first.
    03-17-09 01:41 PM
    Now that we know what iphone os 3 is all about, RIM should improve on the storm and make it even better adding things the iphone doesn't have (hopefully an update wont take forever to be released). If RIM drops the ball on the storm now, I wont be to happy (aka. ill be switching)
    03-17-09 01:42 PM
    Thats great news for them. If I had AT&T, I'd also get the iPhone, but I have Verizon and thus have the Storm.
    03-17-09 01:44 PM
    Good news all around. Put pressure on RIM to step it up
    03-17-09 01:46 PM
    The cutcopypaste function looks awesome, as I would expect from Apple. I just don't understand why they took so long to deliver such a basic feature. *That doesn't mean RIM is off the hook with their crappy copy/paste and OS*
    03-17-09 01:46 PM
    For me it is coverage first then the phone. I am happy with the storm. BTW did they get push email yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 01:47 PM
    Now that we know what iphone os 3 is all about, RIM should improve on the storm and make it even better adding things the iphone doesn't have (hopefully an update wont take forever to be released). If RIM drops the ball on the storm now, I wont be to happy (aka. ill be switching)

RIM's is still struggling to make the Storm OS semi responsive and actually usable, the ball has been dropped since launch.
    03-17-09 01:50 PM
    My feelings exactly. AT&T's network where I live stinks. I really like my Storm but if I had a choice between the 2 if Verizon carried both it would be the iPhone. Especially when version 3.0 is released
    03-17-09 01:50 PM
    The iphone has been out TWO YEARS, and just gets the basic updates the storm had at launch.
    Think how much better the storm will be in a month when 1. storefront comes out, and 2. the GC redesigned GUI and OS comes out (hopefully with graphics acceleration, because the hardware in the storm is definitely one of the best in any phone, disregarding the single audio channel problem)
    03-17-09 01:53 PM
    For me it is coverage first then the phone. I am happy with the storm. BTW did they get push email yet?

it was announced that true push e-mail is on its way very soon.
    03-17-09 01:54 PM
    the only thing iphone has over storm atm is flash development
    (now that our appstore and gold code OS is almost here
    03-17-09 01:56 PM
    the only thing iphone has over storm atm is flash development
    (now that our appstore and gold code OS is almost here
    Ya, an app store with nothing in it and the gold code that will not be any faster than the current disaster, and is still not released.
    03-17-09 02:02 PM
    so....basically...

before i post this, i am in no way shape or form an apple fanboy, i love my blackberry storm.

But with the iphone 3.0 upgrade, the iphone now has Copy and Paste as well as MMS.

Typically when people come on these forums, and they ask for comparisons between the Storm and iPhone. MMS and C/P are the 2 most common things that come up....

What say you now friends.....
    As I have said before, the iPhone no doubt has superior interface. The problem is not on the iPhones. The problem is on the network the iPhones are running on. Without the network coverage, the iPhone is nothing but a glorified iPod.

Wired News reported that iPhone users were not happy with the at&t network coverage in Austin while they were attending the South by Southwest event. You can find the article at this link:
    http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/03/sxsw-atts-spott.html

The New York Times also reported that: "A Gartner research report released in January found that data speeds for mobile phone users are often half of what is advertised by the carriers. The most glaring problem, Gartner found, is at AT&T. AT&T is constantly falling below the threshold".

Why do you think Apple approached Verizon Wireless FIRST to carry their iPhone? That means even Steve Job knows Verizon Wireless has better network coverage than the other carriers. It is only because Verizon Wireless turned him down, then he went to at&t.

03-17-09 02:03 PM
    Yeah the basic updates that the Storm had at launch...except the copy/paste function on the Storm is absolutely horrible because it is impossible to select text. And yes I'm running .75 before you say to upgrade to a leaked version. We shouldn't have to upgrade our OS to leaked versions of potentially unstable OS.

ETA: I love my Storm and I love the coverage/service that I get with it using Verizon.
    03-17-09 02:03 PM
247 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD