Looking for people who are interested in joining a team of devs and want to be devs who are working on bring more open source items to the BB community as well as frameworks and free software.

Let me know
    PM or email will work best. Questions.... ask them here or email/pm
    03-16-09 07:57 PM
    Would also love to find some Graphic people.
    03-16-09 10:21 PM
    People dont leave your email in this thread. Just click on my name amd select either PM or Email me option
    03-16-09 10:55 PM
    Im down, Im not great with UI/Graphics stuff but im a Java pro. Let me know what I can do, ill PM you my Pin and Email.
    03-18-09 11:46 AM
    Looking forward to hearing from you
    03-18-09 11:50 AM
    No experience at all with anything but want to learn. Have plazmic and JDE but can't use them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 07:18 PM
    Want to learn no experience though. None at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 07:20 PM
    Well start with theming. But if you want to get into BB app dev. start learn Java. Does not need to be BB Java just learn basic java.
    03-18-09 07:24 PM
    I am in the same boat as ccstorm is in. No experince but what to learn and get into app dev and theme dev. Looking to do it as a side thing. And Rayford I see you said learn basic java but I was wondering is that basic java mobile or just basic java? Thanks.
    03-19-09 08:26 AM
    I would love to I have a bit of experience and I mostly know how to read the programs, and I'm a fast learner. PM me if sounds bit interesting enough.

Ohh I can come up with good ideas for apps/games, that should be a good thing for you
    03-19-09 08:49 AM
    I am in the same boat as ccstorm is in. No experince but what to learn and get into app dev and theme dev. Looking to do it as a side thing. And Rayford I see you said learn basic java but I was wondering is that basic java mobile or just basic java? Thanks.
    Learn basic java as it will transfer over between computers and Mobile. java ME has some differences, but the enentials you learn from Java SE can be used with all Java versions. Also google is the best friend for java. There are SOOOOOOO many java code snipets and such that make learning how to do stuff very easy.

Start with a program like JBuilder. Once you learn you way around java you can move to a program like Netbeans. But start with a basic java ide. Build your GUIs by hand so you learn the code and understand it.
    03-19-09 10:39 AM
    I would love to I have a bit of experience and I mostly know how to read the programs, and I'm a fast learner. PM me if sounds bit interesting enough.

Ohh I can come up with good ideas for apps/games, that should be a good thing for you
    Work with java a bit and get used to it. then contact me and we will set you up. But start wiht just some basic java tutorials and see if you still like it. Some people want to learn, but once they start they do not like it. I had this exp with Objective-C.
    03-19-09 10:41 AM
    Cool. Thanks Rayford you have been really helpfull.
    03-19-09 12:03 PM
    No problem. If you have any questions just email me
    03-19-09 05:44 PM
    Would also love to find some Graphic people.
    I'm a graphic designer and web developer by trade... i'd be willing to provide whatever you need for exchange for some development tips and help!

I've developed for the pocket pc using .net, but just switched to my first bb (storm 9530) last month.
    03-19-09 08:15 PM
    Learn basic java as it will transfer over between computers and Mobile. java ME has some differences, but the enentials you learn from Java SE can be used with all Java versions. Also google is the best friend for java. There are SOOOOOOO many java code snipets and such that make learning how to do stuff very easy.

Start with a program like JBuilder. Once you learn you way around java you can move to a program like Netbeans. But start with a basic java ide. Build your GUIs by hand so you learn the code and understand it.
    Hey you recommend JBuilder but I'm trying to get the free version which is the Turbo edition, but after I register and everything it tells me it is a trial.

Do you or anyone knows about it?
    03-19-09 11:10 PM
    Hey Rayford can you suggest any textbooks that I could buy to study up on basic java? My current work / family schedule keeps me away from the computer so Google, useful as it may be, is not exactly my best option, but I can always read print while on break at work, just can't use company computers.
    03-20-09 02:45 AM
    Java is a funny thing. I think it is the best language to learn without a book. SOOOOO much stuff in on the net on Java. Best thing to do is download some tutorials and notes from the web on Java. ccstorm if you are really interested. Or if anyone else is really interested. Contact me and i will hook you up with some hand picked print outs i have been using for a very long time for java. Most of it is just code samples. Once you learn the basics of the needed classes to run a basic java app you can learn the rest as you go.
    03-20-09 02:50 AM
    That would be great, should I send a PIN message or what?
    03-20-09 03:03 AM
    Ya Pin or email will be good. Email will be better. Just click on my name in the forum and select email
    03-20-09 08:53 AM
    Hi Rayford,

I'm in if you'll have me!
    I'm unable to send you a pm or an email because I'm under 10 posts
    03-23-09 03:03 PM
    Hi Rayford

I'd like to be a part of such a dev team, I 've got more than 2 years background with BB dev.Pls let me know, how can I contribute ?
    Last edited by vk.anand; 03-24-09 at 01:17 AM. Reason: more info
    03-24-09 01:15 AM
    Always happy to expand the team
    03-24-09 02:51 AM
    I'm new to this site so it said to me that at least 10 posts required for PMing,
    Anyway later on after 10 posts, I'm able to reply you, please check the reply.
    03-24-09 03:41 AM
    got it just email the info and we will be good to go
    03-24-09 03:44 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD