OK so I was @ T-MOBILE lots of line and its like a jungle out there, I needed my 8900 replaced as it was being finicky when using UMA and trackball issues. So i taught drop by and just have it exchange, line was no biggie I can wait... So what I did was call in first make sure they have it in stock and the guy I talked to say they have them, usually when I call I don't mention that I need for an exchange because most of the time stores will say they don't have in stock or atleast from my previous experiences...

Fastforward, went to the store stand in line for about 20-30 mins. and when it was my turn I said I need my 8900 replaced, he went to the back for about 5 mins, came back and he said they don't have the BB8900 in stock and I have to go to a different store, about 10 mi out (but they are closing in about 10 mins. see I needed the phone and I wouldn't have it exchange if it wasn't for the problems I was experiencing), so I told the CSR "I just called in 5 mins ago and you said you have them in stock???!!" he said "i must've overlooked sorry".. so I stayed in the store for awhile and weighing my options I feel like I have been lied to, so while waiting I saw 2 guys came in yadayadayada and this CSR had the nerve to pull a BB8900 for them, So I asked again how come they got one? he said they called in to put in on hold in advance, but from what I was seeing these guys are just walked in customers!!! anyway I have no way to prove this so I was pretty pissed.. so what I did was called the same store again, asked for BB8900 and sure enough he said he has them in stock!!! so while we where talking he asked me to hold, while he finish up the customer he is currently with. I say OK once he got done with the customer on store, I came up and I said I'm the one you put on hold on that line, give me my replacement or you'll have serious problem here!!! I was pretty pissed! so got I his name and his manager's name!!!

cliff:
    1. I need phone replacement (which is only 7 days old)
    2. I called and say store has stock.
    3. 30 mins I arrive at the store and told no stock I have to wait for about 2 weeks.
    4. I called the same store while in the store and was told they have stock
    5. Walked up to the lying creep and demand my BB 8900 replacement.
    6. Nothing comes between my BB 8900 and me

I don't know if I did was wrong or anything I just hate being lied to, especially if I'm paying it with my hard earned money....
    03-17-09 12:34 AM
    Probably need to wear boots at that location, they were piling up the BS on ya.

How is catching someone in a bald-faced lie wrong? It's not, especially when you're just trying to get what you paid for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 01:32 AM
    Didn't you post this in the 8900 forum too?

But yeah like I said, I replaced my 8900 in store twice at the same store and it was no problem at all. Everyone was very nice and had no issue with it.
    03-17-09 02:16 AM
    So...did you get the phone?
    03-17-09 07:43 AM
    So...did you get the phone?
    yep!! I think the last thing on that guy's mind is to come between me and the berry
    03-17-09 10:20 AM
    Good For you!!! They should know better. They gave me trouble as well but it was a problem with a feature that I was owed, and they wanna act like I was begging and didn't want to put it on my account. I had to take care of this via phone, which was harder but I got it done. just like everything else in this world, it's who you talk to.
    03-26-09 08:40 AM
    Yea sounds like the guy was trying to make the sales. They get commission I think. Its fun calling people when they lie aint it.
    03-26-09 09:14 AM
    I've had this happen before. I'd call, ask if they could do something for me if I came in, "Sure no problem", I go in, they treat me like I'm an ***** and then send me on my merry little way sans what I asked for. It was only one location, but I certainly decided that I wouldn't return if that same person was there the next time. That guy screwed you over, I'd call TMO retention with the name of the sales rep and his boss. Crooked.
    03-26-09 10:30 AM
    Luck of the draw, friend. I was (briefly) a T-Mo customer and had great results with onsite service. Glad you got it, sorry it was such a hassle.
    03-26-09 10:46 AM
    I've seen this treatment to customers at most third party stores. Usually I am treated like royalty whenever I go to corporate stores.

This even goes for Verizon and AT&T at the mall I work at. The third party stores usually treat their customers like crap where the coprorate stores have been awesome!

It's a shame. I don't know if the store you are talking about is corporate or third party.
    03-26-09 10:48 AM
    I hate liars too.
    03-26-09 11:11 AM
    Good for you. Stick it to the man! LMAO
    03-27-09 06:29 PM
    That's great for you...serves that wiseguy well. T-mobile definitily has CSRs that try to pull fast ones customers. No commission for him!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 07:45 PM
    I had an issue with in-store clerk (corp store) and he didnt give a rats @$$ when I confronted him.
    I called Customer Care and they were great. I made sure I gave them that dude's name and the store he worked at. I have to go back there over the weekend so we'll see if he remembers me.
    03-27-09 08:06 PM
    don't keep a addict from their crack lmao
    03-27-09 09:42 PM
    The reps only get commission on new sales of phones, so there are a few dishonest people out that that will do crap like this.
    03-27-09 10:39 PM
    have to go back there over the weekend so we'll see if he remembers me.
    Ha, he won't care and I can guarantee you they didn't do anything to him.
    03-27-09 10:58 PM
    Never had any problems in the store, just when you call in thinking you're speaking to someone in the US but you end up speaking to someone in New Dahli, India...pretty frustrating!!!
    03-27-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD